MLB Player Movement Thread

This is so I don't have to create 400 different topics in the Major League section and we can all update recent MLB trades, releases and signings.

To add to Callaspo being trade to L.A.A. here are a few more transactions.

• Reds sign Jason Isringhausen
  • Orioles Release Joey Gathright
  • Mets sign Chad Cordero
  • Red Soxs acquire Jack Hannahan from Mariners for Player to be named later or cash
  • Phillies sign Timo Perez
  • The rights to Pitchers Vinnie Chulk and Hayden Penn have been sold to Hiroshima Toyo Carp and Chiba Lotte

Everyone is free to comment and add on.

Orioles DFA Scott Moore to make room for Brian Roberts.

Damn i really hoped they'd call up my cousin who's an Infielder in AAA Norfolk and is on the last year of his minor League Contract.

I just want Baltimore to become sellers and start all over, deal guys like Wiggy, Tejada, Roberts and bring more young fresh blood to compliment Jones, Markakis and Weiters.

Good to see The Chief get another shot. He was having such a promising career before his injury. Sucks that it's with the Mets but good for him.

Also, a Hayden Penn sighting. He's going to be playing in Japan and I still think it was a fair trade for Andino.

:no

Mike Rabelo, Kiko Calero and Ramon Vasquez have all been released from their minor league deals.

FRIDAY: Matthews intends to exercise his out clause tomorrow, tweets Jayson Stark of ESPN.com. The 36-year-old is hoping to land a major league job after hitting .313/.359/.490 at Triple-A Louisville.

GMJ, won't ever be signed for the money NYM or L.A.A. signed him for but could be very useful for Outfield depth despite his age.

Damn i really hoped they'd call up my cousin who's an Infielder in AAA Norfolk and is on the last year of his minor League Contract.

I just want Baltimore to become sellers and start all over, deal guys like Wiggy, Tejada, Roberts and bring more young fresh blood to compliment Jones, Markakis and Weiters.

Paco's been having a good year; maybe they call him up, once they trade Wigginton.

Paco's been having a good year; maybe they call him up, once they trade Wigginton.

Yeah he was hitting very well in AA, then after his call up he was told he'd be put on the 40 man if he can maintain an average of .300 over his first three weeks and he then injured his wrist diving for a ball and started slumping while playing through it.

They told him he'd be an option if Roberts gets hurt again or is traded along with Wigginton or possibly Tejada.

Once again on the former Marlins tip:

Kiko Calero has been released by the Dodgers, his second release this year, and Mike Rabelo has been released by the Tigers, who signed him just to taunt us.

I posted that yesterday but it's no big deal.

Rabelo pretty much sucks and Kiko's arm is back to it's rubber self.

Padres Sign Nick Green.

Tigers slugger Magglio Ordonez will be out for 6-8 weeks with a broken right ankle, according to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse (via Twitter). The injury could prove to be costly for Ordonez as he needs 540 plate appearances or 135 starts in order for his 2011 option to vest.

That's Huge Loss for Detroit as Magglio has had a great year as their 3 hitter.

Houston wants either Matt Kemp or James Loney as part of any Roy Oswalt deal if he was to be traded to the Dodgers

If they end up with Loney I'm guessing Berkman would be on his way out?

Read something the other day saying Tampa Bay may try and get Berkman next season to replace Carlos Pena