Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011-12 NFL Thread

Featured Replies

  • Author

He's a fine option to have on the field slotted as a tailback but while another QB is on the field. Two of them on the field creates a nightmare of options for a defense where it becomes easier to spot out gaps in defense if your line holds up well.

 

But no, Tebow is not a quarterback. 9/10 times he did nothing but influence his team to lose. Not enough credit is given all around that team, who really put themselves together.

 

If he can block and catch, then it might be interesting. Otherwise, I'm not sure he's worth losing a skill position spot on the field.

 

Dude's a tank. I imagine he can block just fine (for an RB). As for catching, I dunno about that.

Tebow takes over a 1-4 team that was destined to be a part of the "Andrew Luck Sweepstakes" and takes them all the way to a 1st round playoff victory, something us Dolphins fans can't say we've seen in a decade.

 

The numbers are awful, but sometimes I believe people are just looking for petty reasons to knock on Tebow because of the media's coverage of him. The things he has done for this Broncos team speaks for itself. He redefined the Broncos offense (although Fox's playcalling for him is so conservative it brings back memories of Addazio ruining Tebow his last two years at UF), and he helped make the running game matter again in the NFL.

 

The offensive style might be a bit of a fad, but Tebow's staying in the NFL for longer than any of you think. And those questioning whether he should be starter next season over BRADY FREAKING QUINN should bang their heads against a glass window until it bleeds.

The comment of "Tebow helped cause his team lose 9/10 times" is the dumbest. He did exactly what he was told to do, keep the game close until the end and not turn over the ball. He did that. I'd take him over the numerous amount of QB's who turn over the ball with INT's.

The comment of "Tebow helped cause his team lose 9/10 times" is the dumbest. He did exactly what he was told to do, keep the game close until the end and not turn over the ball. He did that. I'd take him over the numerous amount of QB's who turn over the ball with INT's.

 

 

He had 15 14 fumbles and 6 INT's this season. Nobody in their right minds would take Tebow as their starting QB over anybody in the league. Numbers are there, hes dead last or close to in every single category. He's bad. Period.

You mean 12 TD's and 6 INT's in 11 games in bad? I call that game manager. I don't see people being completely angered by Alex Smith being the same exact thing.

 

And I have no idea where you came up with this 15 fumbles stat, as it doesn't exist. ESPN lists 6 fumbles, with 2 lost. And that's because he had 660 yards on 5.4 ypc as a QB, which is a dimension that not a lot of QB's bring to the position. If you include the 6 rushing TD's he had, he was 18 TD's 6 INT's in the season IN HIS SECOND SEASON AS A STARTING QB!!! Hell, he still hasn't had a full season. I see rookie QB's getting a ton of leeway early in their careers, and people look at Tebow and complain, saying he should be out of the league if he doesn't put up all star numbers every game.

 

Obviously Tebow's not destined for the Hall of Fame in terms of his passing abilities, but saying you'd take ANYBODY IN THE NFL over Tebow is irrational Tebow hate, and it's obvious.

 

I've never seen a group of people just waiting to pounce on every little mistake a player makes because the media covers him extensively for his humanitarian work and his strong religious values. I think it's a mix of jealousy and people just wanting to hate on whatever the current fad is.

  • Author

I don't see people glorifying Alex Smith as the QB that carried his team into the playoffs because it was God's will to meddle into sports and help the San Francisco 49ers get closer to the Super Bowl.

 

That's just the point. Alex Smith is nothing special. The San Francisco 49ers are.

 

What Tim Tebow did was nothing special. What the Denver Broncos did was. End of story.

You mean 12 TD's and 6 INT's in 11 games in bad? I call that game manager. I don't see people being completely angered by Alex Smith being the same exact thing.

 

And I have no idea where you came up with this 15 fumbles stat, as it doesn't exist. ESPN lists 6 fumbles, with 2 lost. And that's because he had 660 yards on 5.4 ypc as a QB, which is a dimension that not a lot of QB's bring to the position. If you include the 6 rushing TD's he had, he was 18 TD's 6 INT's in the season IN HIS SECOND SEASON AS A STARTING QB!!! Hell, he still hasn't had a full season. I see rookie QB's getting a ton of leeway early in their careers, and people look at Tebow and complain, saying he should be out of the league if he doesn't put up all star numbers every game.

 

Obviously Tebow's not destined for the Hall of Fame in terms of his passing abilities, but saying you'd take ANYBODY IN THE NFL over Tebow is irrational Tebow hate, and it's obvious.

