Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6/12 Post Game

Featured Replies

Well thank you ricky for that great performance.

 

on another note robertson was very solid and we missed some chances to score on top of the rays making plays.

 

a 2 game win streak is all were really good for anyway.

It was interesting to see how Soriano showed Stanton pretty much all sliders. To start a rookie off with 2 sliders one fastball way outta the zone then another slider says a lot about Stanton. Hes gonna have to start looking for more off speed stuff when he gets in some hitters counts.

What? Paulino has been great.

 

 

Against lefties, yes. But he is not so much against RHP.

All I'm gonna say is... FOTG is Nate Robertson. Period.

 

 

Yep. Allowed 1 run in his LONG relief role. Not bad.

 

Nolasco is too so-so ugh.

 

Yea, I give up, this team ain't a playoff team UNTIL the bullpen is fixed. Only thing we as fans can hope for is the Marlins stay around .500 mark or a bit above it come Sept and just pull a Colorado or Houston and go on a tear.

I don't know if any of you guys saw this on TV, but from what I could see there was more Hanley drama- not between him and Fredi but Nolasco was really peeved at his complete lack of hustle tonight. After the play where Hanley got thrown out at home, he didn't show up for warm-ups between innings at all. I thought for a second he could have been injured, but he did finally casually mosey onto the field and slowly makes his way towards his position. The PA announced actually announced the start of the inning a full 20 seconds before Hanley actually got to his position, and Ricky was obviously annoyed at having to hold up just to wait for Hanley. And it was even worse later in the inning when a single got hit down the line where 3 Marlins, including Hanley converged. Every other Marlin jogged back to their position but Hanley very very slowly walked back to SS. The icy glare that Ricky was giving him at this point was completely evident even from row Q in the upper deck (where I was), although I was in the direct line of sight of Ricky at that point. I know this isn't as big of a deal as lollygag-gate, but you had to be there to see how ridiculous Hanley was acting. Coming after the earlier incident, this type of behavior is unacceptable and its honestly disappointing to me that only a select few people would have even noticed what was happening because this was an away game and our home crew wasn't announcing so the Rays guys probably were more focused on their own team to mention it.

 

I will be starting another thread about this at some point, but I'm very angry to see this when I already got ripped off at Tropicana because they doubled prices for today without making it very obvious when checking online. So the last thing I want to see is a guy with a $60 million dollar contract acting like he doesn't care about doing his job.

I don't know if any of you guys saw this on TV, but from what I could see there was more Hanley drama- not between him and Fredi but Nolasco was really peeved at his complete lack of hustle tonight. After the play where Hanley got thrown out at home, he didn't show up for warm-ups between innings at all. I thought for a second he could have been injured, but he did finally casually mosey onto the field and slowly makes his way towards his position. The PA announced actually announced the start of the inning a full 20 seconds before Hanley actually got to his position, and Ricky was obviously annoyed at having to hold up just to wait for Hanley. And it was even worse later in the inning when a single got hit down the line where 3 Marlins, including Hanley converged. Every other Marlin jogged back to their position but Hanley very very slowly walked back to SS. The icy glare that Ricky was giving him at this point was completely evident even from row Q in the upper deck (where I was), although I was in the direct line of sight of Ricky at that point. I know this isn't as big of a deal as lollygag-gate, but you had to be there to see how ridiculous Hanley was acting. Coming after the earlier incident, this type of behavior is unacceptable and its honestly disappointing to me that only a select few people would have even noticed what was happening because this was an away game and our home crew wasn't announcing so the Rays guys probably were more focused on their own team to mention it.

 

I will be starting another thread about this at some point, but I'm very angry to see this when I already got ripped off at Tropicana because they doubled prices for today without making it very obvious when checking online. So the last thing I want to see is a guy with a $60 million dollar contract acting like he doesn't care about doing his job.

 

 

I don't get to see a lot of games, as I don't live in Florida but Hanley needs to get his act together. As for Ricky, well, he should be madder at himself more for sucking it up and being pulled in the 3rd.

I don't know if any of you guys saw this on TV, but from what I could see there was more Hanley drama- not between him and Fredi but Nolasco was really peeved at his complete lack of hustle tonight. After the play where Hanley got thrown out at home, he didn't show up for warm-ups between innings at all. I thought for a second he could have been injured, but he did finally casually mosey onto the field and slowly makes his way towards his position. The PA announced actually announced the start of the inning a full 20 seconds before Hanley actually got to his position, and Ricky was obviously annoyed at having to hold up just to wait for Hanley. And it was even worse later in the inning when a single got hit down the line where 3 Marlins, including Hanley converged. Every other Marlin jogged back to their position but Hanley very very slowly walked back to SS. The icy glare that Ricky was giving him at this point was completely evident even from row Q in the upper deck (where I was), although I was in the direct line of sight of Ricky at that point. I know this isn't as big of a deal as lollygag-gate, but you had to be there to see how ridiculous Hanley was acting. Coming after the earlier incident, this type of behavior is unacceptable and its honestly disappointing to me that only a select few people would have even noticed what was happening because this was an away game and our home crew wasn't announcing so the Rays guys probably were more focused on their own team to mention it.

 

I will be starting another thread about this at some point, but I'm very angry to see this when I already got ripped off at Tropicana because they doubled prices for today without making it very obvious when checking online. So the last thing I want to see is a guy with a $60 million dollar contract acting like he doesn't care about doing his job.

 

 

I don't get to see a lot of games, as I don't live in Florida but Hanley needs to get his act together. As for Ricky, well, he should be madder at himself more for sucking it up and being pulled in the 3rd.

