January 6, 200917 yr Would he cost too much to bring in say by the end of January if he is still available...he did just reject a one year $10 Million offer from his own family, the yanks, but as the year goes by im pretty sure he'll realize that was the best offer he will get considering he is 36 and has been inconsistent during the beginning on the season
January 6, 200917 yr I think its safe to say theres a 0% chance of us pursuing Pettitte. Im sure there will be a few teams interested in him, and certainly ones more willing to splash the cash then ourselves. The Yankees and Astros are the most likely teams to sign him, so either NYY makes an improved offer or he could go back to Houston - tho I aint sure what their needs are this off-season
January 6, 200917 yr I wouldn't want him to be honest... I mean, we just gave up, for all intents and purposes, what was a younger, cheaper Pettite in Olsen
January 6, 200917 yr Zero chance.... Look How cheap we could have had P.Burrell for and they didnt even try...
January 6, 200917 yr Zero chance.... Look How cheap we could have had P.Burrell for and they didnt even try... Maybin, Ross, Hermida Raynor, Carroll, Morrison, Cousins, Petersen Stanton We're going to get 3 out of this short and longterm. Why commit money to Pat past this season, which is what we would have to do to get him. It would have been a dumb short sited move. I don't think a lot of you get how devastating payroll is going to be until that stadium is up. We're going to have to shed Uggla, Cantu, Ross, Amezaga, McPherson, and at least 4-5 (and don't just pick all the cheap ones) of Anibal (or another SP), Hermida, Lindstrom, Nunez, Kensing, and Pinto next year. We don't have money for anything more than a year right now. What we need to do is lowball Pudge until he accepts it for a 1 year deal, and find a 6th starting pitcher that can double as our 5th right hander out of the bullpen or sit in AAA. And then pray to god McPherson or Cantu can play a little bit in LF.
January 6, 200917 yr :lol why is this even a topic... he just rejected 10 mil! Why would he pitch for 350K?
January 6, 200917 yr Why the hell would he want to play here , and we def could not pay him enough. I dont think him rejecting the yanks offer was as much about money as it was about him feeing they really dont care if hes back or not. IMO hes playing in NYY or no where.
January 7, 200917 yr :lol why is this even a topic... he just rejected 10 mil! Why would he pitch for 350K? :mis2 I agree, he also basically said anywhere but NY Yankees he really doesnt want to play. I think Houston might be option, but I think he might retire before he goes to another team for a year and becomes a journey man for about 4 years.
January 7, 200917 yr seriously, I don't know what's more annoying... someone posting a thread mentioning every big name player who's out there everytime they are in the news or said poster not realizing that we don't pay for players, period, and that if a guy turns down $10 million for being too low he is not going to come on a discount here. It take a certain.......naivete (to be kind) for people to continue to post these questions.
January 7, 200917 yr seriously, I don't know what's more annoying... someone posting a thread mentioning every big name player who's out there everytime they are in the news or said poster not realizing that we don't pay for players, period, and that if a guy turns down $10 million for being too low he is not going to come on a discount here. It take a certain.......naivete (to be kind) for people to continue to post these questions. Especially pitchers. :thumbup I completely agree.
January 7, 200917 yr seriously, I don't know what's more annoying... someone posting a thread mentioning every big name player who's out there everytime they are in the news or said poster not realizing that we don't pay for players, period, and that if a guy turns down $10 million for being too low he is not going to come on a discount here. It take a certain.......naivete (to be kind) for people to continue to post these questions. Could be worse - someone could start up a thread suggesting Roger Clemens lol
January 7, 200917 yr seriously, I don't know what's more annoying... someone posting a thread mentioning every big name player who's out there everytime they are in the news or said poster not realizing that we don't pay for players, period, and that if a guy turns down $10 million for being too low he is not going to come on a discount here. It take a certain.......naivete (to be kind) for people to continue to post these questions. Could be worse - someone could start up a thread suggesting Roger Clemens lol Please, don't give anyone any ideas.
January 8, 200917 yr seriously, I don't know what's more annoying... someone posting a thread mentioning every big name player who's out there everytime they are in the news or said poster not realizing that we don't pay for players, period, and that if a guy turns down $10 million for being too low he is not going to come on a discount here. It take a certain.......naivete (to be kind) for people to continue to post these questions. Could be worse - someone could start up a thread suggesting Roger Clemens lol Hmm..... :mis2
January 9, 200917 yr seriously, I don't know what's more annoying... someone posting a thread mentioning every big name player who's out there everytime they are in the news or said poster not realizing that we don't pay for players, period, and that if a guy turns down $10 million for being too low he is not going to come on a discount here. It take a certain.......naivete (to be kind) for people to continue to post these questions. Could be worse - someone could start up a thread suggesting Roger Clemens lol Hmm..... :mis2 Its either a Clemens thread or no new news to talk about for about a week.
January 9, 200917 yr seriously, I don't know what's more annoying... someone posting a thread mentioning every big name player who's out there everytime they are in the news or said poster not realizing that we don't pay for players, period, and that if a guy turns down $10 million for being too low he is not going to come on a discount here. It take a certain.......naivete (to be kind) for people to continue to post these questions. Could be worse - someone could start up a thread suggesting Roger Clemens lol Hmm..... :mis2 Its either a Clemens thread or nothing news to talk about for about a week. I'll take the latter, thanks.
January 9, 200917 yr seriously, I don't know what's more annoying... someone posting a thread mentioning every big name player who's out there everytime they are in the news or said poster not realizing that we don't pay for players, period, and that if a guy turns down $10 million for being too low he is not going to come on a discount here. It take a certain.......naivete (to be kind) for people to continue to post these questions. Could be worse - someone could start up a thread suggesting Roger Clemens lol Hmm..... :mis2 Its either a Clemens thread or nothing news to talk about for about a week. I'll take the latter, thanks. I rather not.
January 10, 200917 yr Pettite shot himself in the foot. I don't think he will get more than $10 million from any other team than the Yankees.
January 10, 200917 yr Pettite shot himself in the foot. I don't think he will get more than $10 million from any other team than the Yankees. Damn are you seriosus or are you being hypathetical?
January 10, 200917 yr Pettite shot himself in the foot. I don't think he will get more than $10 million from any other team than the Yankees. Damn are you seriosus or are you being hypathetical? :lol
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.