July 12, 200917 yr Matt Lindstrom, RP FLA News: The Palm Beach Post reports that Marlins closer Matt Lindstrom (elbow) won't be back until sometime in August.
July 12, 200917 yr Matt Lindstrom, RP FLA News: The Palm Beach Post reports that Marlins closer Matt Lindstrom (elbow) won't be back until sometime in August. Do we REALLY need him back?
July 12, 200917 yr Author Matt Lindstrom, RP FLA News: The Palm Beach Post reports that Marlins closer Matt Lindstrom (elbow) won't be back until sometime in August. Do we REALLY need him back? Is that a serious question?
July 12, 200917 yr Matt Lindstrom, RP FLA News: The Palm Beach Post reports that Marlins closer Matt Lindstrom (elbow) won't be back until sometime in August. Do we REALLY need him back? Is that a serious question? You want lindstrom back?
July 12, 200917 yr Matt Lindstrom, RP FLA News: The Palm Beach Post reports that Marlins closer Matt Lindstrom (elbow) won't be back until sometime in August. Do we REALLY need him back? Is that a serious question? You want lindstrom back? yes
July 12, 200917 yr A healthy Lindstrom has been one of the best relievers on this team for the last few years, so a healthy Lindstrom would be a HUGE boost to the relief pitching. Is he like Amezaga and Dice-K a victim of the WBC?
July 12, 200917 yr A healthy Lindstrom has been one of the best relievers on this team for the last few years, so a healthy Lindstrom would be a HUGE boost to the relief pitching. Is he like Amezaga and Dice-K a victim of the WBC? I will still have my eye on him.
July 12, 200917 yr This is a great example of the front office knowing so much more than we do here especially in light of Joe Frisaro's recent comments that we were questioning what they meant just last night and this morning. It certainly puts Ayala, Donnelly and Williamson signings in perspective, especially the latter who hadn't pitched since 2007.
July 13, 200917 yr Meh, he'd make a good middle reliever but I really hope he doesn't close - at least not until he can prove himself.
July 13, 200917 yr Lindstrom has given up 21 earned runs this year. Below are Lindstrom's worst three appearances. 4/24 - 7ER 5/23 - 4ER 6/23 - 3ER Total: 14 ER Lindstrom pitched in 32 games this year. He has given up two-thirds of this total earned runs in 3 of the 32 games he played in. So, I'll take that for what it is. He shouldn't go back to closing right away, but if Meyer/Nunez can't get it done and he has done well, then he should step in.
July 13, 200917 yr Lindstrom has given up 21 earned runs this year. Below are Lindstrom's worst three appearances. 4/24 - 7ER 5/23 - 4ER 6/23 - 3ER Total: 14 ER Lindstrom pitched in 32 games this year. He has given up two-thirds of this total earned runs in 3 of the 32 games he played in. So, I'll take that for what it is. He shouldn't go back to closing right away, but if Meyer/Nunez can't get it done and he has done well, then he should step in. Pretty Good Post and I agree. I wouldn't immediatly put him back in the closer role if Meyer/Nunez show they can get it done.
July 13, 200917 yr It's funny...if Ayala does well, I don't know who I'd get rid of to clear a roster spot for him.
July 13, 200917 yr It's funny...if Ayala does well, I don't know who I'd get rid of to clear a roster spot for him. Unless he does really well then my choice would be Donelley or if he loses it again then Pinto.
July 13, 200917 yr Id go with Brian Sanches if thats the case. I just dont trust him and he cant get out of an inning with inherited runners on when he comes in.
July 13, 200917 yr I would carry an extra reliever. If of course, all the guys in our bullpen do well and none of them deserve to go down.
July 13, 200917 yr I would carry an extra reliever. If of course, all the guys in our bullpen do well and none of them deserve to go down. I wouldn't in the NL, The AL however is a different story.
July 13, 200917 yr 4/24 - 7ER 5/23 - 4ER 6/23 - 3ER Man, if he returns, we really need to stop using him on the 23rd and 24th of each month...
July 14, 200917 yr 4/24 - 7ER 5/23 - 4ER 6/23 - 3ER Man, if he returns, we really need to stop using him on the 23rd and 24th of each month... Nice Analysis :shifty
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.