what going on this road trip???

why are you the biggest pessimists who points out the obvious?

We're 2-4 on the trip...the toughest trip of the year. I said before it started, if we comeback 5-5, it would be nice. Even 4-6 wouldn't be the end of the world.

This is the TOUGHEST road trip of the year.

i honestly cannot say that i did not expect that. When we had that 5-1 lead i said to myself that i wish it was the 8th inning cause i knew the phillies were gonna come back.

They do it everytime and it seems like those sunday games against the phillies are cursed. We have seen this a million times and until that changes were gona have problems.

Its enough saying that we COULD have won 2 of 3. We need to start doing it.

The team strength is the bullpen.

The bullpen has blown 2 games on the road trip.

I'm not worried.

It's June 1st, and we're .5 games out of 1st place.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

These games happen.

Just gotta improve, and this team seems to have good resiliency.

People are going into panic mode already?

I mean, come on. Road series' are meant to be lost anyway. When you take 1 out of 3 from a team on the road, all you do is shrug your shoulders and be thankful you werent swept. I think the early road success this team has had is making you guys think road trips were made to be won by the road team. They're not. Relax!

I am not in panic mode but realistically when you consistantley getting 5 inning at best from your starting pitching day after day the bullpen is going to be over used . Scott Olsen and Hendrickson have not pitched well in a long time. We need to tread water until Sanchez and Mitre are able to come back . Relex and enjoy the season we are still relevant in June if i would have told you that in March most people wouldnt have believed me.

yea theres nothing to worry about

we caught a mets team that is under pressure

a red hot phillies team

and now we are going to atlanata to a braves team that never loses at home

so if we go 5-5 in this roadtrip

it is an success

like buck martinez said during the broadcast the marlins gotta start doing the simple things

and dan uggla shoulder is starting to fly open every swing again im worried about that

People are going into panic mode already?

miamibaseball is always in panic mode.

24/7

:lolup

i hate losing series now we lost two in row i hate losing

well, it happens.

And if it makes you feel any better, we have less losses than the Phillies, despite being .5 back.

We weren't going to go 162-0...as a matter of fact, we're SUPPOSED to be in last place...according to the "experts" in March.

There is plenty to worry about.Our starting pitching is falling overboard.

it is?

How is it any worse than it was about a month ago?

Olsen has done worse

Hendrickson has done a lot worse (as expected)

Nolasco has done better

Miller has done a lot better

...it's been this way all year.

it is?

Olsen has done worse

Nolasco has done better

it be nice to get a number 5 starter to take the hoppers spot because it doesn't seems he quite ready for the majors yet

but no one is out there because most teams are still in the race in june but its still early

it is?

Olsen has done worse

Nolasco has done better

Starting pitching sucked a month ago and it sucks now.

Guest Lissy

Eh. Wasn't too pleased with the outcome but I'm not worried. Thankfully, the season doesn't end in June.

i hate losing

Well, obviously. Everyone does but it's part of the game.

So May 31st everything was great because we were in first by .5 game and now we all need to panic because we're .5 back of first on June 1st? Have you people never watched a baseball season before?? As someone else said, this is the toughest trip of the year....I'd easily take 5-5 or even 4-6. We have been in every game except the first one in Philly and should have won that last one in NY. The Phillies are hitting out of their minds right now, do you think they'll be hitting like this all year? I don't (although they are a great offensive team). It's baseball, it happens.

I'm neither in 'panic mode' nor am I a pessimist but this team is not playoff caliber. In fact, I believe they will push the .500 threshold closer than many here are willing to admit.

The starting rotation simply isn't talented and consistent enough to carry the Marlins into the postseason. A couple weeks ago I stated that if the Marlins were able to put up a .500 record or better in these last 6 games I would believe. They didn't do it.

And let me remind you that this is coming from one of the few people here that did not enter 'panic mode' after Willis and Cabrera were traded.

I'm neither in 'panic mode' nor am I a pessimist but this team is not playoff caliber. In fact, I believe they will push the .500 threshold closer than many here are willing to admit.

The starting rotation simply isn't talented and consistent enough to carry the Marlins into the postseason. A couple weeks ago I stated that if the Marlins were able to put up a .500 record or better in these last 6 games I would believe. They didn't do it.

And let me remind you that this is coming from one of the few people here that did not enter 'panic mode' after Willis and Cabrera were traded.

lol, so a difference in 1 game, makes you not believe anymore?

We were 1 win away from .500 this week. And now you no longer believe...in early June? Wow...