Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott Olsen wishes he was with Florida

Featured Replies

  • Author

Olsen looks really weird in that Nationals uniform

 

Whats weird to me is that his hat isn't dripping wet. But in a confessional, I think its a good thing, right?

i hope it wasent one of the national's people who took that picture, it's just wrong :lol :lol :lol

If he does pitch Opening Day, or I guess just whenever he pitches at DS this year, I hope he gets a warm reception, along with Willingham, although hopefully they dont play too well!

If he does pitch Opening Day, or I guess just whenever he pitches at DS this year, I hope he gets a warm reception, along with Willingham, although hopefully they dont play too well!

I think they will, former players have always been treated well down here.

former players have always been treated well down here.

 

I beg to differ. I remember a few times when Conine made a return back with the Reds and Mets, he hardly got anything. Maybe a few smatterings of applause here and there, but nothing serious. You would think with him being Mr. Marlin, he would get a huge standing ovation, but that was hardly the case. The same can be said for a bunch of other players, too. Juan Pierre, Derrek Lee, etc. hardly get anything when they come back.

What is the context of the photo?

 

Thanking the Lord for finally being an Opening Day ace (well he probs will be) before confessing his sins of secretly booting last years "ace" Odalis Perez off the team......

former players have always been treated well down here.

 

I beg to differ. I remember a few times when Conine made a return back with the Reds and Mets, he hardly got anything. Maybe a few smatterings of applause here and there, but nothing serious. You would think with him being Mr. Marlin, he would get a huge standing ovation, but that was hardly the case. The same can be said for a bunch of other players, too. Juan Pierre, Derrek Lee, etc. hardly get anything when they come back.

 

Thats not true. I remember for certain that at the games I attended when Conine, Derek Lee and Luis Castillo came back, all of them got standing ovations and tipped there cap to the fans. I want to same the same for Lowell also? I dont remember if it was him.

  • Author

What is the context of the photo?

 

Its just normal beggining of the season photos for the nationals, alot of em are like that. Press Photos, and probably scoreboard photos.

former players have always been treated well down here.

 

I beg to differ. I remember a few times when Conine made a return back with the Reds and Mets, he hardly got anything. Maybe a few smatterings of applause here and there, but nothing serious. You would think with him being Mr. Marlin, he would get a huge standing ovation, but that was hardly the case. The same can be said for a bunch of other players, too. Juan Pierre, Derrek Lee, etc. hardly get anything when they come back.

 

Dude when there are only 500 people in the stands they can't make a lot of noise in a 75,000 seats stadium :rolleyes:

Olsen looks really weird in that Nationals uniform

 

 

at least its not a marlins uniform

Olsen looks really weird in that Nationals uniform

 

 

at least its not a marlins uniform

 

I don't know why you'd say that, considering he's a pretty vocal guy in the clubhouse and his performance last year was pretty strong in teal... I'd love to have him in our rotation this year instead of Anibal, who should have a big question mark on his hat instead of a Marlin.

Olsen looks really weird in that Nationals uniform

 

 

at least its not a marlins uniform

 

I don't know why you'd say that, considering he's a pretty vocal guy in the clubhouse and his performance last year was pretty strong in teal... I'd love to have him in our rotation this year instead of Anibal, who should have a big question mark on his hat instead of a Marlin.

his hot attitute was not worth the drop he has had. since he got brought up he has lost velocity on his fastball greatly. he is not the picture he was just the attitude.

id rather see anibal.

Olsen looks really weird in that Nationals uniform

 

 

at least its not a marlins uniform

 

I don't know why you'd say that, considering he's a pretty vocal guy in the clubhouse and his performance last year was pretty strong in teal... I'd love to have him in our rotation this year instead of Anibal, who should have a big question mark on his hat instead of a Marlin.

his hot attitute was not worth the drop he has had. since he got brought up he has lost velocity on his fastball greatly. he is not the picture he was just the attitude.

id rather see anibal.

I don't remember him having any attitude problems last year and the way he re-worked his entire delivery in one offseason then had a pretty decent year was pretty impressive. If the Nationals weren't the Nationals (although I think they'll be better this year), I'd consider him a lock for at least ten wins. Not sure you can say the same for Anibal.

Olsen looks really weird in that Nationals uniform

 

 

at least its not a marlins uniform

 

I don't know why you'd say that, considering he's a pretty vocal guy in the clubhouse and his performance last year was pretty strong in teal... I'd love to have him in our rotation this year instead of Anibal, who should have a big question mark on his hat instead of a Marlin.

his hot attitute was not worth the drop he has had. since he got brought up he has lost velocity on his fastball greatly. he is not the picture he was just the attitude.

id rather see anibal.

I don't remember him having any attitude problems last year and the way he re-worked his entire delivery in one offseason then had a pretty decent year was pretty impressive. If the Nationals weren't the Nationals (although I think they'll be better this year), I'd consider him a lock for at least ten wins. Not sure you can say the same for Anibal.

 

anibal has shown he can be consident for a year

olsen has not.

Anibal's "consistent" year was all over 18 appearances. Let's not get carried away here.

 

Exactly. I don't know why everyone is holding out for Anibal to be this amazing player he was for all of half a season in 2006. He hasn't shown one sign of being the same player since. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him go out and post 15 wins and an ERA under 3.00, but I just don't see him ever touching that kind of success again.

 

I'm personally more excited for Sean West's big league debut if and when Anibal either goes down with another arm injury, or performs terribly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.