Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What major changes does this team need?

Featured Replies

do we change manger or coaching staff if this donot stop soon i think we lost feeling how to win pitch feel their cannot win so what need to be done ???

I'm gonna say the thing that nobody else will: change the GM. He's the one who wanted the team this way.

This team needs to earn their spot on the team... send some guys down, bring some random dudes up. It's not like it will hurt because we are already losing.

To win.

 

Nothing is left to be changed. We have called up many minor leaguers and sent guys down. This is our team. We have to deal with it and hope things turn around.

  • Author

To win.

 

Nothing is left to be changed. We have called up many minor leaguers and sent guys down. This is our team. We have to deal with it and hope things turn around.

 

i seen alot team go through this and manger loss it job he the one need pump in their head we can win games the way he talk it like their won

1st of it would help Soooooooo much if everyone was healthy!

 

Next we need some bullpen help and finally to find that final OFer that can play solid both ways we can keep Cody and Hermida as is, but we need Maybin, Coghlan, De Aza, Amezega who ever they need to step and play solid ball.

 

With everyone being healthy we could go back to the rotation of

 

Nolasco, JJ, Volstad, Miller, Anibal with RVH as a spot starter/reliver along with Nunez, Meyer, Proctor, Pinto(meh), Penn, Callero and Lindstrom.

 

You can add a choice of Carlos/Cristhian Martinez, Badenhop or who ever else as a long reliver.

 

Then obviously you want everyone on the top of there game playing solid ball and if we had that we could use the lineup of

 

Bonifacio

Baker

Hanley

Cantu

Hermida

Uggla

Cody

Maybin

 

or a combination of thoose players to perfection to make a winning team.

 

It seems that we can't have more then one offensive player on a hot streak at one time and even though our offense is hot then our pitching sucks and vise versa with the offense being dead and the Pitching being lights out.

 

Basically we need a more consitant/healthy team if we want to make the playoffs.

For now, I say we we try to setup our lineup to look as similar as last year's when offense wasn't much of a problem.

 

 

 

well Mike Jacobs is gone, so :( to that, I've gotta think of maybe a lineup that could resemble last year

 

SS Hanley Ramirez

C John Baker

1B Jorge Cantu

2B Dan Uggla (ride the hot bat)

RF Cody Ross (again, ride the hot bat)

LF Jeremy Hermida

3B Chris Coghlan

CF ???? (we only have 2 OFers on the current roster :( , maybe De Aza gets called up again, maybe a John Raynor or Scott Cousins)

Pitcher

 

 

best lineup I could come up wtih for the current team.

Part of the problem is that it always seems like 2-3 players are all cold at the same time, and they just change every once in awhile. Since those first 12 games, the offense has never been consistently hot. They really aren't scoring enough runs for an inexperienced bullpen and rotation like ours to win enough games.

For now, I say we we try to setup our lineup to look as similar as last year's when offense wasn't much of a problem.

 

 

 

well Mike Jacobs is gone, so to that, I've gotta think of maybe a lineup that could resemble last year

 

SS Hanley Ramirez

C John Baker

1B Jorge Cantu

2B Dan Uggla (ride the hot bat)

RF Cody Ross (again, ride the hot bat)

LF Jeremy Hermida

3B Chris Coghlan

CF ???? (we only have 2 OFers on the current roster , maybe De Aza gets called up again, maybe a John Raynor or Scott Cousins)

Pitcher

 

 

best lineup I could come up wtih for the current team.

 

Right now i like this idea but you kind of stick a struggling Coghlan in there which leaves him for dead.

 

Hanley SS

Baker C

Cantu 1B

Uggla 2B

Cody OF

Hermida OF

Bonifacio 3B

Coghlan/De Aza/Maybin OF

 

I really miss the Maybin of 2008 right now :(

I'm finally admitting that Bonifacio is a miss. He strikes out like 7 times more than he walks, he rarely hits, and is just nearly most of the time an automatic out. By taking Boni to the bench, you enable Coghlan to play a position he has played a lot more at 3rd base, and gets that noodle arm out of LF.

I'm finally admitting that Bonifacio is a miss. He strikes out like 7 times more than he walks, he rarely hits, and is just nearly most of the time an automatic out. By taking Boni to the bench, you enable Coghlan to play a position he has played a lot more at 3rd base, and gets that noodle arm out of LF.

 

 

Even though Bonifacio getting on base more than Coghlan right now?

I'm finally admitting that Bonifacio is a miss. He strikes out like 7 times more than he walks, he rarely hits, and is just nearly most of the time an automatic out. By taking Boni to the bench, you enable Coghlan to play a position he has played a lot more at 3rd base, and gets that noodle arm out of LF.

 

 

Even though Bonifacio getting on base more than Coghlan right now?