 

I've never seen a group of people just waiting to pounce on every little mistake a player makes because the media covers him extensively for his humanitarian work and his strong religious values. I think it's a mix of jealousy and people just wanting to hate on whatever the current fad is.

 

 

Excuse me, 14 fumbles , not 15 (6 lost). And yes, 12TD's and 6 INT's is really, really bad.

 

lol, 660 yards on 5.4ypc is totally negated with a 45% completion rating.

I don't see people glorifying Alex Smith as the QB that carried his team into the playoffs because it was God's will to meddle into sports and help the San Francisco 49ers get closer to the Super Bowl.

 

That's just the point. Alex Smith is nothing special. The San Francisco 49ers are.

 

What Tim Tebow did was nothing special. What the Denver Broncos did was. End of story.

 

 

So because the media glorifies Tebow and his beliefs, that makes him a much worse quarterback than his actual abilities are?

 

I believe you're mistaking the idea of Tebow being a terrible NFL QB for Tebow not being the type of QB that deserves 24/7 coverage on ESPN. You, like many irrational people right now, attack Tebow (who's a game manager and a middle of the pack QB, not one who, like somebody mentioned stupidly, "would be the last QB taken if you could choose one of the QB's from all in the league).

 

The Tebow hate is hilarious.

You mean 12 TD's and 6 INT's in 11 games in bad? I call that game manager. I don't see people being completely angered by Alex Smith being the same exact thing.

 

And I have no idea where you came up with this 15 fumbles stat, as it doesn't exist. ESPN lists 6 fumbles, with 2 lost. And that's because he had 660 yards on 5.4 ypc as a QB, which is a dimension that not a lot of QB's bring to the position. If you include the 6 rushing TD's he had, he was 18 TD's 6 INT's in the season IN HIS SECOND SEASON AS A STARTING QB!!! Hell, he still hasn't had a full season. I see rookie QB's getting a ton of leeway early in their careers, and people look at Tebow and complain, saying he should be out of the league if he doesn't put up all star numbers every game.

 

Obviously Tebow's not destined for the Hall of Fame in terms of his passing abilities, but saying you'd take ANYBODY IN THE NFL over Tebow is irrational Tebow hate, and it's obvious.

 

I've never seen a group of people just waiting to pounce on every little mistake a player makes because the media covers him extensively for his humanitarian work and his strong religious values. I think it's a mix of jealousy and people just wanting to hate on whatever the current fad is.

 

 

Excuse me, 14 fumbles , not 15 (6 lost). And yes, 12TD's and 6 INT's is really, really bad.

 

12 TD's and 6 INT's is terrible? Are you actually serious with that comment?

 

I mean really? Really? Really? You are the worst type of Tebow hater if you actually believe that.

  • Author

So because the media glorifies Tebow and his beliefs, that makes him a much worse quarterback than his actual abilities are?

 

I believe you're mistaking the idea of Tebow being a terrible NFL QB for Tebow not being the type of QB that deserves 24/7 coverage on ESPN. You, like many irrational people right now, attack Tebow (who's a game manager and a middle of the pack QB, not one who, like somebody mentioned stupidly, "would be the last QB taken if you could choose one of the QB's from all in the league).

 

The Tebow hate is hilarious.

 

 

Yes, that's what I said.

 

The point is that he doesn't have abilities, but because the Denver Broncos were able to pull off a win and the fact that Tim Tebow already has this 'name' for himself, he gets all the credit. And apparently so does God.

 

Tim Tebow is a terrible NFL QB. Will he always be that way? I don't know. Was he that way this season? Yes. His team was excellent and carried him through the season. He had an opportunity to beat a beaten up, injured Pittsburgh Steelers team in the playoffs.

 

He had a good game or two during the season, otherwise. Outside of that, all of the credit goes to his team and his coaching staff who worked their asses off and played the right cards.

 

It's not hate, it's reality. You're irrational because you don't want to hear it.

It's irrational to call a guy a terrible QB after 15 regular season starts, a playoff victory, a 2:1 TD to INT ratio, and late game, pressure throws that it takes years before you see many QB's even have the balls the throw.

 

The team didn't carry Tebow, Tebow and the team did everything they did together. Tebow and the offensive scheme helped turn one of the worst rushing games before he arrived into one of the best. Tebow made the throws to give his team the chance to win the game late in close games. He followed the scheme that ensured close games so that the Broncos offense could methodically work their way towards close victories. For all the Tebow hate and the talk of him being "carried", they (and you) don't realize that Tebow played as much a part of the Broncos 7-4 record and playoff victory during his time at QB this season as the defense, the coaching staff, the running backs, the WR's, EVERYBODY.

