Pinto Released, Sosa Outrighted to AAA

Admin

Basically. I don't see how you can expect anyone in the minor leagues to be better than Pinto (especially left handers, especially especially with Hunter Jones injured/released) (Likewise, worse, they all suck), so now we're eating his 1.1m contract to have players who aren't any better than him on the roster.

On the flip side, if we released him to give a spot to, say, Daniel Jennings, our top lefty RP spec, then you can understand that even if it's un-agreeable. Or maybe Sean West. But we're eating over 1 million dollars so that James Houser can have a spot on the roster?

Basically. I don't see how you can expect anyone in the minor leagues to be better than Pinto (especially left handers, especially especially with Hunter Jones injured/released) (Likewise, worse, they all suck), so now we're eating his 1.1m contract to have players who aren't any better than him on the roster.

On the flip side, if we released him to give a spot to, say, Daniel Jennings, our top lefty RP spec, then you can understand that even if it's un-agreeable. Or maybe Sean West. But we're eating over 1 million dollars so that James Houser can have a spot on the roster?

what fairyland are you living in? pinto was better vs. righties than lefties, and he couldn't get an out in an important situation, wonder why gonzalez dind't bring him in vs righties, oh right. because he didn't have a clue either. thank god that's over with

what fairyland are you living in? pinto was better vs. righties than lefties, and he couldn't get an out in an important situation, wonder why gonzalez dind't bring him in vs righties, oh right. because he didn't have a clue either. thank god that's over with

Um, he acutally used him twice as much vs RHB this year.

Well, to be fair. We'd have to pay the minimum to anyone, so it would be $700k at the start of the year. Pro rated to end of season, they are eating about $425-450k with the Pinto release. Still, eating money, but it's just not the big old grand $1.1 number.

You have to imagine they want West to get innings, no matter where, so he's going to be only starting this year. I mean, you can always put NateRob into the pen and make that switch, but I don't think West is on the horizon until NateRob slows down. Which I shockingly don't think he will (in that 4.50 era kind of way).

I think they are looking for a lefty, and looking to hoard cheap right handers until they find "Donnelly." I think this is rather immediate too. I then see huge moves, either coming or going, end of July depending on where the team is.

what doesnt this board get about pinto being awful? when you are a reliever who cant throw strikes or gt lefty outs you really are no good, not to mention he was just shaky everytime he came in with people on, no matter the stats. there is a reason nobody claimed him, nobody ants to deal with his bend but dont break bs.

PINTO IS GARBAGE and stop treating him like he is some sort of good reliever.

what doesnt this board get about pinto being awful? when you are a reliever who cant throw strikes or gt lefty outs you really are no good, not to mention he was just shaky everytime he came in with people on, no matter the stats. there is a reason nobody claimed him, nobody ants to deal with his bend but dont break bs.

I agree, its the 2010 craptacular bullpen that makes Pinto look like a good reliever by comparison. All he has done is give these boards heartburn for years. Everyone here wanted his head and now that he's gone, apparently we made a bad move. Its silly, yet thats how these boards operate sometimes. Knee jerk reactions are stupid.

I agree, its the 2010 craptacular bullpen that makes Pinto look like a good reliever by comparison. All he has done is give these boards heartburn for years. Everyone here wanted his head and now that he's gone, apparently we made a bad move. Its silly, yet thats how these boards operate sometimes. Knee jerk reactions are stupid.

couldnt have said it better. He's one of our better relievers yet he is still terrible and just the opposite of what you look for in a reliever.

Please, generalize 'this board' some more.

I'm sorry but this should have been a move done long ago. Now that you are dumping Renyel you've got just another hole. By getting rid of a bad player, you dont get rid of the actual bad. Just the player. You need to find a good player to get rid of the bad.

Can you change your name. You're doing a disservice to Boog.

Career vs LHP: BA. 254 .783OPS

Career vs RHP: .209 BA .656 OPS

and besides this season Lefties haven't hit over .277 against Pinto in a season where he had over 25 appearances.

He is and he can get lefties out but he just does a better job at getting out.

Also something to have note of is that RHB have 648 plate appearances against Pinto while LHB only have 378 which is only about half of the PA's and thus I could bet that his stats vs Lefties would look better on paper if he faced more of them.

The inheriting runners thing is another story but it's simple just put him in to start an inning and he should be fine.

Career vs LHP: BA. 254 .783OPS

Career vs RHP: .209 BA .656 OPS

and besides this season Lefties haven't hit over .277 against Pinto in a season where he had over 25 appearances.

He is and he can get lefties out but he just does a better job at getting out.

Also something to have note of is that RHB have 648 plate appearances against Pinto while LHB only have 378 which is only about half of the PA's and thus I could bet that his stats vs Lefties would look better on paper if he faced more of them.

The inheriting runners thing is another story but it's simple just put him in to start an inning and he should be fine.

But, MMP, he said the stats don't matter LDO.

That is nothing to brag about.

True but it isn't like he's terrible and lefties hit .350 against him.

Bottom line is that he's average as a lefty pitcher against Left Handed Batters and above average against Right handed batters so he is not a bad pitcher he's at the worst average and solid if anything.

That is nothing to brag about.

True but it isn't like he's terrible and lefties hit .350 against him.

Bottom line is that he's average as a lefty pitcher against Left Handed Batters and above average against Right handed batters so he is not a bad pitcher he's at the worst average and solid if anything.

Are you sure he was average against LHB? I'd venture to say he was definitely below average vs. LHB for a LHP.