May 13, 200818 yr Tank got killed... it happens. The thing that annoys me is our guys that went out hacking in the 9th against a guy that can't throw strikes.
May 13, 200818 yr Tank got killed... it happens. The thing that annoys me is our guys that went out hacking in the 9th against a guy that can't throw strikes. We're nothing if not aggressive. I don't know how many times a guy has walked on four pitches when the next guy up swung at the first pitch.
May 13, 200818 yr Tank got killed... it happens. The thing that annoys me is our guys that went out hacking in the 9th against a guy that can't throw strikes. We're nothing if not aggressive. I don't know how many times a guy has walked on four pitches when the next guy up swung at the first pitch. I don't mind if you are swinging at a juicy pitch, but Hermida went up there aggressive... I really hope they aren't still telling him to be more aggressive.
May 13, 200818 yr Losses happen. Luckily, they haven't happened very often so far. you right we cannot win all game boston good team other day their lost no team can win 23 in row :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
May 13, 200818 yr I liked the idea of sending Tank out for the 7th...(with lefties like Patterson and Griffey coming up, etc.) ...however, after he walked Griffey, he should've been out of the ballgame (Phillips KILLS LH pitching)...so I didn't get that move.
May 13, 200818 yr Tank pitching there was stupid Patterson can't hit righties or lefties Keppinger crushes lefties but can't hit righties Griffey hits both well And then he leaves him in for Phillips, who's like a sub-.700 OPS against righties and above 1.000 against lefties SIGH
May 13, 200818 yr I liked the idea of sending Tank out for the 7th...(with lefties like Patterson and Griffey coming up, etc.) ...however, after he walked Griffey, he should've been out of the ballgame (Phillips KILLS LH pitching)...so I didn't get that move. Exactly. Keppinger vs LHP: .360/.426/.549/.975 Phillips vs LHP: .304/.351/.508/.839 Yeah, lets leave him in.
May 13, 200818 yr I liked the idea of sending Tank out for the 7th...(with lefties like Patterson and Griffey coming up, etc.) ...however, after he walked Griffey, he should've been out of the ballgame (Phillips KILLS LH pitching)...so I didn't get that move. Exactly. He should have been gone after Griffey. Phillips vs LHP: .304/.351/.508/.839. He shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. If he wanted a lefty, Pinto only pitched one inning yesterday and none the day before. He was more than ready. For some reason, he decided to go with his two struggling pitcher out of the pen today. Atleast Lindstrom has been better lately, but putting Tank in there was inexcusable. Terrible decision.
May 13, 200818 yr i turned off after phillips 2 run blast cos it was gettin later here - after 2am i checked the play by play this morning and saw amezaga left bases loaded to end the 8th my question - had cody already been used as a pinch hitter/runner? cos surely since hes been a bit better of late it woulda made sense for him to come in and drive those runs in considering alfredo was hitless for the night?
May 13, 200818 yr I have no problem losing games when the other team was better. However, I do have a problem losing games when we were better. There was no reason for us to lose this game. We were the better team today, and then blew it. Cantu and Burdenhop caused them 2 runs. No reason Tank should have been pitching either. All around, everyone did their part to blow this game. It really sucks to lose as a result of being stupid. ps I would have liked to see Ross get the start today being that we are playing in a HR park and that he?s been a little hot lately and Amezaga?s been struggling. Also, Treanor should have gotten the start. Again, I have no problem with this streak ending naturally. But this loss was not natural, it was an abortion of our streak. Btw... Dusty Baker is the worst manager in the history of baseball. In the future, I would recommend actually thinking about what you're about to post first before typing it. How was Badenhop vs Someone MUCH better than Badenhop a game in which we were the better team? Badenhop is terrible and Aaron H has a low 3's ERA. We were lucky the game was that close and it only felt like a tough loss because Griffey dropped a pop up. Sometimes baseball teams lose games. In fact, every baseball team will lose at least 50 games this year. Deal with it and stop crying.
