Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011-12 NFL Thread

Featured Replies

I finish tied atop the ESPN Pick'em standings after a 14/16 final week.

 

In a group, or for all of ESPN?

 

Just our group - with me

If I hadn't f***ed up and missed my 1pm picks like... 3 times... I'd have done well.

 

And you would have started a "How was your day?" thread to tell everyone about it, right?

  • Author

If I hadn't f***ed up and missed my 1pm picks like... 3 times... I'd have done well.

 

And you would have started a "How was your day?" thread to tell everyone about it, right?

 

Haterz evrywhur I go.

Is it greedy to want both Russell Wilson AND Montae Ball in this year's draft?

Glad Morris was fired. Hope the Bucs now get a HC with experience.

 

 

A lot of head coaches and GMs were fired today.

Well I definitely want Wilson. I'd want Ball if we didn't screw up by trading up last year to get Thomas.

 

But Russell Wilson in the 3rd or 4th round? Sign me up.

Looking at how Reggie Bush has emerged, the trading up aspect can be seen as unnecessary, especially since Demarco Murray was grabbed later in the draft. We lost draft picks and chose the wrong RB, thus making it a bust.

Looking at how Reggie Bush has emerged, the trading up aspect can be seen as unnecessary, especially since Demarco Murray was grabbed later in the draft. We lost draft picks and chose the wrong RB, thus making it a bust.

 

 

There are so many wrong things about this post.

Jeff Fisher is scheduled for an interview tommorrow. Gruden and Cowher turned us down, so he might be the best choice as far as experienced Head Coaches go.

Looking at how Reggie Bush has emerged, the trading up aspect can be seen as unnecessary, especially since Demarco Murray was grabbed later in the draft. We lost draft picks and chose the wrong RB, thus making it a bust.

 

 

There are so many wrong things about this post.

 

Well the trade isn't a bust because Bush emerged as better, but I'm still upset that we traded up for Thomas instead of Murray. Thomas is a decent running back, but I don't believe he's nearly as good as Murray is.

 

The draft pick fit a need, as we needed a running back. We just chose the wrong player.

 

As for Fisher, pass. That guy wasn't as successful in Tennessee as some people would make him out to be.

 

Go after Cowher and Gruden in that order. If they both say no, then turn to the second tier guys like Ryan, Chudzinski, Bowles, etc... I don't want any part in Fisher.

Looking at how Reggie Bush has emerged, the trading up aspect can be seen as unnecessary, especially since Demarco Murray was grabbed later in the draft. We lost draft picks and chose the wrong RB, thus making it a bust.

 

 

There are so many wrong things about this post.

 

Well the trade isn't a bust because Bush emerged as better, but I'm still upset that we traded up for Thomas instead of Murray. Thomas is a decent running back, but I don't believe he's nearly as good as Murray is.

 

The draft pick fit a need, as we needed a running back. We just chose the wrong player.

 

You need to give Thomas more than one season. He could be better. Besides, a lot of people saw Thomas as a better prospect than Murray

Colts should just draft Luck, trade peyton for picks and draft Blackmon. Go to war with Luck/Blackmon for the next 10 years

No one is trading for Manning. Just draft Luck and move on from Manning.

 

 

Why would you say that? The Colts have talked nonstop about "rebuilding". They know the distraction having Luck on the bench could cause. It's extremely likely they'll at the very least consider trading Manning this offseason. Manning has good value still. He's a year removed from another 10+ win season and an MVP award. He'll garner possibly a 1st round tag, probably a couple mid round picks.

 

Hell, getting Manning would be my #1 priority of I'm Ireland.

 

Justin Blackmon is putting on a ridiculous show in the Fiesta Bowl. I was hoping somehow he'd still be there when the Jags pick but there's probably no chance of that. Dude's a beast.

 

Fantastic game also.

 

 

I thought he could maybe drop, but with this kind of game...I think he is gonna convince the Rams to choose him over Kalil.

Because no one is going to trade for Peyton Manning with his price tag, and with his risk of injury. This is even if he plays next season. Manning will either be kept by the Colts, while Andrew Luck sits, or released before they the 28 million dollar cap hit.

 

If anyone does, I'll be stunned. And if it's MIami, I'll be pissed. That would be a terrible trade.

You do know that team's do trades and then agree to restructured contracts, right? Both Reggie Bush and Ochocinco were traded this offseason with the contracts being redone to account for the cap structure. I expect Peyton to get traded, and the team that trades for him gets a restructured contract with that cap number going way down.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.