Marlins need to make these moves

I saw Tommy Hutton taking a few swings in the cage. They are considering signing him to a deal.

how bout you go check snachez stats and then get back to trying to make a joke.

They aren't going to bring him up man. If they haven't gotten rid of Mike Jacobs by now, they aren't going to use another roster spot for a guy who only plays first.

Well how bout Brett Favre, he's available, lets see if he wants to play 1st base for the marlins

gaby sanchez would be perfect right now. he has a great average across all categories. and also has a great k/bb ratio.

i'd still rather have Brett Favre, he would bring in the crowd!

Id put Farve in right with his arm or behind the plate...It would certainly be an upgrade over Baker's 9 yera old arm (even though he thru out Taveras)

As of callups you might as well call me up

ok, since you dont seem to get it.

they would be f***ed if they were brought up to the bigs tomorrow. you'd be lucky if their batting stats matched up with reggie abercrombie's. and the earlier we bring someone up, the earlier we have to pay them millions of dollars we probably don't have.

ok, since you dont seem to get it.

they would be f***ed if they were brought up to the bigs tomorrow. you'd be lucky if their batting stats matched up with reggie abercrombie's. and the earlier we bring someone up, the earlier we have to pay them millions of dollars we probably don't have.

im taslking about gaby sanchez, go look at his numbers.

hes 25 andcan produce and doesnt k.

ok, i was wrong, mcpherson up to majors, we need another bat so fredi isnt so short handed in close games, gaby snachez to aaa, and logan morrison to aa, he just hit another freking double, he is 3-3 today and has 2 hr's and is now hitting .355. unbelievable

Gaby Sanchez is going to be Adam Dunn...if we are lucky.

he is going to be the opposite. he doesnt strike out at all and has a great eye but he only has decent power

Go look at Adam Dunn's minor league numbers. They are very similar.

That said, striking out that much is overrated, especially when you walk as much as Dunn does. I would love, and I mean LOVE, if Gaby turned out to be Dunn like.

he is going to be the opposite. he doesnt strike out at all and has a great eye but he only has decent power

That said, striking out that much is overrated, especially when you walk as much as Dunn does. I would love, and I mean LOVE, if Gaby turned out to be Dunn like.

i know but do you agree with me that he is goign to be an excellent player and i have just decided to jump on the morrison bandwagon, he is going to be somethig special

i know but do you agree with me that he is goign to be an excellent player and i have just decided to jump on the morrison bandwagon, he is going to be somethig special

I said he will be Dunn like. And, despite the strikeout stigma, Dunn is an excellent player. Now, I think Gaby has the potential to be even better, but that's to be decided.

They're minor league numbers aren't very similiar at all, plus Dunn was young.

Dunn showed more HR power even though he was years younger, he walked 4! percent more, struck out 8!!! percent more, and ofcoarse had a worse BB/K

With Gaby's K numbers, he'll extremely likely hit for average. Look at Dunn's minor league K numbers, that's why he's not hitting for average now, it showed in the minors. Unlikely he walks as much as Dunn although he'll still walk a lot, and no chance he puts up Dunn's power numbers. Poor comparision.

They're minor league numbers aren't very similiar at all, plus Dunn was young.

Dunn showed more HR power even though he was years younger, he walked 4! percent more, struck out 8!!! percent more, and ofcoarse had a worse BB/K

With Gaby's K numbers, he'll extremely likely hit for average. Look at Dunn's minor league K numbers, that's why he's not hitting for average now, it showed in the minors. Unlikely he walks as much as Dunn although he'll still walk a lot, and no chance he puts up Dunn's power numbers. Poor comparision.

Ah, and you see what happens when you take quick looks at something while you are also going on about how you can't hear out of your left ear? (I CAN'T HEAR OUT OF MY LEFT EAR!)

You get things wrong.

I am still upset we didnt shop Gaby Sanchez at the deadline.

holy crap guys, sanchez has 2 hr's today and so does morrison. both need to get promoted, morrison to aa and sanchez to mlb

Sanchez will be a 5-10 HR guy in MLB in his best years, and his hurts you more than any offense he might bring. From everything I have read Jacobs is a gold glover by comparison. He is an overrated prospect whos value will go down quite a bit when he gets to MLB and he has virtually no power and cant field any position at even a mediocre level.

I am still upset we didnt shop Gaby Sanchez at the deadline.

holy crap guys, sanchez has 2 hr's today and so does morrison. both need to get promoted, morrison to aa and sanchez to mlb

Sanchez will be a 5-10 HR guy in MLB in his best years, and his hurts you more than any offense he might bring. From everything I have read Jacobs is a gold glover by comparison. He is an overrated prospect whos value will go down quite a bit when he gets to MLB and he has virtually no power and cant field any position at even a mediocre level.

I agree his power numbers will be poor (his ISO against RHP this year really concerns me), but at the same I'm sure he can put up a great OBP. How he gets his OPS isn't what matters, just that it's a good OPS.

And as far as his defense, f rom BA:

Thanks to hard work with infield coordinator Ed Romero, Sanchez has made himself into a solid first baseman. He's getting better jumps and reading contact better, and his hands even look a little softer. He moves laterally much better than he did even a year ago and still shows a strong arm.