May 13, 200818 yr I have no problem losing games when the other team was better. However, I do have a problem losing games when we were better. There was no reason for us to lose this game. We were the better team today, and then blew it. Cantu and Burdenhop caused them 2 runs. No reason Tank should have been pitching either. All around, everyone did their part to blow this game. It really sucks to lose as a result of being stupid. ps I would have liked to see Ross get the start today being that we are playing in a HR park and that he's been a little hot lately and Amezaga's been struggling. Also, Treanor should have gotten the start. Again, I have no problem with this streak ending naturally. But this loss was not natural, it was an abortion of our streak. Btw... Dusty Baker is the worst manager in the history of baseball. In the future, I would recommend actually thinking about what you're about to post first before typing it. How was Badenhop vs Someone MUCH better than Badenhop a game in which we were the better team? Badenhop is terrible and Aaron H has a low 3's ERA. We were lucky the game was that close and it only felt like a tough loss because Griffey dropped a pop up. Sometimes baseball teams lose games. In fact, every baseball team will lose at least 50 games this year. Deal with it and stop crying. please explain to me how badenhop is terrible? this is a kid who just over 1 month ago had never pitched in the major leagues. i accept he struggled at first but he has now posted 3 consecutive good starts - 6 inn 3 runs vs LA, 5.2 inn 2 runs vs Mil and 6 inn 3 runs vs Cin - hardly "terrible" also consider the fact he was 33-13 in the minor leagues which is pretty darn good there are several other rookie/young pitchers such as phil hughes/ian kennedy/jonny cueto who are struggling far more than the hopper despite being highly touted prospects. hopper is fine. deal with it
May 13, 200818 yr Your post only focuses on the fact that I called Badenhop "terrible". So lets do it this way, this was not a game in which we were the favorite to win. Badenhop and his inflated ERA vs a guy in the low 3's is not a game in which we were clearly the better team. I get so sick of these posts that whine about losses. This wasn't a tough loss. We were facing a very good pitcher and we were lucky to get 2 runs off of him early when he started out cold (which happens to premier pitchers often, get them early before they settle in). Again, this only felt like a tough loss because Griffey drops the pop fly to RF.
May 13, 200818 yr i agree harang is an ace pitcher and his record means nothing due to the horrendous run support he was getting however this team doesnt have to fear any pitcher this year - we have already bashed about studs such as oswalt, maddux, and hudson the game tonight could be tough cos that kid volquez is on fire, however as i just said this team is capable of scoring high off anyone at the moment
May 13, 200818 yr I liked the idea of sending Tank out for the 7th...(with lefties like Patterson and Griffey coming up, etc.) ...however, after he walked Griffey, he should've been out of the ballgame (Phillips KILLS LH pitching)...so I didn't get that move. Exactly. He should have been gone after Griffey. Phillips vs LHP: .304/.351/.508/.839. He shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. If he wanted a lefty, Pinto only pitched one inning yesterday and none the day before. He was more than ready. For some reason, he decided to go with his two struggling pitcher out of the pen today. Atleast Lindstrom has been better lately, but putting Tank in there was inexcusable. Terrible decision. Well I don't know about that. Yeah, Pinto may be having the better year but Tankersley is the lefty specialist. It's why he's here. You don't deny the guy work and show him that you have no confidence in him by leaving him in the bullpen with two lefties due up to start off an inning. On the other hand, there was absolutely no logic in letting him face right handed hitters, especially guys like Keppinger and Phillips at a park like GABP. I'd like to know what was going on in Fredi's mind at that moment, if anything.
May 13, 200818 yr Tank should have been taken out after the first two run homerun. At the very least, he should have been taken out after he let the first runner get on base after giving up the first two run shot. No way should he have faced Phillips. Tank is not cutting it. He should be sent down.
May 13, 200818 yr taking either one of these two first games of the series is a challenge considering the pitching match-ups volquez being the hotter of the two, we should have taken this first game but sloppy play cost us, its not going to get any easier today
May 13, 200818 yr Your post only focuses on the fact that I called Badenhop "terrible". So lets do it this way, this was not a game in which we were the favorite to win. Badenhop and his inflated ERA vs a guy in the low 3's is not a game in which we were clearly the better team. I get so sick of these posts that whine about losses. This wasn't a tough loss. We were facing a very good pitcher and we were lucky to get 2 runs off of him early when he started out cold (which happens to premier pitchers often, get them early before they settle in). Again, this only felt like a tough loss because Griffey drops the pop fly to RF. Which is exactly why it's a tough loss. Because we got to a good pitcher early, and then let it slip away. My problem yesterday was with the Fredi bringing Tank into a tie game in the 7th when he has been struggling all year. If a lefty was needed, then it should have been Pinto. If not there were better options. I don't know about anyone else but I had a bad feeling when I saw Tank come into the game. I like Tank but for the most part he has awful this year. You want to talk about inflated ERA's? Take a look at Tanks... This wasn't a tough loss standings wise because we were bound to lose sooner or later, but it was tough loss in a sense that we had a good pitcher down early, and blew it with poor D and bad management. Now we face another tough pitcher tonight. Would have been nice to hold on yesterday. That said, Volquez is human, and a rookie. He is due for a bad outing..
