December 9, 201015 yr also, with the Rangers being involved in the Greinke talks in the first place and Rosenthal saying Greinke to the Marlins never happened... is it possible we would have been in a deal with the Royals for someone else with Greinke going to Texas? Rosenthal never said that, it was Joe Frisao
December 9, 201015 yr 1B Sanchez, 2B Infante, SS Hanley.... give em Osvaldo or Dominguez + Nunez + Nolasco. f***it. ZACK GREINKE It's funny that some people think that this is what it would take to get Grienke. Grienke's trade value is similar to what Justin Upton's would've been. He's one of the best pitchers in baseball. The only one of those guys that KC would take is Dominguez...maybe Ozzie Martinez as the last piece to a trade. Nunez and Nolasco do nothing for them. I disagree. Nolasco and Nunez is good value in a trade for Grienke. I think we need to take away Martinez, though, and maybe add someone like Coghlan to get this done.
December 9, 201015 yr I'm pretty sure Morrison has to be involved in this deal. No way they trade Greinke without asking for Morrison. Unfortunately, the Phillies have discussed Grienke with the Royals. Imagine a rotation of Halladay, Grienke, Hamels and Oswalt.
December 9, 201015 yr 1B Sanchez, 2B Infante, SS Hanley.... give em Osvaldo or Dominguez + Nunez + Nolasco. f***it. ZACK GREINKE It's funny that some people think that this is what it would take to get Grienke. Grienke's trade value is similar to what Justin Upton's would've been. He's one of the best pitchers in baseball. The only one of those guys that KC would take is Dominguez...maybe Ozzie Martinez as the last piece to a trade. Nunez and Nolasco do nothing for them. I disagree. Nolasco and Nunez is good value in a trade for Grienke. I think we need to take away Martinez, though, and maybe add someone like Coghlan to get this done. Seriously I don't want to be a dick or anything, but everyone who thinks this is wrong. Grienke is one of the best pitchers in baseball...still in his prime. Any team that gets him is giving up good prospects in return. The Royals are non-contenders; they have no interest in taking such salaries.
December 9, 201015 yr I'm pretty sure Morrison has to be involved in this deal. No way they trade Greinke without asking for Morrison. Unfortunately, the Phillies have discussed Grienke with the Royals. Imagine a rotation of Halladay, Grienke, Hamels and Oswalt. And they're also going for Lee? ... *sigh*
December 9, 201015 yr 1B Sanchez, 2B Infante, SS Hanley.... give em Osvaldo or Dominguez + Nunez + Nolasco. f***it. ZACK GREINKE It's funny that some people think that this is what it would take to get Grienke. Grienke's trade value is similar to what Justin Upton's would've been. He's one of the best pitchers in baseball. The only one of those guys that KC would take is Dominguez...maybe Ozzie Martinez as the last piece to a trade. Nunez and Nolasco do nothing for them. I disagree. Nolasco and Nunez is good value in a trade for Grienke. I think we need to take away Martinez, though, and maybe add someone like Coghlan to get this done. I would try to make a package that includes Nolasco, Nuñez and Gaby Sanchez if I could avoid getting rid of Morrison. Pull this trade off and move LoMo to 1B and sing Xavier Nady like I want.
December 9, 201015 yr Well they traded for Mike Jacobs so who knows what they're doing Jacobs came off of a career year where he hit 32 homers and 93 RBIs, albeit his average dipped from the .260s to .240s, so at the time it wasn't the worst trade in the world.
December 9, 201015 yr 1B Sanchez, 2B Infante, SS Hanley.... give em Osvaldo or Dominguez + Nunez + Nolasco. f***it. ZACK GREINKE It's funny that some people think that this is what it would take to get Grienke. Grienke's trade value is similar to what Justin Upton's would've been. He's one of the best pitchers in baseball. The only one of those guys that KC would take is Dominguez...maybe Ozzie Martinez as the last piece to a trade. Nunez and Nolasco do nothing for them. I disagree. Nolasco and Nunez is good value in a trade for Grienke. I think we need to take away Martinez, though, and maybe add someone like Coghlan to get this done. Seriously I don't want to be a dick or anything, but everyone who thinks this is wrong. Grienke is one of the best pitchers in baseball...still in his prime. Any team that gets him is giving up good prospects in return. The Royals are non-contenders; they have no interest in taking such salaries. Again, I disagree. If they were the center pieces of this trade, then I'd agree. But if you add them with say Sean West and Morrison, I'm pretty sure the Royals would agree to the trade. They're still young players who have proven they can play.
