Just another reason to dislike A-rod now

Clueless. I was born in the US. I'm a first generation American raised by Dominican parents. I moved to the DR when I was twelve and returned when I was 19. If I were in AROD's shoes, I would have picked the DR to play for too.

Baseball means so much more to Dominicans than to Americans. I don't expect you to understand. But I played baseball more in the DR than I ever did here b/c it is what we did there. I am sure it is what AROD did to. So I understand and could care less if you do.

Look at the American team. It could be so much stronger if the American players cared. Only a handful do. Notice that the Dominicans are stepping over each other to play. That is the difference. You don't understand. Playing for the DR brings a lot more pride and emotion b/c of what baseball means to us. Americans always have football as their first love. So if you don't like it, live w/ it. Like it or not Arod made the right decision.

You just can't stand the fact that he is not playing for you. I hope you feel the same way about all the other American players that chose not to play in the Classic b/c of their indifference to it.

No...A-Rod is just an attention whore.

Perhaps he shouldn't have played for the United States the first time, if he truly felt the way you feel / the way Dominicans feel. :rolleyes:

And yes, I am Hispanic before you comeback with that nonsense.

Sometimes I feel bad for the guy, but he does so much stupid sh*t and says so much nonsense to the media that's unnecessary, I often feel he craves the attention.

You're Cuban, you don't count. You couldn't play for the Cuban team if you wanted to. Hell, most Cuban's dislike the National team because they see it as Fidel's team.

Sorry. I was unaware. :whistle

Now you know. Also, you bolded part and didn't bold the reason you don't count. More joke than anything, but is somewhat true.

Actually, it's 100% true, Rab.

If you're a Cuban (and not a communist, of course), you're rooting against the Cuban team. My family is rooting against them.

So yeah, understandable.

I don't have a problem with ARod playing for the DR...just the fact that he changed countries. If you're gonna play for the DR, play for the DR. Don't create a whole controversy about it (which ARod did do the first time, when he decided to play for the US).

I don't have a problem with ARod playing for the DR...just the fact that he changed countries. If you're gonna play for the DR, play for the DR. Don't create a whole controversy about it (which ARod did do the first time, when he decided to play for the US).

I agree with this statement in a number that can't be quantified-percent

I agree with this statement in a number that can't be quantified-percent

He agrees with you i%.

This thread perfectly illustrates why the United States' liberal immigration policies are destroying this country. Too many first, second or even third generation immigrants who don't really want to be Americans, but yet have no problem living off the fat of the land.

"But you don't understand, I'm Dominican."

No, I understand completely. I just wish you'd go back and live in the Dominican and stop turning my country into a multicultural boarding house, where the only culture and heritage that matters are the ones brought in here from the outside.

And take A-Rod with you.

This thread perfectly illustrates why the United States' liberal immigration policies are destroying this country. Too many first, second or even third generation immigrants who don't really want to be Americans, but yet have no problem living off the fat of the land.

"But you don't understand, I'm Dominican."

No, I understand completely. I just wish you'd go back and live in the Dominican and stop turning my country into a multicultural boarding house, where the only culture and heritage that matters are the ones brought in here from the outside.

And take A-Rod with you.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I assume you're a Native-American?

• 2 weeks later...