 

 

I understand this, Boni is getting some nice line drives lately. But after that 1 good line drive always comes 3 back to back to back K's. I'm not high on Coghlan, but it seems like he has a future on the club, and he seems like more of a pure hitter for this team. I was asked the question of what lineup could we put to get back to our slugging ways last season, and Boni doesn't add any of that. I just can't think that Boni's slap shot hitting will survive an entire season, and if we have to put De Aza in the lineup for a little bit with the lack of OF depth currently, then we can't have 2 slap hitters in the lineup at the same time.

I know everyone is upset with the result tonight, but fact is, we need more of what we saw tonight.

 

By that, I mean, we need starters getting deep into games. The bullpen is already fatigued. However, I think our bullpen has shown that it can be more than solid. They are just tired.

 

Don't forget, Martinez (who blew the game tonight) was an emergency callup just because of that. Even he looked good...he just so happened to make 1 mistake, and when you're on a losing skid, as we are, sh*t happens.

 

I'll trade tonight's loss, if it means that we will see an Andrew Miller similar to the one we saw tonight. Hopefully, Nolasco follows this up with a similar start, tomorrow.

 

As for the offense, there are some positive signs. As Fredi said, the offense was pretty solid in this series. Sure, they still have a lot of work to do, but as long as there are reasons to be optimistic. Uggla showed signs with his 3 HR's, Cody is hitting the ball better (although a hit last night in the clutch would've been nice...meh, whatever).

 

Also as hard as I've been on Bonifacio(ut), I'm going to agree with the supporters now in saying that he is, at least, showing SOME improvement. He seems to be bunting better...anyone notice?

guys I think it's time to admit we're just not that good of a team. We just lost 3 of 4 to the last place dbacks at home. We're 8-22 since the 11-1 start (6 wins against the nats). Our situational hitting is abysmal. Our defense is still subpar. Our starting pitching is bleh (besides JJ and volstad). Our bullpen has overachieved and the fatigue is now showing. Our manager has not made the best choices more than a few times. It all adds up to a below mediocre team, unfortunately, which is really showing itself in multiple facets. I really hope we can turn this around, but at this point I just don't see it happening.

I know everyone is upset with the result tonight, but fact is, we need more of what we saw tonight.

 

By that, I mean, we need starters getting deep into games. The bullpen is already fatigued. However, I think our bullpen has shown that it can be more than solid. They are just tired.

 

Don't forget, Martinez (who blew the game tonight) was an emergency callup just because of that. Even he looked good...he just so happened to make 1 mistake, and when you're on a losing skid, as we are, sh*t happens.

 

I'll trade tonight's loss, if it means that we will see an Andrew Miller similar to the one we saw tonight. Hopefully, Nolasco follows this up with a similar start, tomorrow.

 

As for the offense, there are some positive signs. As Fredi said, the offense was pretty solid in this series. Sure, they still have a lot of work to do, but as long as there are reasons to be optimistic. Uggla showed signs with his 3 HR's, Cody is hitting the ball better (although a hit last night in the clutch would've been nice...meh, whatever).

 

Also as hard as I've been on Bonifacio(ut), I'm going to agree with the supporters now in saying that he is, at least, showing SOME improvement. He seems to be bunting better...anyone notice?

 

 

 

 

We saw 16 strikeouts tonight, more abysmal situational hitting, only 3 runs against a last place team in our stadium, and a bad outing by a call-up in the pen who is only in there because of the unacceptable situational hitting the previous night. Do you really want to see more of this?

...and a bad outing by a call-up in the pen who is only in there because of the unacceptable situational hitting the previous night.

 

Yes, that's why our pen was stretched tonight, because of bad hitting. Not because our starters can barely go 5 innings. Not because they lead the league in innings pitched and appearances. Not because of a double header where our pitchers gave up a total of 17 runs. Not because we used all 8 relievers (if you count Penn) yesterday before ever reaching the extra inning at-bats you blame.

 

Nope, it's because our hitters couldn't get an 16th run in the 17th inning of play.

I know everyone is upset with the result tonight, but fact is, we need more of what we saw tonight.

 

By that, I mean, we need starters getting deep into games. The bullpen is already fatigued. However, I think our bullpen has shown that it can be more than solid. They are just tired.

 

Don't forget, Martinez (who blew the game tonight) was an emergency callup just because of that. Even he looked good...he just so happened to make 1 mistake, and when you're on a losing skid, as we are, sh*t happens.

 

I'll trade tonight's loss, if it means that we will see an Andrew Miller similar to the one we saw tonight. Hopefully, Nolasco follows this up with a similar start, tomorrow.

 

As for the offense, there are some positive signs. As Fredi said, the offense was pretty solid in this series. Sure, they still have a lot of work to do, but as long as there are reasons to be optimistic. Uggla showed signs with his 3 HR's, Cody is hitting the ball better (although a hit last night in the clutch would've been nice...meh, whatever).

 

Also as hard as I've been on Bonifacio(ut), I'm going to agree with the supporters now in saying that he is, at least, showing SOME improvement. He seems to be bunting better...anyone notice?

 

 

 

 

He has been having better ABs lately and hopefully he can continue to find ways to get on base.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.