5/12 post game

pollythewog

Fredi is garbage. I could probably coach this team better. I hate to say it, Hanley does not look good this year at all. He's not stealing bases, not running out ground balls, having crappy at bats, and, honestly, kind of has a smug aire to him him. I love Hanley, but he just look different this year.

Fredi is garbage. I could probably coach this team better. I hate to say it, Hanley does not look good this year at all. He's not stealing bases, not running out ground balls, having crappy at bats, and, honestly, kind of has a smug aire to him him. I love Hanley, but he just look different this year.

I think Hanley will turn it around...but his defense...yuck

Couldn't watch the game today, was at work. Can anyone give me a quick recap?

Volstad wasn't at his best but kept us in the game despite 3 terrible miscues by the terrible marlins infield. Paulino passed ball (called a wild pitch) cost the difference run. Fish couldnt do anything with people on base except for a clutch 2 rbi single from Paulino against a righty... Paulino's reward? He gets pulled for a struggling Baker who promptly strikes out. Fredi also decides that Coghlan, who is heating up and who's splits are dead even against LHP/RHP, needed to be taken out for Helms who promptly GIDP. Fish show some life in the 9th per usual, but Hanley gets caught looking on strike 3 right down the middle.

Volstad wasn't at his best but kept us in the game despite 3 terrible miscues by the terrible marlins infield. Paulino passed ball (called a wild pitch) cost the difference run. Fish couldnt do anything with people on base except for a clutch 2 rbi single from Paulino against a righty... Paulino's reward? He gets pulled for a struggling Baker who promptly strikes out. Fredi also decides that Coghlan, who is heating up and who's splits are dead even against LHP/RHP, needed to be taken out for Helms who promptly GIDP. Fish show some life in the 9th per usual, but Hanley gets caught looking on strike 3 right down the middle.

I know Wes and Baker had a better BA against the pitchers they faced or some crap, but Coghlan and Paulino should have stayed in. Barden pitch hitting worked though. Hanley strukc out looking...swing the damn bat. You don't get paid to strike out looking.

Baffling managerial moves today.

Baker for Paulino, who right now crushes anything that is thrown at him... righty, lefty, up, down and in between... doesn't matter.

And as someone noted Wes for Coghlan? WTF?

Hanley Hanley... I know he can't always be the hero but watching strike 3 go by with the game on the line? Jees

Thanks, sounds like a frustrating game, like many we have had lately.

Hanley K's once and now he doesn't wanna be a Marlin anymore. You guys aren't overreacting or anything.

The guy is still producing like one of the best SS's in the game. He got off to a slow start in April, and is back to his amazing-self in May with a 1.092 .OPS, entering today's game. Today he gets 2 solid hits, and was robbed of a 3rd in the 1st inning.

Lets ignore this, though. He failed once in a sport where a good hitter fails 6-7 times out of 10. Not to mention he didn't K against some bum; he K'd against Marmol who is known for that, and now has 33 K's in 16 innings (that's over 2 K's per inning, for those counting).

But yeah, he just doesn't wanna be here anymore...

Hanley K's once and now he doesn't wanna be a Marlin anymore. You guys aren't overreacting or anything.

The guy is still producing like one of the best SS's in the game. He got off to a slow start in April, and is back to his amazing-self in May with a 1.092 .OPS, entering today's game. Today he gets 2 solid hits, and was robbed of a 3rd in the 1st inning.

Lets ignore this, though. He failed once in a sport where a good hitter fails 6-7 times out of 10. Not to mention he didn't K against some bum; he K'd against Marmol who is known for that, and now has 33 K's in 16 innings (that's over 2 K's per inning, for those counting).

I forgot to say at least the Marlins took the series two games to three, espy after that horrid series loss to those AAA Nats.

I forgot to say at least the Marlins took the series two games to three, espy after that horrid series loss to those AAA Nats.

The Nats actually have a decent team this year.

