December 20, 201114 yr You're a blind Jets fan. Inside the NFL between players, coaches on other teams the Jets are considered villians. They are beloved by the media. Rex Ryan can't scratch his ass without ESPN trying to do a story on it. They constantly stroke themselves to the thought of Mark Sanchez, LT, Bart Scott and his "can't wait!" comment, Revis(understanding), Cromartie. The point of my post was that even though you Jets fans and the media make it seem like Rexy and crew are far superior to most teams, you still have no title before the New York Jets name, you guys havn't won s**t. I know, shocking! No Super Bowl Champion New York Jets. No AFC Champion New York Jets. Not even AFC East Champion New York Jets, how about you go ask how important it is to the Patriots to win the division. Walk tall NY. Find me major media personalities who love the Jets, be my guest. Ines Sainz
December 22, 201114 yr Greenberg and Beadle are your own personal opinion. My opinion of them are that they are both irrationial Jets homers. But you win the overall arguement. I don't have the energy or will to go searching for the information I need to find. Not saying that I would or wouldn't find anything, just saying I would rather spend my time doing something else. *Waves white flag.*
December 22, 201114 yr All signs are pointing to Matt Barkley staying at USC. We'll find out at 4, though.
December 22, 201114 yr I did not see this coming. Now, I'm rooting for Colts to win out, so the Rams end up with the number one overall pick.
December 22, 201114 yr Even if that happens it's a longshot that the Rams would trade the pick to the Dolphins given where we are in the draft, unless we trade a TON of first rounders and a couple seconds. Barkley's going #1 next year barring a terrible season or freak injury.
December 22, 201114 yr And I expect us to give them what they want for Luck. Ross wants a QB. That's the bottom line. I know for a fact now that Barkley is back at USC, we'll be gunning for Luck.
December 22, 201114 yr Tannehill As a franchise QB? No. He's a second/third round average QB. Outside of Luck and Griffin, everybody else is a mediocre, mid round QB. We could POSSIBLY find mid to late round steals in Tyler Wilson and/or Russell Wilson, but Tyler is inconsistent at times and Russell is apparently a little small for the NFL. Weeden's a decent QB, but his age makes it incredibly hard to invest in him. Landry Jones is going to stay another year simply because he needs the senior year more than anybody else. He throws a lot of bad throws and INT's. Cousins is a Chase Daniels type prospect, and Kellen Moore has faced sub par competition and is under 6 feet tall. Nick Foles is another 3rd/4th round team looking for a diamond in the rough kind of player. Nobody is a sure thing in this draft. Luck and Barkley are the two guys I felt are the closest to being NFL ready in their first year. There's nobody else in this draft I feel comfortable throwing out there day 1 and saying "have at it". At this point, I'd rather just draft Russell Wilson late in the draft, see if Peyton Manning or some other vet is released, and probably just have Moore and Henne compete for the starting job next season. Depressing? Very, but unless a "Chad Pennington" situation falls out of the sky (or out of Indy ), then we're going to have another wasted season next year.
December 22, 201114 yr Well this sucks. It would be nice to trade for the #1 pick and draft Luck but possibly 4 first round picks is a heck of alot to give up. Would probably be alot easier to trade ahead of Washington and snag RG3. If the Dolphins don't do either who do you all want them to take with there top 10 pick? Or are you hoping they trade down?
December 22, 201114 yr Ryan Tannehill isn't a mid round prospect. And Weeden isn't a decent QB. They both have first round talent. At this point, we have to wait and see on the Colts. If they manage to fall out of number one spot, we can try and trade for Luck. If they keep it and release Manning, we possibly go that route. If none of that is an option and we can't have either Luck or Manning, drafting Tannehil/RG3 or trading down and then drafting Weeden are our best options. I think Moore can start next season if we pick RG3 or Tannehil.
December 22, 201114 yr Ryan Tannehill isn't a mid round prospect. And Weeden isn't a decent QB. They both have first round talent. At this point, we have to wait and see on the Colts. If they manage to fall out of number one spot, we can try and trade for Luck. If they keep it and release Manning, we possibly go that route. If none of that is an option and we can't have either Luck or Manning, drafting Tannehil/RG3 or trading down and then drafting Weeden are our best options. I think Moore can start next season if we pick RG3 or Tannehil. lulz I mean Tannehill could sneak into the 1st, but Weeden? No team's going to go anywhere near a 28 year old QB in the 1st. Just ask Weinke.
December 23, 201114 yr I'm pretty sure most see Tannehil as a legit first round pick, rather than a mid round pick. And I said first round TALENT. He may not go in the first round, but with his talent level he's the second best QB in the draft. Getting him in the second round would be a steal. I find the Chris Weinke comparison funny, btw. Don't compare them. The only thing that is similar between them is age, that's it.