May 13, 200818 yr I liked the idea of sending Tank out for the 7th...(with lefties like Patterson and Griffey coming up, etc.) ...however, after he walked Griffey, he should've been out of the ballgame (Phillips KILLS LH pitching)...so I didn't get that move. Exactly. He should have been gone after Griffey. Phillips vs LHP: .304/.351/.508/.839. He shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. If he wanted a lefty, Pinto only pitched one inning yesterday and none the day before. He was more than ready. For some reason, he decided to go with his two struggling pitcher out of the pen today. Atleast Lindstrom has been better lately, but putting Tank in there was inexcusable. Terrible decision. So...what happens later on in the year? Pinto has been in what? 20 games already (for about 25 innings?) What's the point of having Tankersley in the bullpen if you're never going to use him?
May 13, 200818 yr I liked the idea of sending Tank out for the 7th...(with lefties like Patterson and Griffey coming up, etc.) ...however, after he walked Griffey, he should've been out of the ballgame (Phillips KILLS LH pitching)...so I didn't get that move. Exactly. He should have been gone after Griffey. Phillips vs LHP: .304/.351/.508/.839. He shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. If he wanted a lefty, Pinto only pitched one inning yesterday and none the day before. He was more than ready. For some reason, he decided to go with his two struggling pitcher out of the pen today. Atleast Lindstrom has been better lately, but putting Tank in there was inexcusable. Terrible decision. So...what happens later on in the year? Pinto has been in what? 20 games already (for about 25 innings?) What's the point of having Tankersley in the bullpen if you're never going to use him? You don't use somebody's who's struggling against hitters that absolutely CRUSH his handedness in a late tie game . Not only that but throughout his career Tank has struggled getting RHB out. I really don't want him to be a LOOGY, and he's certainly too young to label him as such. But it is what it is. I agree that Pinto is being overworked But Justin Miller isn't and hasn't been used since the 9th. Kensing should have been available (pitched yesterday but only one inn and has only pitched in 3 games this month). Matty has been struggling of late but still would have been a better option. We had other options. And he should probably be in AAA
May 13, 200818 yr I liked the idea of sending Tank out for the 7th...(with lefties like Patterson and Griffey coming up, etc.) ...however, after he walked Griffey, he should've been out of the ballgame (Phillips KILLS LH pitching)...so I didn't get that move. Exactly. He should have been gone after Griffey. Phillips vs LHP: .304/.351/.508/.839. He shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. If he wanted a lefty, Pinto only pitched one inning yesterday and none the day before. He was more than ready. For some reason, he decided to go with his two struggling pitcher out of the pen today. Atleast Lindstrom has been better lately, but putting Tank in there was inexcusable. Terrible decision. So...what happens later on in the year? Pinto has been in what? 20 games already (for about 25 innings?) What's the point of having Tankersley in the bullpen if you're never going to use him? You don't use somebody's who's struggling against hitters that absolutely CRUSH his handedness in a late tie game . Not only that but throughout his career Tank has struggled getting RHB out. I really don't want him to be a LOOGY, and he's certainly too young to label him as such. But it is what it is. I agree that Pinto is being overworked But Justin Miller isn't and hasn't been used since the 9th. Kensing should have been available (pitched yesterday but only one inn and has only pitched in 3 games this month). Matty has been struggling of late but still would have been a better option. We had other options. And he should probably be in AAA I agree about Miller. He's done a good job, but hasn't gotten much work lately, for some reason. However...in that situation...Miller isn't exactly very good against lefties. He dominates righties though. I don't mind Tank coming in, I do think, however, that he left him in TOO LONG. As for Pinto...definitely...he's been used A LOT already.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.