Minor league watch

fanfish

There are four minor league players that I'm anxiously waiting to see in the big league club.

1. Gaby Sanchez at 1B....Late this season? Cantu will probably move back to 3B until Matt Dominguez is ready.

2. Michael Stanton RF...Maybe in 2010 or 2011 Everyone believes he is a truly special player.

3. Logan Morrison LF....He will switch from 1B to LF at AA Jacksonville after coming back from the DL.

4. Cameron Maybin CF.....Not ready yet. Batting only .278 at AAA New Orleans, but he'll improve.

In a few of short years we will have a pretty darn good team with these young guys coming up.

Potential batting order in the not too distant future:

1. Maybin CF (or de Aza, or Ross, but Ross wouldn't lead off)

2. Coghlan 2B

3. Hanley SS

4. Cantu 3B

5. Gaby Sanchez 1B 2009 season in AAA: AVG.345 OBP.414 SLG.517 OPS.931

6. Morrison LF 2008 season in AA: .332 .402 .494 .896

7. Stanton RF 2009 season in A: .294 .390 .578 .968

8. Baker C

As far as starting pitching goes:(choose 5)

1. Johnson

2. Volstad

3. Nolasco

4. Miller

5. West

6. Thompson

7. Sanchez?

Add to this list the players we'll get in trades for Uggla, Hermida, Ross and others. By the time we move to the new stadium in 2012, we'll know what voids would need to be filled by top notch free agents that the club will be able to afford then.

I'm excited about the future of the Marlins!

why would you have stanton batting 7? I can see him being a dominant number 4 hitter.

You may be right. At this time I have no way of knowing which player will end up batting where. My point is that we will have players the caliber of Stanton, Morrison and Sanchez contributing to form a powerful line up.

Have I mentioned I would love to see the A ball affiliate move back to the Midwest League? Hitters paradise of the SALLY league to the hitters hell that is the FSL is hard on a players progression IMO. Maybe shuffle both, move to the Midwest from the SALLY and to the Carolina League from the FSL.