Salary Dump

ArtVandelet

I was going to post this in the "Kevin Gregg Trade" thread but I decided it would probably destroy it by taking it off topic, but if this Gregg/Ceda trade looks so good and the front office made a good move, why would people be so vehemently against getting a 23 year old infielder with good credentials and two kids 19 and 20 years old who have decent pedigrees for two guys we all knew were getting traded anyways?

Does it not dawn on people the same FO team made both trades? Could there be something we are missing in the Bonifacio move (like maybe a strategy or plan going forward that the FO is executing) because it's so much easier to complain and harp on what's wrong with everything when we're on the outside looking in?

If anything the Ceda thing should give people pause to consider what's good about the previous trade. After all we just landed what appears to be a very decent prospect, and maybe if not coming out of spring training, perhaps in July, a reliever who can contribute in 2009, for a guy who had knee surgery two weeks ago, had a myriad of problems last season from not being able to see signs to the aforementioned knee problems, who is going to make $4 million in 2009 and is a free agent at the end of the season.

I don't see any of the three trades as being done in a vacuum, they are each an extension of the same game plan. The fact that some here have their panties in a wad because they can't fathom that and think they know more about talent than anyone in the front office is no reason for a real Marlins fans to get suckered into their petty bullsh*t negativism.

I was going to post this in the "Kevin Gregg Trade" thread but I decided it would probably destroy it by taking it off topic, but if this Gregg/Ceda trade looks so good and the front office made a good move, why would people be so vehemently against getting a 23 year old infielder with good credentials and two kids 19 and 20 years old who have decent pedigrees for two guys we all knew were getting traded anyways?

Does it not dawn on people the same FO team made both trades? Could there be something we are missing in the Bonifacio move (like maybe a strategy or plan going forward that the FO is executing) because it's so much easier to complain and harp on what's wrong with everything when we're on the outside looking in?

Or maybe it's that Bonifacio's track record isn't that great and he's looking like a utility guy at best right now. What good credential is he bringing? Yea, he's got "tremendous" defense and yet if he played the same amount of games as Coghlan this year, he would have put up 14 errors (to CC's 18). You all seem to harp so much on Coghlan's bad defense by his errors yet praise Bonifacio.

And yea, Bonifacio has great speed. No chance you get an argument from me on their. But like they say, "you can't steal first base".

Hard to believe the same group who made the Willingham/Olsen trade just pulled off the Gregg trade.

Coghlan had 23 errors plus his miscues throughout the post-season playoffs including two in the last game.

But like I said some people don't have the faculties to consider the notion that the front office is working their plan and while we on the outside aren't privy to it, nor understand how the pieces may fit together in the future, I'm comfortable they do. People scoffed at taking all that pitching a few years ago in the draft yet somehow or another this is a winning franchise with lots of talent, both pitching and positional working its way through the system to the major league level.

Looking at the pieces of a puzzle one by one isn't very helpful or informative unless you have the front of the puzzle box to see how they all fit together.

Coghlan had 23 errors plus his miscues throughout the post-season playoffs including two in the last game.

But like I said some people don't have the faculties to consider the notion that the front office is working their plan and while we on the outside aren't privy to it, nor understand how the pieces may fit together in the future, I'm comfortable they do. People scoffed at taking all that pitching a few years ago in the draft yet somehow or another this is a winning franchise with lots of talent, both pitching and positional working its way through the system to the major league level.

Looking at the pieces of a puzzle one by one isn't very helpful or informative unless you have the front of the puzzle box to see how they all fit together.

The problem with this is that we might not be done yet. If for instance we do a deal I would have in favor of a month ago - moving Uggla to the Giants for a Bumgarner/Alderson package, I will loathe the Olsen/Willingham deal. Right now I'm in favor of it because we won't miss either IMO at this point, and Bonifacio appears to be nothing more than a shinier, million dollar cheaper replacement of Fredo, and I'm cool with that. If we move Uggla though and we want to start Bonifacio...nasty.

