Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Worst Song Lyrics You've Ever Heard?

Featured Replies

  • Author

So music is not subject to individual interpretations?

 

 

I notice you get annoyed with people and claim that they put words into your mouth, just think about what you're doing right now.

You keep stating opinions and interpretations as fact. Is it unreasonable that someone might think some Bob Dylan songs are nonsense?

 

 

"I was thinkin' 'bout Alicia Keys, couldn't keep from crying

When she was born in Hell's Kitchen, I was living down the line

I'm wondering where in the world Alicia Keys could be

I been looking for her even clear through Tennessee"

 

That's not nonsense?

Many of Bob Dylan's songs are based on streams of conscious, and non-sequitors, especially his mid-60's stuff. I think it's entirely reasonable for someone to look at a song like "Highway 51 Revisited" and think it's nonsense.

  • Author

You keep stating opinions and interpretations as fact. Is it unreasonable that someone might think some Bob Dylan songs are nonsense?

 

 

 

 

Yes, it is unreasonable. There are such things as wrong opinions, you know.

 

When there is a widely accepted answer to something like this, there's a correct and an incorrect interpretation. There are some fair interpretations that can also be used, but simply stating what you did is not correct.

Miami has the Dolphins

The Greatest Football Team

We take the ball from goal to goal

Like no one`s ever seen

We`re in the air, we`re on the ground

We`re always in control

And when you say Miami

You`re talking Super Bowl

  • Author

"I was thinkin' 'bout Alicia Keys, couldn't keep from crying

When she was born in Hell's Kitchen, I was living down the line

I'm wondering where in the world Alicia Keys could be

I been looking for her even clear through Tennessee"

 

That's not nonsense?

 

 

Jesus Christ are you really doing this? You know I'm talking about songs such as "Like a Rolling Stone", "Blowin' in the Wind", "The Times They are A-Changin'".

 

I'm done here, this is a waste of time.

Many of Bob Dylan's songs are based on streams of conscious, and non-sequitors, especially his mid-60's stuff. I think it's entirely reasonable for someone to look at a song like "Highway 51 Revisited" and think it's nonsense.

 

He has given interviews himself where he says his lyrics are nonsense when asked what they mean. (Though he might just be messing with us.)

 

 

Also:

 

1, 2, 3, 14.

 

Read in Spanish.

  • Author

Sheesh when did this become the roast of Dr Beinfest?

 

Oh that's right. Around the time just after he roasted bobbob.

Sheesh when did this become the roast of Dr Beinfest?

 

Oh that's right. Around the time just after he roasted bobbob.

 

You just made me crave BBQ. And I live in North Carolina. Woot.

Electrified, we burn all night

Paralyzed by black and white

But who are you, and who am I

Electrified, we burn all night

 

I want you to fall apart like I did

You to hurt for all of this

All the pain you put me through

I wanna hear you say

I don't deserve you

Fall apart like I did

You to hurt for all of this

All the pain you put me through

I wanna hear you say

I don't deserve you

Fall apart

 

Terrified by waking eyes

The empty space you left behind

But who are you, and who I am

Terrified by waking eyes

 

I want you to fall apart like I did

You to hurt for all of this

All the pain you put me through

I wanna hear you say

I don't deserve you

Fall apart like I did

You to hurt for all of this

All the pain you put me through

I wanna hear you say

I don't deserve you

Fall apart

 

Oh oh oh, ohhh oh

Oh oh oh, ohhh oh

 

Electrified, we burn all night

 

I want you to fall apart like I did

You to hurt for all of this

All the pain you put me through

I wanna hear you say

I don't deserve you

Fall apart like I did

You to hurt for all of this

All the pain you put me through

I wanna hear you say

I don't deserve you

 

Electrified, we burn all night

 

 

I win this. I counted 12 (13 if you could the oohhh ohh crap) original lines in this song. There are 44 lines in this whole song, which means everything is repeated approximately 4 times. This band is garbage but even they have outdone themselves on this one.

Many of Bob Dylan's songs are based on streams of conscious, and non-sequitors, especially his mid-60's stuff. I think it's entirely reasonable for someone to look at a song like "Highway 51 Revisited" and think it's nonsense.

 

He has given interviews himself where he says his lyrics are nonsense when asked what they mean. (Though he might just be messing with us.)

 

 

Also:

 

1, 2, 3, 14.

 

Read in Spanish.

Some words sound better in other languages.

 

 

 

 

So music is not subject to individual interpretations?

 

"Bodies" by Drowning Pool is about moshing, but the lyrics also fit perfectly as a bully revenge song. It would definitely be the perfect song to play over the intercom on repeat while you're shooting up a school. Yes, that's disturbing. But when you've been through what I went through (for all 13 years of grade school, or as least as far back as I can remember) this is the stuff that's in your brain. Permanently apparently. I graduated n '96 and the mental scars are still there.

Based on the popularity of certain threads, I would bet close to half of the regulars on this board were bullied. If thats the stuff thats in your brain its not the bullies fault. Wanting to shoot the bullies responsible for your hell is one thing, but an entire school? Thats not healthy. I still fantasize about meeting those bullies now and showing them up, but I dont want to kill them....anymore. Anyways what im trying to say is that life is full of bullies. They can be a boss, coworker, illness, etc. They all make life hell in varying degrees but it is up to you to handle it in a healthy way.

 

Actually I didn't want to shoot up an entire school. I only wished harm to the bullies. I just meant if somebody did wanna go Columbine that song would be the perfect soundtrack. And also "Last Resort" by Papa Roach.

 

I happened to run into one about a year ago and the apologized to me. Though he wasn't in the top 10 so it wasn't all that cathartic.

Based on the popularity of certain threads, I would bet close to half of the regulars on this board were bullied. If thats the stuff thats in your brain its not the bullies fault. Wanting to shoot the bullies responsible for your hell is one thing, but an entire school? Thats not healthy. I still fantasize about meeting those bullies now and showing them up, but I dont want to kill them....anymore. Anyways what im trying to say is that life is full of bullies. They can be a boss, coworker, illness, etc. They all make life hell in varying degrees but it is up to you to handle it in a healthy way.

 

 

Preach my man!

To The Window....... (To The Window)

To The Wall... (To The Wall)

To The Sweat Drop Down My Ballz (My Ballz)

To All These B**ches Crawl (Crawl)

To All Skeet Skeet MotherFuc**rs (MotherFuc**rs)

To All Skeet Skeet God Damn (God Damn)

To All Skeet Skeet MotherFuc**rs (MotherFuc**rs)

To All Skeet Skeet G*d Damn (G*d Damn)

 

 

A poet.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.