I hate FSN

Finally, I get both Marlins and Rays games on at the same time.

Right because you're not in shared territory, you're in Marlins territory.

Or it's strictly just for UCF on campus, I don't know. That's how it works though. We get FSN, but not during Marlin games.

Apparently HawkFan gets them both in Orlando.

Maybe it's... a Brighthouse thing?

Brighthouse has always been the worst cable provider for a baseball fan in Orlando. Hell, I remember they were the last to pick up the extra 55 games for both the Marlins/Rays games.

Well I speak for Brighthouse strictly at UCF, where FSN is blacked out for Marlin games.

That's bizzare, I couldn't tell you why that would happen. I live less than 10 miles away, next to Lake Howell HS, and don't have any issues.

Perhaps UCF has a special deal w/ Brighthouse as an Institutional customer as oposed to what residential customers get. Perhaps they get a cheaper, cut-back plan to provide to students that didn't include the extra game package.

There's always Ale House at Waterford Lakes. Maybe all of us in the area should arrange a meetup one of these nights.

Well I speak for Brighthouse strictly at UCF, where FSN is blacked out for Marlin games.

That's bizzare, I couldn't tell you why that would happen. I live less than 10 miles away, next to Lake Howell HS, and don't have any issues.

Perhaps UCF has a special deal w/ Brighthouse as an Institutional customer as oposed to what residential customers get. Perhaps they get a cheaper, cut-back plan to provide to students that didn't include the extra game package.

There's always Ale House at Waterford Lakes. Maybe all of us in the area should arrange a meetup one of these nights.

Yeah, well it wouldn't surprise me if it was actually UCF's fault before anyone elses. That's just what Bright House told me, although they're not exactly a great company either.

And yeah, there's a few of us around here. Well, me, gizmo, you... who else?

Well, here I am in Orlando, and I'm trying to watch the Marlins game today since there actually isn't a Magic game to preempt me over here.

So what do I get instead of baseball? Some kind of street basketball league game that I've never seen before, even though my DVR says that the Marlins game should be on.

This is getting to the point where I need to call up BrightHouse and yell at them. They don't even let you have FSN on regular cable, I have to have digital to even get this station (despite the fact it's like channel 55 here, and they used to cover it on regular cable until the middle of last year).

So in summary, FSN can go to hell.

Ditto

I would just like to add something to the complaint here although I know I'm probably the last person in this world to still have a SDTV (tube tv)..you can use widescreen on FSN's HD broadcast, but there should be a standard def as well. Watching the game in widescreen on this small tv is annoying. Also, FSN..not everyone is rich enough to own a 40+ inch widescreen HDTV..I freakin can barely see what inning the game is in and that's standing right in front of the tv! If you make the text any smaller, I'll need to use a magnifying glass to view the scores/innings/ect /rant

Otherwise, I can't complain because I get all the Marlins games on FSN/Sun (when they are aired)

Yeah, well it wouldn't surprise me if it was actually UCF's fault before anyone elses. That's just what Bright House told me, although they're not exactly a great company either.

Whenever the Magic and Lightning are done with their seasons, I get all of the Marlins games on FSN here. I can't speak for the UCF campus because I thought you didn't even get FSN there. The Rays are strictly on Sun Sports up here.

Whenever the Magic and Lightning are done with their seasons, I get all of the Marlins games on FSN here. I can't speak for the UCF campus because I thought you didn't even get FSN there. The Rays are strictly on Sun Sports up here.

We do but we dont. During off hours we get it and we'll get fishing and crap like that.

They insist that they don't carry FSN Florida and that you need a box to get it.

I guess either my TV is super powerful but can't hold off until 7pm or something like that.

Of the 7 games so far we got 1 Marlins game, and I believe it is because the Rays either played a day game or didn't play at all. It was Volstad's start.

We do but we dont. During off hours we get it and we'll get fishing and crap like that.

They insist that they don't carry FSN Florida and that you need a box to get it.

I guess either my TV is super powerful but can't hold off until 7pm or something like that.

Of the 7 games so far we got 1 Marlins game, and I believe it is because the Rays either played a day game or didn't play at all. It was Volstad's start.

You definitely need a box to get FSN here. I have it in my living room where the box is, but I get static in my bedroom on that channel

We get static half the time, and frozen picture the other half of the time. And then every now and then we get the actual channel, and it's never been functioning during a Marlins game.

TV here sucks. We get 'HD' channels as well for all the football stations like CBS, ABC, and NBC. But they're hardly 'HD' either.

I just cant wait to move off campus. That's all. I'll have my 40 inch TV with actual HD abilities, my xbox set up properly, a real sound system, and a home entertainment system. :o Sounds expensive.

You could also go to Wackadoos. Back when I was a student, I'd hit them up after classes in BA, and they'd always put the Fish on for me when I asked.

I just cant wait to move off campus. That's all. I'll have my 40 inch TV with actual HD abilities, my xbox set up properly, a real sound system, and a home entertainment system. :o Sounds expensive.

You could also go to Wackadoos. Back when I was a student, I'd hit them up after classes in BA, and they'd always put the Fish on for me when I asked.

Yeah that's an option too. Especially when you reach 21 :)

I've always thought about it but for some reason I've NEVER been to Wackadoos.

So they will indeed change it for you? I always thought they were the equivalent to everything else on UCF. Limited function-ability. Sounds like something to reconsider, thanks!

I'll chime in here. I am now living in the city of Tampa and can tell you that that this issue isn't isolated to Brighthouse. I have Verizon and FSN is also preempting Marlins games in favor of Orlando Magic games in Tampa. So this isn't a cable provider issue, it is a FSN issue.

Also that whole spiel someone wrote earlier about being in a wholly owned territory of the Marlins allows them to see all the Rays games doesn't work the other way around since I am in a wholly owned territory of the Rays and have not been able to see all of the Marlins games.

We'll see how things play out for the rest of the season, but I am not impressed with the Marlins coverage by FSN in Tampa so far.

You guys should not be angry at brighthouse or FSN, they're only following the territorial rights set down by MLB and the teams.

Kitteh says no.

The MLB does not set down territorial rights.

And you clearly don't understand the situation. Orlando is part of a ton of Florida that is a shared territory/dual blackout area.

BRIGHTOUSE chooses NOT to carry FSN at all without digital cable.FSN/SUN chooses not to air Marlins games in favor of Rays games in Orlando.

Someone can correct if wrong, but:

Can't you just buy MLB TV over the net using a zip code outside Orlando and stream it. Or just watch the away team broadcast cause I can't imagine Tommy Hutton is the reason you watch baseball. It's like $100. That's two less kegs a year for you college folks. You'll live.

Or just set up a Slingbox at anyone in South Floridas place

i wish i knew how to throw that GIF in of michael jackson eating popcorn.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Someone can correct if wrong, but:

Can't you just buy MLB TV over the net using a zip code outside Orlando and stream it. Or just watch the away team broadcast cause I can't imagine Tommy Hutton is the reason you watch baseball. It's like $100. That's two less kegs a year for you college folks. You'll live.

Or just set up a Slingbox at anyone in South Floridas place

It's not by area code, it's by IP address. You'd have to proxy your connection, which plenty of people do. It is against MLB.tv policy and you can get yourself in deep sh*t if you're ever caught, even though likely you wont be caught. And if you can't watch the home broadcast because you're blacked out, you're automatically blacked out for the road broadcast as well.