I really don't think the front office has a plan. Let me see:

2005- trade everyone for rookies

2005-2007- suffer through the growing pains of these young players and the weaknesses that having a firesale left you with

2008- trade everyone except for Hanley, getting no talent in return

2011- trade all of those arbitration-eligible players who had to fill spots left over after you traded everyone in 2008, forcing them to start as rookies in 2009

This is bullcrap.

2005-2007- suffer through the growing pains of these young players and the weaknesses that having a firesale left you with

2011- trade all of those arbitration-eligible players who had to fill spots left over after you traded everyone in 2008, forcing them to start as rookies in 2009

This is bullcrap.

Welcome to the World of the Florida Marlins. It will be this way until the stadium is built.

2005- trade everyone for rookies (Joe Arriola tries to extort the sale of the team to political crony/foreign national and failing to do so kills the stadium deal negotiated and in place)

2005-2007- suffer through the growing pains of these young players and the weaknesses that having a firesale left you with (actually 2006-2008 having assembled a new Florida Marlins team built around cabrera and Willis we get to watch some really exciting baseball, a return to a winning record, the emergence of Hanley Ramirez and a core of exceptional pitchers and position players)

2008- trade everyone except for Hanley, getting no talent in return (the Marlins, having watched their young team for three seasons start jettisoning the underachievers and damaged goods to build a play-off contender for 2009, doubling payroll and assembling a new crop of major league ready or near ready players to take their places like Gaby Sanchez, Leo Nunez and Jose Ceda)

2011- trade all of those arbitration-eligible players who had to fill spots left over after you traded everyone in 2008, forcing them to start as rookies in 2009 (having just won their third World Series in 20 years while the Mets continue to be the losers they are and a frustrated group of fans tries to burn down the new Citibank Stadium for the second time in two years, Marlins payroll increases to major league average on revenue success from their stadium)

This is bullcrap. (Yes, it is)

2005- trade everyone for rookies (Joe Arriola tries to extort the sale of the team to political crony/foreign national and failing to do so kills the stadium deal negotiated and in place)

2005-2007- suffer through the growing pains of these young players and the weaknesses that having a firesale left you with (actually 2006-2008 having assembled a new Florida Marlins team built around cabrera and Willis we get to watch some really exciting baseball, a return to a winning record, the emergence of Hanley Ramirez and a core of exceptional pitchers and position players)

2008- trade everyone except for Hanley, getting no talent in return (the Marlins, having watched their young team for three seasons start jettisoning the underachievers and damaged goods to build a play-off contender for 2009, doubling payroll and assembling a new crop of major league ready or near ready players to take their places like Gaby Sanchez, Leo Nunez and Jose Ceda)

2011- trade all of those arbitration-eligible players who had to fill spots left over after you traded everyone in 2008, forcing them to start as rookies in 2009 (having just won their third World Series in 20 years while the Mets continue to be the losers they are and a frustrated group of fans tries to burn down the new Citibank Stadium for the second time in two years, Marlins payroll increases to major league average on revenue success from their stadium)

This is bullcrap. (Yes, it is)

LOL But, 2003, the guy was on such a roll with all that negativity. I think he almost even had himself convinced he was right. Shame on you.

BTW I was almost at the point where I had forgotten Ariolla's name. Double shame on you.

I'm a bit torn with this trade. I like Bonifacio, and I'm trying to be optimistic that he we turn out to be great. However, I really feel we got short-changed on this one. Olsen, is a young lefty who can log innngs and Hammer, though prone to injury is still a good player. There has to be a better market for those guys, especially if you consider moving Hammer to an AL team where he can DH. I mean Olsen is 24, on most other teams he'd be a rookie. I get a feeling this one might bite us on the ass

This is bullcrap.

Welcome to the World of the Florida Marlins. It will be this way until the stadium is built.

It will be this way until Loria and THE WET RAT are gone