Don't be ridiculous, all I'm saying is he doesn't look like he's giving it his all, and that says something to his talent considering he's still leading most SS in several offensive categories.

Have we won more than 2 games in row yet this season? I think we have, at least once, when we won the first game of a series for the first time. I think we, both the team and its fans, need a winning streak of at least 5 games to build confidence for this season. Otherwise, we are just fluctuating and not gaining any real momentum.

The Nats actually have a decent team this year.

Yes, but MLB forced Montreal to move to D.C, and I still hate MLB for that, so I diss the Nats.

Pirates = AAA team

Baltimore = Single A team.

Seriously, I feel sorry for Toronto and Baltimore...being stuck in the AL East...was bad enough with the money spending Yankees and Redsox, but now Tampa Bay has been good for three years in a row.

Back to the topic, Marlins need to get on a winning streak past two or three games sooner than later. 16-18...is just so so-so.

I'd rather see Hanley go down swinging to end a game than just stand there taking strike 3... just felt like a let down after Barden and Gaby singled

Nats are not a AAA team anymore, they spent money on free agents and improved themselves...they are in 2nd, we are tied for last... nuff said

I'd rather see Hanley go down swinging to end a game than just stand there taking strike 3... just felt like a let down after Barden and Gaby singled

Nats are not a AAA team anymore, they spent money on free agents and improved themselves...they are in 2nd, we are tied for last... nuff said

I hope the Nats aren't the 2008 Tampa Bay Rays. Because Philly and Mets are good and Braves I don't see finishing in last place with it being Bobby's last year managing them. Marlins are gonna have a tough road ahead. Need to win the Mets series, prefer to sweep them.

Sincerely doubt that, what even qualifies you to make that statement? Also Hanley started slow and has been hitting well as of late, he's not stealing bases because thats not his job anymore as the third hitter. If he did steal a base and go in head first as he's prone to do and dislocate a shoulder would that really help the team? Finally the smugness was there last year too! Thats why Uggla and Ross said what they did to him.

Sincerely doubt that, what even qualifies you to make that statement? Also Hanley started slow and has been hitting well as of late, he's not stealing bases because thats not his job anymore as the third hitter. If he did steal a base and go in head first as he's prone to do and dislocate a shoulder would that really help the team? Finally the smugness was there last year too! Thats why Uggla and Ross said what they did to him.

Anybody with any kind of knowledge about baseball can probably outcoach Fredi. So yea, it's likely.

I'm just sad that we didn't sweep, I want to see a sweep because right now... I can't stop thinking about 2005 and how we didn't sweep anyone until the very last series of the year. That team never got on a roll of being hot and this 2010 team is going to need to do that if they're going to contend.

Baker isn't having good ABs at all, he looked clueless last night and I was disappointed that he replaced Paulino, who had driven in 2 runs in this game off a righty already.

I was also disappointed to see Helms pinch hit for Coghlan, but that one made a little more sense. I still don't think it should've happened.

I thought Volstad looked okay, he annoyed me early in the game by going 0-2 on Lee and Soriano and then throwing them hittable pitches. He should've been extending the strike zone and putting a curveball in the dirt. Of course, Paulino probably wouldn't have been able to handle that as he couldn't stop one later in the game that was incorrectly scored as a wild pitch.

On that same above note, the defense didn't look good at all today and didn't help Volstad much at all. If I was a young groundball pitcher with that defense behind me, I don't know how confident I would feel. Volstad can come out and support his team mates all he wants, but I doubt he really feels comfortable with them out there. He probably just breathes a sigh of relief everytime they record an out without fudging up.

With the way we have been playing I'm just happy we took 2 out of 3. This team needs some sort of jolt, whether it be a super prospect coming up, new manager, or whatever else you can think of.

Amen to that. Taking those two games were like a gift. Our offensive output (eventhough we had 10+ hits tonight) is attrocious. Hopefully, Fredi can put up a nice lineup and our players can start having some nice streaks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.