Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8/19 Post Game

Featured Replies

Marlins lose 3-6

 

Terrible tease at the end....

 

Just wasn't meant to be. Just gotta hope that JJ gives us another excellent start tomorrow.

 

Also, f*** Bourn.

 

Got 11 hits though...........

Coghlan deserves a hit for his last AB. Life's not fair. That was a great AB.

you couldnt possibly script a better way to hand another team the game on a night when you NEED TO f***ING WIN!!!!!

 

also i dont know what the hell the marlins see in sean west but hes not a very good pitcher at all and his stuff is extremely mediocre.

you couldnt possibly script a better way to hand another team the game on a night when you NEED TO f***ING WIN!!!!!

 

also i dont know what the hell the marlins see in sean west but hes not a very good pitcher at all and his stuff is extremely mediocre.

 

 

 

Really?

This pretty much sums up tonight's game

 

Yeah when Carlos Lee does that, you know you just can't win...

I really feel like the Marlins beat themselves tonight with so many LOB and weak defense. Frustrating, but ask me in 24 hours how I feel about this one. If we win tomorrow and someone else in the race loses, I'll feel much better. For now, I hate this game and Im going to sleep to get me to tomorrow quicker...

 

...oh crap, just remembered, meetings all day at work tomorrow. Just great, more time for me to sit in the back of the room and remember this pitiful game. /blah...

No Timely hitting.

That's it.

 

 

and, the most terrible thing is,

Phillies, Giants and Rox win tonight.

 

so, 5.5 game behind to Division race

3.0 game behind to Wild Card race

Coghlan deserves a hit for his last AB. Life's not fair. That was a great AB.

 

 

Agree

Michael Bourn needs to break his leg. There. I said it.

 

 

 

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I just wanted him to hit the wall head first.

Bourn/Lee crushed us today.

 

I have not seen such a bad luck in quite a long time.

you couldnt possibly script a better way to hand another team the game on a night when you NEED TO f***ING WIN!!!!!

 

also i dont know what the hell the marlins see in sean west but hes not a very good pitcher at all and his stuff is extremely mediocre.

 

 

 

Really?

 

yea really his fastball velocity is decent but his breaking picthes suck on top of the fact he cant even throw 60% of his pitches for strikes.

  • Author

And MEANINGLESS STREAK STILL ALIVE.

 

 

Meaningless, yet historic.

Frustrating/disappointing game. Way too many missed opportunities.

 

16 LOB? Terrible.

 

Why is Hanley swinging at the first pitch with men on?

 

 

This is a tough one. I have a hard time criticizing a top-5-type hitter in baseball. But yeah, and didn't he do that twice? I think you gotta have a little patience there, but again, I'm uneasy questioning such a beastly hitter.

And I'm sick of Fredi using Pinto in close games. I am not sure who to dislike more-- Pinto or Fredi for using him.

 

 

Both. Pinto needs to be reserved for games when we have a good lead and need to give real relievers a rest for the close games. Had Pinto not given up an unneeded extra 2 runs, a base hit by coghlan in that nailbiting 9th would've given us a lead.

  • Author

Frustrating/disappointing game. Way too many missed opportunities.

 

16 LOB? Terrible.

 

Why is Hanley swinging at the first pitch with men on?

 

 

This is a tough one. I have a hard time criticizing a top-5-type hitter in baseball. But yeah, and didn't he do that twice? I think you gotta have a little patience there, but again, I'm uneasy questioning such a beastly hitter.

 

Even the best have off nights.

you couldnt possibly script a better way to hand another team the game on a night when you NEED TO f***ING WIN!!!!!

 

also i dont know what the hell the marlins see in sean west but hes not a very good pitcher at all and his stuff is extremely mediocre.

 

 

 

Really?

 

yea really his fastball velocity is decent but his breaking picthes suck on top of the fact he cant even throw 60% of his pitches for strikes.

 

His fastball touched 94, tonight. And he has a good slider. You can't give up on a 23 year old lefty like that. He just doesn't belong in the big leagues right now, but we don't have another option, really (unless if you prefer VandenHurk...to be fair, I do prefer VandenHurk right now).

And I'm sick of Fredi using Pinto in close games. I am not sure who to dislike more-- Pinto or Fredi for using him.

 

 

Absolutely Fredi. Pinto is trying his best [we hope]. But Fredi is not putting his team and players in the best positions to succeed and win. Not to mention he left Dan Meyer on the shelf, who hadn't pitched since the 16th (same last appearance as Pinto).

And I'm sick of Fredi using Pinto in close games. I am not sure who to dislike more-- Pinto or Fredi for using him.

 

 

 

As I said in the gamethread, those are the first ER's Pinto has allowed this month...and he's already been used in 10 games. So if anything blame Fredi for using him so much, but Pinto is not as terrible a reliever as some make him out to be. He's just frustrating b/c of all the walks.

you couldnt possibly script a better way to hand another team the game on a night when you NEED TO f***ING WIN!!!!!

 

also i dont know what the hell the marlins see in sean west but hes not a very good pitcher at all and his stuff is extremely mediocre.

 

 

 

Really?

 

yea really his fastball velocity is decent but his breaking picthes suck on top of the fact he cant even throw 60% of his pitches for strikes.

 

His fastball touched 94, tonight. And he has a good slider. You can't give up on a 23 year old lefty like that. He just doesn't belong in the big leagues right now, but we don't have another option, really (unless if you prefer VandenHurk...to be fair, I do prefer VandenHurk right now).

 

i prefer hurk too if he can cut down on the home runs.

Frustrating/disappointing game. Way too many missed opportunities.

 

16 LOB? Terrible.

 

Why is Hanley swinging at the first pitch with men on?

 

 

This is a tough one. I have a hard time criticizing a top-5-type hitter in baseball. But yeah, and didn't he do that twice? I think you gotta have a little patience there, but again, I'm uneasy questioning such a beastly hitter.

Yeah, I believe he did it twice.

 

I'm all for being aggressive but... damn. Productive outs please.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.