Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phillies Acquire Roy Halladay

Featured Replies

Gotta feel bad for the Angels they lose out on Halladay and Lackey signs with the Red Sox. Halladay is going to have a dominate season moving to the NL.

f***. i wonder how he'll do in a pitchers park though. the mariners are getting cliff lee i would guess, they're making some good moves this offseason too. oh and by the way, the red sox signed john lackey. who was probably the best free agent pitcher

It's going to be pretty much impossible for the Phillies to lose the division at this point.

 

BTW, why would the Phillies trade Cliff Lee?? I don't get it.

It's going to be pretty much impossible for the Phillies to lose the division at this point.

 

BTW, why would the Phillies trade Cliff Lee?? I don't get it.

 

 

to get prospects from the mariners to send to toronto

Gotta feel bad for the Angels they lose out on Halladay and Lackey signs with the Red Sox. Halladay is going to have a dominate season moving to the NL.

 

 

they did get matsui. although i can't believe they wouldn't give lackey the same deal that the red sox gave him.

If the Phillies gave up Lee to get Halladay, are they really improving that much?? I mean, Halladay is better than Lee, but not by a whole lot. It's really not that much of an upgrade. Having said that, I still think the Phillies win the division, but I think they would have won it if they kept Lee as well.

Like Puma said, they don't improve that much. Halladay is better, but not that much better. Still, this move is a pretty big deal.

the difference is Halladay is signed long term, Lee was just for one more year

They're trading more than Lee...

 

 

but will it be anyone that has as big of an impact as Lee or even half the impact of Lee?

They're trading more than Lee...

 

 

but will it be anyone that has as big of an impact as Lee or even half the impact of Lee?

 

 

Well, Taylor is expected to go to the Blue Jays and he's one of their top prospects. My point is they're not trading just Lee.

the difference is Halladay is signed long term, Lee was just for one more year

 

 

 

Edit: never mind, I just read he signed a contract with them. My life gets worse and worse.

Well. This sucks. At least they don't have both Halladay and Lee, like I initially thought was being reported.....

Well. This sucks. At least they don't have both Halladay and Lee, like I initially thought was being reported.....

 

 

 

I was thinking the same thing. Came very close to breaking a door.

Why can't the Phillies be more like the Mets.. If they keep this going, it's going to be an uphill battle going into 2012, even if everything works out our way in terms of our prospects..

Well. This sucks. At least they don't have both Halladay and Lee, like I initially thought was being reported.....

 

 

 

I was thinking the same thing. Came very close to breaking a door.

 

Same here. I thought well we have zero shot at the Div. At least now with just Halladay I have some hope. Still though its gonna suck facing him the next few years.

So far it seems to be shaping up like this:

 

Phillies get -

 

From TOR: SP Roy Halladay plus he signs a three year $60+ million guaranteed contract (with possible vesting options for a 4th and 5th year)

From SEA: Two prospects

 

Seattle gets -

 

From PHI: SP Cliff Lee

 

Toronto gets-

 

From PHI: C Travis d'Arnaud and another prospect (possibly OF Michael Taylor)

From SEA: P Phillippe Aumont

Nothing is final yet. A lot of rumors floating about. Roy Halladay is in Philadelphia as I write this negotiating a longterm contract ahead of the trade. Supposedly he is willing to take less than his market value to sign with the bloody Phillies(!)

  • Author

Like Puma said, they don't improve that much. Halladay is better, but not that much better. Still, this move is a pretty big deal.

 

 

I think its safe to say Halladay is MUCH better than Lee

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.