Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

First game's "First Pitch"

Featured Replies

In your guys opinion, who should throw out the first pitch in the new stadium?

 

I'd say Mr. Conine, or someone else who was insanely important in Marlins history. :)

 

 

... Or Norman Braman. :o ... As a joke of course.

In your guys opinion, who should throw out the first pitch in the new stadium?

 

I'd say Mr. Conine, or someone else who was insanely important in Marlins history. :)

 

 

... Or Norman Braman. :o ... As a joke of course.

 

 

 

Jeff Conine for sure! :lol

Wouldn't it probably be Loria or Samson? I'd imagine the crowd's reaction would mirror the success the team had the previous season or if something changed during the offseason

Jamie Moyer

 

Troll. The Braves stole the chop from the 'Noles.

 

And yeah, Conine. Then we retire his number. If not him, George Burgess.

Jamie Moyer

 

Troll. The Braves stole the chop from the 'Noles.

 

Thats relevant to the topic.

Jamie Moyer

 

Troll. The Braves stole the chop from the 'Noles.

 

Thats relevant to the topic.

So was Jamie Moyer.

 

No it wasn't, Moyer was my suggestion.

Should be a group pitch. I'd like to see Loria, Samson, Selig, and a couple of the city officials who really got this done.

 

 

Best idea I've heard yet. But instead of city officials, maybe 9er and Uncle Charlie. Hough would be "bridging the gap", so to speak.

 

Another really good idea would be a close relative of Carl Barger.

Jamie Moyer

 

Troll. The Braves stole the chop from the 'Noles.

They both stole it from the Cleveland Indians. (I assume so since the Indians have been around longer than the (Atlanta)Braves and 'Noles)

Jamie Moyer

 

Troll. The Braves stole the chop from the 'Noles.

They both stole it from the Cleveland Indians. (I assume so since the Indians have been around longer than the (Atlanta)Braves and 'Noles)

The Indians don't do the chop. That's a Seminole thing and it followed Primetime to the Braves.

Should be a group pitch. I'd like to see Loria, Samson, Selig, and a couple of the city officials who really got this done.

 

 

Best idea I've heard yet. But instead of city officials, maybe 9er and Uncle Charlie. Hough would be "bridging the gap", so to speak.

 

Another really good idea would be a close relative of Carl Barger.

 

True considering those city officials are no longer.

 

Not knowing the political scene in Miami-Dade, I would have to wonder if that is a Braman "win". Or did they move on to bigger and better things?

Jamie Moyer

 

Troll. The Braves stole the chop from the 'Noles.

They both stole it from the Cleveland Indians. (I assume so since the Indians have been around longer than the (Atlanta)Braves and 'Noles)

The Indians don't do the chop. That's a Seminole thing and it followed Primetime to the Braves.

 

That's the way I always thought it was. BTW The NFL Chiefs also copied it. Maybe to a lesser extent, but they do it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.