Huge Crowds for the Yankees Series?

The Marlins said they will open up as many as 60,000 seats for games in next weekend's Yankees series (22,000 more than usual). Most of the lower bowl is sold out, and the cheapest seats (usually $12) are $25 (in advance) or $30 (game day).

http://www.miamihera...ry/1096122.html

I only started following baseball and the Marlins in 2006 so the biggest crowd I have seen is probably around 45,000 at Landshark/Dolphin Stadium. It would be a welcome sight to see a crowd in excess of 50,000 next weekend, and quite frankly, a strange sight.

God, the parking is going to be horrendous. Since I won't be showing up 4 hours early, I will get stuck in one of the overflow lots and have to hike to the stadium surrounded by Bandwagon Yankee fans. Gonna rock my "Certified Yankee Hater" shirt under my Josh Beckett jersey though. Should be a good time watching 80% of the crowd leave in the 7th when the Fish put a thumping on them.

I'm not sure if he is due to pitch but I would literally blow my load if Cody hit a homer off CC Sabathia lol

Marlins-Yankees probables: Friday: Andy Pettitte vs. Sean West; Saturday: AJ Burnett vs. Josh Johnson; Sunday: CC Sabathia vs. Chris Volstad

Ross vs. current NYYankee pitchers:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=5404&teamId=10

Great news we got a Yankee Killer.

I have my tickets for saturday's game. it's going to be pretty hectic. I'm really happy though that I am going with my dad because he will be the one driving. whenever I go to games with friends I am always the driver. I would hate to drive in that crowded parking lot.

Forget the parking, getting on the turnpike is going to be a nightmare. I have no idea why people find that so confusing. They should open up the gates and not be charging the toll which should help a bit. But that many beer addled NYers "showing" us locals how to drive in heavy traffic.....

Guess I'm not drinking on my birthday this year.

I usually come down for about 4-5 games a year. I decided though I would rather come down for a less popular series than this one. I go to see my Fish play and not the team they are playing. I despise NY Fans of both teams. I would rather attened when my ticket purchase makes a little more of an attendence difference, it is easier to park, and the beer / bathroom lines are short and sweet. Just my take on this series. But to all my Black and Teal Breathen going this weekend. Represent us well and Go Marlins!