6/16 Post Game

canada-marlin24

Ok so just lay it all on the line here. We are now 3 games under .500 and 6.5 out of the division.

panic button should have been hit 2 weeks ago. this teamm is just not getting it done.

we are in games consistently but consistently come out on the losing end when we clearly shouldnt.

idk what the f*** else to say about this team.

we be seller by deadline let see who we sell my feeling is season is mostly over unless bullpin get fix soon that unlikely and hitting get better that big question i looking forward to offseason to see if fredy e back who will be gone only thing i can say enjoy sport baseball and wait season to end

why was buente even in there? It's like fredi had given up at 3-2

Who was he going to bring in? Not as if Buente was at fault anyway; if Cantu makes a play, he's out of the inning. The defense was horrible yet again tonight.

Also, why was Pinto just DFA'd? To make room for Tim Wood? We couldn't at least trade Pinto for a player to be named later or something? He's not going to go unclaimed.

The answers for this team are not within the organization as of now. Im all in favor of trading cody right now. We need bullpen arms and we also need to keep getting maybin major league at bats.

This is just what id do.

Get a lefty power bat for off the bench.

Send down Bonifacio, buente, Hayes, Sosa, and Wood when his flight gets into FTL.

Acquire 2 solid bullpen arms, and if giving Cody is what it takes, by all means go and do it.

The answers for this team are not within the organization as of now. Im all in favor of trading cody right now. We need bullpen arms and we also need to keep getting maybin major league at bats.

This is just what id do.

Send down Bonifacio, buente, Hayes, Sosa, and Wood when his flight gets into FTL.

Acquire 2 solid bullpen arms, and if giving Cody is what it takes, by all means go and do it.

This is so easier said than done. Care to mention any names? By the way, under your scenario, we have no backup catcher; honestly, we don't even have 25 guys.

pinto and RVH > wood... stupid stupid stupid team

They can't call up RVH because he was just sent down. There is a 10-day minimum unless an injury occurs. Not that that makes our sending down RVH when he could have developed into a solid setup man given some time any smarter.

This is just what id do.

This is so easier said than done. Care to mention any names? By the way, under your scenario, we have no backup catcher; honestly, we don't even have 25 guys.

I know its easier said then done, those are just the kinds of things id do. We definitely need a backup catcher besides hays but probably wont get one since bake is do back in a few months.

Other than that its not that difficult to find a lefty bat off the bench and a few relievers as the trade deadline nears.

After 65 games

2009: 32-33 / 6.0 GB

2010: 31-34 / 6.5 GB

This proves that we tend to heat it up down the stretch.

Plus with the Phillies struggling 97 wins like last year may be enough to make the playoffs.

which is why we really need to figure out what to do with the bullpen now.

After 65 games

2009: 32-33 / 6.0 GB

2010: 31-34 / 6.5 GB

This proves that we tend to heat it up down the stretch.

Plus with the Phillies struggling 97 wins like last year may be enough to make the playoffs.

which is why we really need to figure out what to do with the bullpen now.

I agree... but its funny how baseball "feels" sometimes. I'd bet at this point last year we felt "ok" with a chance... right now, we're not that far off the pace and most of us on here feel pretty dreadful about this team's chances in the long run. I sure hope I'm wrong but things just feel really bad right now.

Guest Guest

Pretty funny that the rest of the lineup can't produce runs with Coghlan and Gaby hitting pretty damn well lately. Most of this seems to be Hanley's fault.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.