4/29 Post Game

gizmo

did anyone else notice leo's fastball was in the low 90's? I thought his 4-seam was 96-98 most outings?

Radar gun readings will vary from park to park. Usually I see leo around 93-96.

Off topic but I read the other day that when Penny was with the Dodgers and they would play in SD, SD would crank down the gun just to frustrate Penny.

Javy pitched pretty well tonight. Seems to be getting better. Hanley looks good one AB like hes got a plan when he goes up there then later in the game it's like he just goes up there swinging at anything. Hell of a throw by Cosuins from center tonight.

Really nice to get a win here. I'll be even more excited if we can get the team healthy and producing. The numbers for Buck, Hanley ,and Infante still look awful, but they won't be that bad all year.

I didn't watch, but Vazquez, despite not allowing too many baserunners, still had 11 flyballs to 3 groundballs. That's not encouraging.

Fun fact: the 3 NL teams which have given up the fewest runs --- Phillies, Marlins, and Braves. In the entire ML, only Oakland has given up fewer runs this year.

I saw a note on ESPN that the Marlins lead the league in outfield defensive efficiency. That's pretty stunning considering Logan Morrison was a 1st baseman, Coghlan has played virtually no CF before this year, and Stanton has been hampered by an injury, too.

Really nice to get a win here. I'll be even more excited if we can get the team healthy and producing. The numbers for Buck, Hanley ,and Infante still look awful, but they won't be that bad all year.

I didn't watch, but Vazquez, despite not allowing too many baserunners, still had 11 flyballs to 3 groundballs. That's not encouraging.

Fun fact: the 3 NL teams which have given up the fewest runs --- Phillies, Marlins, and Braves. In the entire ML, only Oakland has given up fewer runs this year.

I saw a note on ESPN that the Marlins lead the league in outfield defensive efficiency. That's pretty stunning considering Logan Morrison was a 1st baseman, Coghlan has played virtually no CF before this year, and Stanton has been hampered by an injury, too.

I think Boni only had three games in his career in LF before LoMo went down. Which explains the occasional bad route or misread and makes them understandable.

I would have to question the legitimacy of that stat/fact. Sounds like one somebody came up with by just looking at the numbers and not seeing the games.

I think Boni only had three games in his career in LF before LoMo went down. Which explains the occasional bad route or misread and makes them understandable.

I would have to question the legitimacy of that stat/fact. Sounds like one somebody came up with by just looking at the numbers and not seeing the games.

In another amazing twist, given the shaky outfield defense that was expected of them, the Fish have the best defensive efficiency in the National League, turning almost 73 percent of balls in play into outs, and understandably have given up the fewest runs in the Senior Circuit.

Maybe the balls have been hit unusually close to them and it'll even out, but so far, they've gotten to a higher percentage of balls hit to the outfield than any oher NL team.