Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Game 7 of the 1997 World Series

Featured Replies

I was there! That was probably one of my happiest childhood memories. When I look back on it, I was lucky to have witnessed it in person.

I was there! That was probably one of my happiest childhood memories. When I look back on it, I was lucky to have witnessed it in person.

 

What you said! Just incredible. I'll remember it till the day I die.

I've never seen it, so I'll probably record it on my DVR.

 

I want to say it's available for viewing on MLB.com...but I'm not 100% sure if it's there...they either have that one or the final game of the 2003 WS (or both, but I know they have one of them).

 

What I want to watch is the infamous Cubs/Marlins game...I missed watching that one.

I've never seen it, so I'll probably record it on my DVR.

 

I want to say it's available for viewing on MLB.com...but I'm not 100% sure if it's there...they either have that one or the final game of the 2003 WS (or both, but I know they have one of them).

 

What I want to watch is the infamous Cubs/Marlins game...I missed watching that one.

 

All the games in that series vs the Cubs were amazing, except maybe one or two blowouts. I also would love to watch the last two games vs the Giants. That last game of the NLDS was gold.

I've never seen it, so I'll probably record it on my DVR.

 

I want to say it's available for viewing on MLB.com...but I'm not 100% sure if it's there...they either have that one or the final game of the 2003 WS (or both, but I know they have one of them).

 

What I want to watch is the infamous Cubs/Marlins game...I missed watching that one.

 

All the games in that series vs the Cubs were amazing, except maybe one or two blowouts. I also would love to watch the last two games vs the Giants. That last game of the NLDS was gold.

Wasn't there a game in that series where the Giants team popped the champagne early and then we made a comeback or something like that? I remember hearing the Giants doing that for some reason or another and I've been looking for that game, but I can't find it. Dunno...my memory could just be playing tricks on me..

I've never seen it, so I'll probably record it on my DVR.

 

I want to say it's available for viewing on MLB.com...but I'm not 100% sure if it's there...they either have that one or the final game of the 2003 WS (or both, but I know they have one of them).

 

What I want to watch is the infamous Cubs/Marlins game...I missed watching that one.

 

All the games in that series vs the Cubs were amazing, except maybe one or two blowouts. I also would love to watch the last two games vs the Giants. That last game of the NLDS was gold.

Wasn't there a game in that series where the Giants team popped the champagne early and then we made a comeback or something like that? I remember hearing the Giants doing that for some reason or another and I've been looking for that game, but I can't find it. Dunno...my memory could just be playing tricks on me..

 

Not sure...I was under the impression we smashed the Giants both years, I know in 97 we 3-0d them, can't remember for 03 though.

I've never seen it, so I'll probably record it on my DVR.

 

I want to say it's available for viewing on MLB.com...but I'm not 100% sure if it's there...they either have that one or the final game of the 2003 WS (or both, but I know they have one of them).

 

What I want to watch is the infamous Cubs/Marlins game...I missed watching that one.

 

All the games in that series vs the Cubs were amazing, except maybe one or two blowouts. I also would love to watch the last two games vs the Giants. That last game of the NLDS was gold.

Wasn't there a game in that series where the Giants team popped the champagne early and then we made a comeback or something like that? I remember hearing the Giants doing that for some reason or another and I've been looking for that game, but I can't find it. Dunno...my memory could just be playing tricks on me..

 

Not sure...I was under the impression we smashed the Giants both years, I know in 97 we 3-0d them, can't remember for 03 though.

 

Yeah, I think it's just my memory being funny with me...I was pretty young and my memory from then is all sorts of FUBAR...trying to remember something specific is like trying to find a needle in a haystack

 

edit: yeah, probably wasn't 2k3 either...we lost the first one, but then won the last three...ahh...looking at that 2-0 score on the final game of the 2003 world series brings back fond memories though...

I've never seen it, so I'll probably record it on my DVR.

 

I want to say it's available for viewing on MLB.com...but I'm not 100% sure if it's there...they either have that one or the final game of the 2003 WS (or both, but I know they have one of them).

 

What I want to watch is the infamous Cubs/Marlins game...I missed watching that one.

 

All the games in that series vs the Cubs were amazing, except maybe one or two blowouts. I also would love to watch the last two games vs the Giants. That last game of the NLDS was gold.

Wasn't there a game in that series where the Giants team popped the champagne early and then we made a comeback or something like that? I remember hearing the Giants doing that for some reason or another and I've been looking for that game, but I can't find it. Dunno...my memory could just be playing tricks on me..

 

Not sure...I was under the impression we smashed the Giants both years, I know in 97 we 3-0d them, can't remember for 03 though.

We beat them 3-1 in 2003, but won a game in extras that we were losing (courtesy of Jose Cruz Jr and Pudge), and the 4th game was insane, so the series was very close, it could've gone either way.

  • 1 month later...

what great memories...i forgot about the thome double-play ball in the 11th. also the charles johnson play to keep the game alive in the 9th...livan warming up in the 11th after throwing 140 pitches in game 5...i forgot all those moments. i hate how they skip around innings though, seriously...just play the video start to finish, nobody's watching this but a few marlins fans. show the whole thing!

i hate how they skip around innings though, seriously...just play the video start to finish

 

Seriously. They didn't even show Livan's "I luff you Mayamee!" moment.

Great memories watching that, I still get chills with that ending.

I seriously don't remember them hammering at Huzienga about selling the team right after they won the series. Looking back I still think Alou should have been MVP. Still it was a great trip down memory lane.

I remember the next day at school that's all we talked about the whole day. Everyone was wearing their Marlins gear and I remember some kid was even wearing a teal batting helmet. And of course, a few days later... Poof! Bye bye world champions, hello minor leaguers.

I've never seen it, so I'll probably record it on my DVR.

 

I want to say it's available for viewing on MLB.com...but I'm not 100% sure if it's there...they either have that one or the final game of the 2003 WS (or both, but I know they have one of them).

 

What I want to watch is the infamous Cubs/Marlins game...I missed watching that one.

 

 

You can buy the Cubs/Marlins game with Bartman from itunes. Thats actually what I did with the Bartman game, 1997 WS game 7, and 2003 WS game 6.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.