Black Jerseys

I love the black jersey but, like Rab, agree that they were them too much, though they seemingly have toned it down as of late. It also is a good merchandise seller as often looks better in your everyday wardrobe than the pinstripes. The pinstripes are great, on the field... they look strange in the Publix deli

I honestly find the Marlins current incarnation pretty bland and the only one of the uniforms I like are the blacks. I'd like more color period, but unfortunately its "unbaseball-like" to actually have things like color in your uniforms, unless of course it is red.

I honestly find the Marlins current incarnation pretty bland and the only one of the uniforms I like are the blacks. I'd like more color period, but unfortunately its "unbaseball-like" to actually have things like color in your uniforms, unless of course it is red.

I wouldnt call these unis bland but i do get your point about baseball's lack of color.

This might seem daft but does JJ ever wear the black jersey? For some reason I can only picture him wearing the white and grey uniforms most often

I'm guessing you mean on days he's pitching.

I seem to remember reading something on this quite a while back. SP's have some say on the uni of the day. Maybe not the swing vote, but something to say. I don't remember the specifics of the explanation that was given and have no idea how to look this bit of trivia up. But it is an interesting question.