6/28 Post Game

CyggyMarlin

I wonder how the new stadium ticket sales are going?

OUCH

I hope Loria OKs the money for some big names in the offseason (something like the '97 pre-season) or the attendance won't matter in the new stadium

Well what we have now isn't going to do us anything unless a miracle happens in the next week. Everything I hear is that we lack some maturity AND more experience on the field. And we know Han Ram sure is lacking maturity. His contract is outdoing him.. :mad

I wonder how the new stadium ticket sales are going?

Samson said the losing skid has not adversely impacted season-ticket sales for the new ballpark.“We had a sales event at the headquarters on Thursday,� Samson said. “It was sold out. We did more business that day than any other previous day, and there was not a comment, either on the team doing well or the team not doing well.

“The [ticket] sales over the three weeks of the losing streak were improved over the sales of the prior week when we were 10 over. We’re not coming from a large base of season-ticket holders, so all of our fans are new fans in terms of buying the ballpark. So that’s what people are buying, the experience. It’s up to us to provide the winning, and we will.’

http://www.miamihera...-talks-get.html

Obviously, not "all" of the ticket buyers are new ticket buyers, that's pure hyperbole but certainly a very large share of them might be. Which would explain why sales haven't been affected. Yet. And assuming, of course, that Samson's characterization of sales in general is accurate.

If true, it's a good thing as nothing else is going to provide the bucks to pay for talent.

well i had the choice between seeing transformers at 12 or watching the game and I knew that if i stayed home i would just end up pulling my hair out.

i get home and the first words i see are "vazquez' stellar performance" and think win then i see "not enough". what do you know....a 1-0 loss and i left after the top of the first so we basically got no-hit after that.

well i had the choice between seeing transformers at 12 or watching the game and I knew that if i stayed home i would just end up pulling my hair out.

i get home and the first words i see are "vazquez' stellar performance" and think win then i see "not enough". what do you know....a 1-0 loss and i left after the top of the first so we basically got no-hit after that.

At home I pull my hair out, at Transformers I'd have blown my brains out.

At home I pull my hair out, at Transformers I'd have blown my brains out.

What? Transformers is a good movie series.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.