December 23, 201114 yr Weinke didn't go early because of age. Nobody's taking a 28 year old in the first round. The first round is where you take a franchise changing QB for the next 10-15 years. A 28 year old can't even give you that much time. Hell, that's older than Aaron Rodgers, and he already sat behind Favre for a few years and has spent time as a starting QB while winning a Super Bowl. THAT'S how old Weeden is in terms of draft age. I'm not touching Weeden anytime before the 4th round, and that's specifically because of his age. Tannehill could go first simply because of Barkley and possibly Griffin not going into the draft. His numbers are big, but he's a 2nd or 3rd round guy if you compare him to last year's draft class QB's. ;Luck/Barkley/Griffin were the prize QB's. Little chance Griffin falls to us, and we'd have to trade our drafts for the next four years to get Luck (if we even can). There's no QB left worth investing your franchise in within the next year. At this point the only QB's I think the Dolphins should posssibly take are in the late rounds, maybe hoping for a diamond in the rough. It would be dumb to take a guy in the 1st or 2nd round who aren't 1st or 2nd round talents. Don't need to take guys simply because we feel we NEED to take a QB (like when we took Beck in the 2nd round). Take a guy like Tyler/Russell Wilson or Kellen Moore in the late late rounds, look for a vet in free agency, and probably start Matt Moore or Chad Henne next year. It's that simple. EDIT: I simply don't think Weeden's that special that you make a special case for him. Even if he was 22, I still think he'd be a late 1st/early 2nd round pick. Nothing really stands out about him. Luck/Barkley/Griffin are the guys who could come in and start within the next three years.
December 23, 201114 yr Wienke went in the 4th round because of age and because he was not very good. Weeden, on the other hand, is very good. In fact, even with Barkley, he was arguably the second most talented passer in this draft. I really, really doubt he goes in the 4th. I firmly believe he'll be a late first round pick, possibly a second round pick. If he does get picked in the 4th, he's a steal. No, Tannehil was viewed as a first round pick before Barkley announced he was staying at USC. He's a very good, but raw prospect. It's not that simple. We have a chance at Luck/Manning if the Colts end up with the first pick. We have a chance at Bradford/Luck if the Rams end up with the first pick. We have a chance at Griffin,Tannehil, who is a talented prospect, or Weeden if we cannot get Luck. Point is, we're not absolutely STUCK with Moore, and a late round QB. We have options. I disagree. I see Weeden as a better prospect than Barkley, but that's just my opinion. I see him as a MUCH better prospect than Griffin, who I like a lot. If he were 22, he'd be a top 5 pick.
December 23, 201114 yr Just for the record, I would not mind going into next season with Moore if he finishes these last two games strong. If we have no choice other than to stay with Moore, I would surround him with more weapons, or probably draft another pass rusher along side Wake.
December 23, 201114 yr Author I've said it before. Moore is an excellent stopgap QB. That doesn't mean we don't draft one or acquire one, but I just hope they don't try a quick fix.
December 23, 201114 yr Just for the record, I would not mind going into next season with Moore if he finishes these last two games strong. If we have no choice other than to stay with Moore, I would surround him with more weapons, or probably draft another pass rusher along side Wake. I'll just address this post, as we can argue forever about the above one. I agree with needing another pass rusher. If Coples falls, we should at least consider him. It sucks to say this, because I hate to keep taking lineup, but maybe take a RT like the guy from Iowa if it comes to that. Personally, I think this team needs a playmaker. If it was me, I'd take Blackmon if he falls to put him right next to Marshall (just like I wanted Dez Bryant next to Marshall in '10). If not Blackmon, consider Alshon Jeffries, who's got ideal size and quickness. The wild card pick I think of is Trent Richardson. I know we took Thomas 2nd round (traded up for him even) and Reggie Bush has emerged as a starter, but if Richardson falls down to our spot at around 8th (and he just might), I think the prospect of mixing a big, powerful, possibly future pro bowl RB like Richardson with the speed of Bush could create a Jonathon Stewart/Deangelo Williams style running attack. If we could get that, we could probably get away with Moore as our QB next year. It's still a LONG way until the draft, so it's wait and see mode, but as it stands now, if we can't get a QB and Justin Blackmon is gone, I actually want to take Trent Richardson. It sounds crazy, but he's BPA at 8, and he'd fit right in with our offense. I've said it before. Moore is an excellent stopgap QB. That doesn't mean we don't draft one or acquire one, but I just hope they don't try a quick fix. This is extremely important. I'm afraid Ross and our front office are desperate for a QB, and might just go after a guy like Landry Jones (if he comes out) and force him as "the guy" when he might not be ready for the job or good enough. I'm comfortable enough to spend another semi wasted year with Moore, just as long as we build some offensive firepower around him. The defense looks really nice (just like last year).
December 23, 201114 yr I don't think I would have a problem with Trent Richardson. Reggie Bush is a Free Agent after next season. I would rather not draft him, though. My ideal scenario would be Blackmokn falling. He's a freak and would be insane next to Marshall. Claiborne would be awesome, too. As would Reiff or Decastro. Or Coples.
December 23, 201114 yr Colts will still get the number 1 pick as long as they lose to Jacksonville (per Schefter). Houston is looking very beatable. If the Jets can make the playoffs, that would be a very favorable first round match up.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.