Coghlan optioned to AAA, Wise promoted

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Chris Coghlan has been optioned to New Orleans.

DeWayne Wise has been added to the active roster

Dustin Richardson designated for assignment to make room on 40-man for Wise

Hopefully he works something out and comes back up hitting like he was at the start of the season. I don't know if 2009 Coghlan can be reached again, but I'd settle for him hitting .297 with all those doubles etc. like he was before coming out of the lineup due to injury. Then he came back and... hasn't done so well since.

WHY?!?!

I know Coghlan was struggling, but even so.....

Not a Wise move in my eyes

Coghlan has been struggling at the major league level for the better part of two seasons. He needs to get himself straightened out against lesser talent. This move doesn't make us better today, but hopefully it will a month from now,

hopefully this clears his head a little bit .... when he came up his approach was so solid, especially for someone so young

now it seems like he is in his own head between what he should be producing, the type of hits he should be getting, etc

I really wish this team had a steady veteran who actually played at a high level everyday to help out some of these kids ........ remove the emotions, remove the thinking, see the ball & hit the ball, it's a long season that isn't going to be made in a single pitch or at bat

i think it's a pretty big symptom amongst the entire team and there is no one steadying it out

but hey, at least wes helms is there..........

DeWayne Wise? That a-hole? (Yes I'm still bitter over his catch in Mark Buehrle's perfect game.)

You're mad about a defensive gem that saved history? Get over iiiiit. :p

When it happens against your team you can get back to me. :p

It did happen to our team. I mean, not nearly as often as to you guys, but it's happened.

DeWayne Wise? That a-hole? (Yes I'm still bitter over his catch in Mark Buehrle's perfect game.)

It did happen to our team. I mean, not nearly as often as to you guys, but it's happened.

What Rab said, and lol.

Hanley next?

Haha, he could hit .150 and I'm pretty sure he'd stay up here. They would put him on the DL with some fake injury then maybe he'd go down. I just think he would throw a fit if they even brought the idea up to him.

Cogs really has stunk since 2009. Yeah he got hurt in 10 but he started out horrible.

I can't remember but didn't wise have a decent spring with us? I just know he got hurt at the end.

From what I remember, there wasn't a HR robbing catch in Halladay's Perfect game, which is the par tof the game I'm talking about, nice try. :p

I'm not so sure I like this move. Sure, Coghlan isn't hitting well this year, but why not just bench him for a few games and let him work things out with Eduardo Perez on the side? DeWayne Wise and Emilio Bonifacio don't inspire much confidence out of me. I think if the Marlins are trying to make the playoffs, they should see how much it would cost in prospects to get someone like Felix Pie, Julio Borbon, Ryan Sweeney or Will Venable. If they are already ready to throw in the towel on this season, then the move they made makes sense.

From what I remember, there wasn't a HR robbing catch in Halladay's Perfect game, which is the par tof the game I'm talking about, nice try. :p

Shane Victorino made a great catch at the warning track against someone (one of our bench players last year, I honestly can't remember who) that would have broken it up in the bottom of the 9th inning.

EDIT: It was Mike Lamb

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.