December 9, 201015 yr 1B Sanchez, 2B Infante, SS Hanley.... give em Osvaldo or Dominguez + Nunez + Nolasco. f***it. ZACK GREINKE It's funny that some people think that this is what it would take to get Grienke. Grienke's trade value is similar to what Justin Upton's would've been. He's one of the best pitchers in baseball. The only one of those guys that KC would take is Dominguez...maybe Ozzie Martinez as the last piece to a trade. Nunez and Nolasco do nothing for them. I disagree. Nolasco and Nunez is good value in a trade for Grienke. I think we need to take away Martinez, though, and maybe add someone like Coghlan to get this done. I would try to make a package that includes Nolasco, Nuñez and Gaby Sanchez if I could avoid getting rid of Morrison. Pull this trade off and move LoMo to 1B and sing Xavier Nady like I want. This isn't going to happen. If we want Grienke, I'm pretty sure Morrison has to be involved.
December 9, 201015 yr Greinke.. that would be awesome. /cpt obvious Pair you up with Captain Hindsight and then you shall form the tag team....... Obvious in Hindsight!
December 9, 201015 yr 1B Sanchez, 2B Infante, SS Hanley.... give em Osvaldo or Dominguez + Nunez + Nolasco. f***it. ZACK GREINKE It's funny that some people think that this is what it would take to get Grienke. Grienke's trade value is similar to what Justin Upton's would've been. He's one of the best pitchers in baseball. The only one of those guys that KC would take is Dominguez...maybe Ozzie Martinez as the last piece to a trade. Nunez and Nolasco do nothing for them. I disagree. Nolasco and Nunez is good value in a trade for Grienke. I think we need to take away Martinez, though, and maybe add someone like Coghlan to get this done. Seriously I don't want to be a dick or anything, but everyone who thinks this is wrong. Grienke is one of the best pitchers in baseball...still in his prime. Any team that gets him is giving up good prospects in return. The Royals are non-contenders; they have no interest in taking such salaries. Again, I disagree. If they were the center pieces of this trade, then I'd agree. But if you add them with say Sean West and Morrison, I'm pretty sure the Royals would agree to the trade. They're still young players who have proven they can play. Ricky Nolasco has put up average numbers in the National League (easier league for pitchers than the AL, btw), due to make 6+ million in 2011 in arbritration, and becomes a free agent two years from now. Leo Nunez is an average reliever with one statistically good year under his belt (last year), due to make ~4 million in 2011 (arbritration); he becomes a free agent two years from now, as well. That is crap for Grienke. It's ZACH GRIENKE. 2009 AL CY YOUNG WINNER. This is, at worst, Morrison + young MLB ready player + James or Hand + something like a reliever prospect (Marinez) or maybe they'd be interested in Ozzie Martinez as the 4th player. Nolasco and Nunez wouldn't be involved in such a deal.
December 9, 201015 yr Well they traded for Mike Jacobs so who knows what they're doing They were looking for a power bat and traded a reliever. That's not a huge trade, like a Grienke trade would be. Dayton Moore might be an idiot when it comes to getting low .OBP players and stuff, but no GM in baseball is dumb enough to get average non-prospects in return for their ace, stud pitcher. Just because it's convenient for us doesn't mean it's not crap to the other team. What's being suggested on this thread is the equivalent to the Marlins trading Josh Johnson for a middle of the rotation arm making 6 million/hitting free agency in a couple of years and a setup man making 4 million/also set to become a free agent in a couple of years. Not happening.
December 9, 201015 yr Yes... you have made that clear. My comment was tongue-in-cheek. Breathe. Even if you weren't being serious, others are actually being serious.
December 9, 201015 yr Ricky Nolasco has put up average numbers in the National League (easier league for pitchers than the AL, btw), due to make 6+ million in 2011 in arbritration, and becomes a free agent two years from now. Leo Nunez is an average reliever with one statistically good year under his belt (last year), due to make ~4 million in 2011 (arbritration); he becomes a free agent two years from now, as well. That is crap for Grienke. It's ZACH GRIENKE. 2009 AL CY YOUNG WINNER. This is, at worst, Morrison + young MLB ready player + James or Hand + something like a reliever prospect (Marinez) or maybe they'd be interested in Ozzie Martinez as the 4th player. Nolasco and Nunez wouldn't be involved in such a deal. Agree to disagree then, I guess. I still think Nunez and Nolasco would have value for the Royals with Morrison and West.