 

I'm sure Ricky's not very happy about his performance either, and he really stunk tonight. Still, I could tell for Ricky that Hanley was just pretty much rubbing salt in it. And it wasn't one of those things where Ricky made a big deal out of something that wasn't just because it was a bad night- Hanley's laziness was evident to those few of us at the game actually paying attention (stupid Rays fans :mad ) and Ricky's reaction to it was just that- a reaction.

Nolascos having a real problem with all these home runs this year. Needs to keep the ball down. Robertson did great. Glad to see Coughlin turning it around

What? Paulino has been great.

 

 

Against lefties, yes. But he is not so much against RHP.

 

He's not doing THAT badly.

 

 

I really don't understand why people keep saying this. Anyone check Paulino's splits lately? He is who he is. A platoon catcher who can mash lefties. He came into this game with a .259/.289/.341 (.630 .OPS) line against right-handed pitching, which is actually horrible. Nowhere near John Baker's normal production, that's for sure.

It was interesting to see how Soriano showed Stanton pretty much all sliders. To start a rookie off with 2 sliders one fastball way outta the zone then another slider says a lot about Stanton. Hes gonna have to start looking for more off speed stuff when he gets in some hitters counts.

 

 

 

Let's just hope it's not saying what some of us were worried about. He has a hard time with the off speed stuff and other teams actually did some AA scouting anticipating his arrival.

 

Friday night was a great example of a team not doing their scouting very well when it comes to how to pitch to a team. They woke up Saturday.

If Stanton doesn't get a hit today, maybe they should put Maybin in and let him (Stanton) watch some games.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If not, he has all his firsts. Just one more first missing.

Is it me or is Stanton seeing a lot of hanging offspeed pitches and not capitalizing or is that me just concentrating too muh on each pitch he gets?

Soriano vs Stanton reminded me way too much of Maybin's struggles with strikeouts and offspeed pitches. Thats my issue with "rushing" Stanton. He didn't have at-bats like that in Double A. Maybe sometime in Triple A would have given him some work with that. Soriano just showed the entire Major Leagues how they should be pitching to Stanton right now. Sounds like trouble to me.

  • Author

I don't know if any of you guys saw this on TV, but from what I could see there was more Hanley drama- not between him and Fredi but Nolasco was really peeved at his complete lack of hustle tonight. After the play where Hanley got thrown out at home, he didn't show up for warm-ups between innings at all. I thought for a second he could have been injured, but he did finally casually mosey onto the field and slowly makes his way towards his position. The PA announced actually announced the start of the inning a full 20 seconds before Hanley actually got to his position, and Ricky was obviously annoyed at having to hold up just to wait for Hanley. And it was even worse later in the inning when a single got hit down the line where 3 Marlins, including Hanley converged. Every other Marlin jogged back to their position but Hanley very very slowly walked back to SS. The icy glare that Ricky was giving him at this point was completely evident even from row Q in the upper deck (where I was), although I was in the direct line of sight of Ricky at that point. I know this isn't as big of a deal as lollygag-gate, but you had to be there to see how ridiculous Hanley was acting. Coming after the earlier incident, this type of behavior is unacceptable and its honestly disappointing to me that only a select few people would have even noticed what was happening because this was an away game and our home crew wasn't announcing so the Rays guys probably were more focused on their own team to mention it.

 

I will be starting another thread about this at some point, but I'm very angry to see this when I already got ripped off at Tropicana because they doubled prices for today without making it very obvious when checking online. So the last thing I want to see is a guy with a $60 million dollar contract acting like he doesn't care about doing his job.

 

 

its actually a 70 million dollar contract for his bulls***.

Soriano vs Stanton reminded me way too much of Maybin's struggles with strikeouts and offspeed pitches. Thats my issue with "rushing" Stanton. He didn't have at-bats like that in Double A. Maybe sometime in Triple A would have given him some work with that. Soriano just showed the entire Major Leagues how they should be pitching to Stanton right now. Sounds like trouble to me.

 

 

I agree with this. Mike is taking way too many good offspeed pitches early in the count. Some of them hangers that he should put in the seats. I'm sure the guy can hit a breaking ball, he just needs to tweak his approach. I'd be surprised if he's gotten more than 2 fastballs in the zone pitched at him in his few games so far.

 

The game overall was pretty frustrating. The Rays played great defense, we could easily have put up 2 or 3 more runs considering how well we hit their pitching.

 

It was great to see Nate Robertson go in there and do a great job against a quality hitting lineup. Without him the game would have probably been over by the 7th inning.

 

Finally, I really miss Bake. :( Paulino's OBP is brutal.

I was very pleased (for once) with the decisions made by Fredi. You've got to keep your starter in and hope that he settles in and gains some form... and I know everyone was thinking *take him out* after the third solo HR... but it's a hit to our pitching if the guy has to come out so early. Anyways, I was really pleased with the decision to attempt to stay in the game by throwing another starter rather than trying to go middle relief all game. It was the right move, even if the Marlins couldnt come back.

Soriano vs Stanton reminded me way too much of Maybin's struggles with strikeouts and offspeed pitches. Thats my issue with "rushing" Stanton. He didn't have at-bats like that in Double A. Maybe sometime in Triple A would have given him some work with that. Soriano just showed the entire Major Leagues how they should be pitching to Stanton right now. Sounds like trouble to me.

 

 

Stanton is hitting well over .300 with an awesome OBP. Opposing teams have been more selective about pitching to him than any other hitter in the lineup, and he's taking what they are giving him and turning it into walks and base hits and of course some strikeouts, but no more than the rest of the guys on the team. I know its been a little surprising to see him come up and not be swinging for the fences, but I'd much rather see him come up and get the quality at-bats that he's getting and let the rest come to him.

 

I'm not gonna worry because Rafael Soriano got the edge in one battle. Wes Helms looked a lot sillier swinging at a pitch over his eyes and Paulino popped up the first pitch.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.