June 8th Florida Marlins vs Philadelphia Phillies

dim

I know this is supposed to be all, "OMG Stanton," but does anyone else feel that Volstad does not deserve to be 3-6??? He hasn't pitched that poorly and it seems whenever he goes up to pitch he gets no run support.

Very true. Even Conine said during the Brewers game that Volstad could easily be 6-3 instead of 3-6. Run support has been horrible while he pitches so instead of maybe getting no decisions at the worst he gets losses while throwing quality starts

Still disappointed how the Mets series turned out but really looking forward to these next 3 in Philly.

Stanton debut tomorrow and JJ vs Halladay(I think) Wed. Getting 2/3 before interleague would definitely make me feel better again.

The day has finally arrived. Our boy Stanton will make his debut going 4-6 with 4 grand slams and 2 Ks.

Even more amazing, Mike Stanton will get on base ahead of himself , be awarded ghost runners, and drive Mike Stanton in during all 4 grand slams.

Later, Bud Selig will not reverse the Phillies in-game protest of ghost runners being allowed.

The day has finally arrived. Our boy Stanton will make his debut going 4-6 with 4 grand slams and 2 Ks.

Even more amazing, Mike Stanton will get on base ahead of himself , be awarded ghost runners, and drive Mike Stanton in during all 4 grand slams.

Later, Bud Selig will not reverse the Phillies in-game protest of ghost runners being allowed.

Stanton will also pitch a 28-out perfect game.

Without an umpire's error.

Strasburg's debut is completely overshadowing Big Mike's on ESPN. That was to be expected.

That seems like a reason why Stanton was called up. He'll be mostly overshadowed by Strasburg today and most of the season (by ESPN's coverage, you would've thought Strasburg was an 8 time Cy Young winner and has already been inducted into the Hall of Fame twice).

It's good to try and keep some pressure off the guy, let him come into his own at his own pace.