December 9, 201015 yr These rumors really don't make any sense. The rumor about us swapping relievers with Texas seems credible, though. The question is, what reliever.
December 9, 201015 yr Agree to disagree then, I guess. I still think Nunez and Nolasco would have value for the Royals with Morrison and West. But like...you're wrong! C'mon man...how does the same GM who traded Leo Nunez for Mike friggin' Jacobs now accept a deal for Grienke with Leo Nunez involved in it? Where are you getting this crazy idea from? The Royals are not contenders! Look at what the Padres got for Adrian Gonzalez. Prospects who are under club control and have options for the next many, many years. That's what happens when studs are traded. If a GM asked for Grienke and made such an offer (Nolasco/Nunez + 3rd player), all the other GM's at the Winter Meetings would laugh at the GM who proposed such a deal. By the way, not only would Nolasco and Nunez not be involved in such a deal, but Sean West wouldn't either, at this point in his career. This is a guy who has struggled at the big league level, seems to have conditioning issues, and it has become public that the Marlins are very disappointed in him. Our crap in a trade isn't another team's treasure.
December 9, 201015 yr These rumors really don't make any sense. The rumor about us swapping relievers with Texas seems credible, though. The question is, what reliever. Yea.. that's what I've been wondering
December 9, 201015 yr But like...you're wrong! C'mon man...how does the same GM who traded Leo Nunez for Mike friggin' Jacobs now accept a deal for Grienke with Leo Nunez involved in it? Where are you getting this crazy idea from? The Royals are not contenders! Look at what the Padres got for Adrian Gonzalez. Prospects who under club control and have options for the next many, many years. That's what happens when studs are traded. If a GM asked for Grienke and made such an offer (Nolasco/Nunez + 3rd player), all the other GM's at the Winter Meetings would laugh at the GM who proposed such a deal. By the way, not only would Nolasco and Nunez be involved in such a deal, but Sean West wouldn't either, at this point in his career. This is a guy who has struggled at the big league level, seems to have conditioning issues, and it has become public that the Marlins are very disappointed in him. Our crap in a trade isn't another team's treasure. The fact that he traded Nunez for Jacobs seems to benefit my side of the argument more. He doesn't know what he's doing apparently. All I'm saying is, they can be be of some value to the Royals. They wouldn't be the MAIN players in the trade, but they sure as hell would have value. Especially Nolasco, because he's shown he can pitch at an elite level. But, this isn't happening. It sounds like we would have to give up way too much for Grienke, only to have to resign him to a 100+ million dollar contract later on.
December 9, 201015 yr These rumors really don't make any sense. The rumor about us swapping relievers with Texas seems credible, though. The question is, what reliever. I would expect something like Leo Nunez for Michael Kirkman + a depth reliever with some upside.
December 9, 201015 yr These rumors really don't make any sense. The rumor about us swapping relievers with Texas seems credible, though. The question is, what reliever. I would expect something like Leo Nunez for Michael Kirkman + a depth reliever with some upside. You forget that the rumors are that this is a 3 team deal. Nolasco could go to the White Sox and Nuñez + a prospect (Dominguez?) to KC. GREINKE to the Marlins is possible, but I also would think that either Dominguez or Morrison would have to be packaged, which is what probably gives Beinfest pause. I said I wish they'd take Gaby, but that's not going to happen. It doesn't seem that this trade is going to happen (although we can still hope), but we'll see what happens throughout the night. I'll check back after the Heat game.
December 9, 201015 yr Wow, this happened so fast lol. But what the hell is it with the obsession for relievers. I get they want to trade Leo, but I really hope Nolasco isn't dealt for more relievers. At this rate, we can just have 4 SP and 1 day where we stick our 25 relievers in.
December 9, 201015 yr Wow, this happened so fast lol. But what the hell is it with the obsession for relievers. I get they want to trade Leo, but I really hope Nolasco isn't dealt for more relievers. At this rate, we can just have 4 SP and 1 day where we stick our 25 relievers in. For some reason, everyone is conveniently ignoring the fact that the Marlins said today that they want to keep Nolasco through his arbritration years even if he doesn't sign an extension. They want him here for '11 and '12. They probably see that his trade value isn't that great right now due to his #'s the past couple of years, and still feel (due to his peripherals) that he can still develop as a #2 here after Josh Johnson.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.