 

It's not me closing my ears and ignoring the facts, its you looking at a quarter and telling me its only worth a dime.

You mean 12 TD's and 6 INT's in 11 games in bad? I call that game manager. I don't see people being completely angered by Alex Smith being the same exact thing.

 

And I have no idea where you came up with this 15 fumbles stat, as it doesn't exist. ESPN lists 6 fumbles, with 2 lost. And that's because he had 660 yards on 5.4 ypc as a QB, which is a dimension that not a lot of QB's bring to the position. If you include the 6 rushing TD's he had, he was 18 TD's 6 INT's in the season IN HIS SECOND SEASON AS A STARTING QB!!! Hell, he still hasn't had a full season. I see rookie QB's getting a ton of leeway early in their careers, and people look at Tebow and complain, saying he should be out of the league if he doesn't put up all star numbers every game.

 

Obviously Tebow's not destined for the Hall of Fame in terms of his passing abilities, but saying you'd take ANYBODY IN THE NFL over Tebow is irrational Tebow hate, and it's obvious.

 

I've never seen a group of people just waiting to pounce on every little mistake a player makes because the media covers him extensively for his humanitarian work and his strong religious values. I think it's a mix of jealousy and people just wanting to hate on whatever the current fad is.

 

 

Excuse me, 14 fumbles , not 15 (6 lost). And yes, 12TD's and 6 INT's is really, really bad.

 

12 TD's and 6 INT's is terrible? Are you actually serious with that comment?

 

I mean really? Really? Really? You are the worst type of Tebow hater if you actually believe that.

 

Wait are we being serious here? 12TD's and 6 INT's in 12 games? Maybe not horrible... mediocre maybe?

You mean 12 TD's and 6 INT's in 11 games in bad? I call that game manager. I don't see people being completely angered by Alex Smith being the same exact thing.

 

And I have no idea where you came up with this 15 fumbles stat, as it doesn't exist. ESPN lists 6 fumbles, with 2 lost. And that's because he had 660 yards on 5.4 ypc as a QB, which is a dimension that not a lot of QB's bring to the position. If you include the 6 rushing TD's he had, he was 18 TD's 6 INT's in the season IN HIS SECOND SEASON AS A STARTING QB!!! Hell, he still hasn't had a full season. I see rookie QB's getting a ton of leeway early in their careers, and people look at Tebow and complain, saying he should be out of the league if he doesn't put up all star numbers every game.

 

Obviously Tebow's not destined for the Hall of Fame in terms of his passing abilities, but saying you'd take ANYBODY IN THE NFL over Tebow is irrational Tebow hate, and it's obvious.

 

I've never seen a group of people just waiting to pounce on every little mistake a player makes because the media covers him extensively for his humanitarian work and his strong religious values. I think it's a mix of jealousy and people just wanting to hate on whatever the current fad is.

 

 

Excuse me, 14 fumbles , not 15 (6 lost). And yes, 12TD's and 6 INT's is really, really bad.

 

12 TD's and 6 INT's is terrible? Are you actually serious with that comment?

 

I mean really? Really? Really? You are the worst type of Tebow hater if you actually believe that.

 

Wait are we being serious here? 12TD's and 6 INT's in 12 games? Maybe not horrible... mediocre maybe?

 

There you go. Wording is key. He was a middle of the line QB this season. For a guy with 17 career starts (including the playoffs), that's not bad, especially if you account for the 660+ yards and 6 rushing TD's he added on the ground.

Upon looking at the stats, 6 INT's really aren't that bad. The low amount of passing touchdowns is bad, yes, but 6 interceptions is not at all "bad" in 12 games. That's an interception every other game, that's actually pretty good.

 

Alex Smith had just 5 interceptions all season, Rodgers had just 6, so on and so forth.

 

One knock I have against Tebow about his on-field play is he seems to be afraid to throw a ball away to save himself from being sacked. 33 sacks in 12 games, not good. He'll learn that, though.

 

 

 

Now, I agree with Dr B saying that Tebow really isn't anything special as of right now, and it was annoying to hear "Tebow leads the Broncos to the play-offs," when it was, and always has been, a team effort. The defense was good enough to keep them in games to allow Tebow to make the comebacks that he did. That's why people dislike Tebow more than they should, in my opinion, because he's getting every bit of credit that an entire team should be getting. I'm sure the Broncos players didn't like hearing that it was just Tebow leading them.

 

 

 

 

Now ...

 

Giants 10

Packers 10

^^^

 

*added to end of your post*

 

but media coverage should not skew your overall opinion on a quarterbacks abilities.

It doesn't skew my opinion of him, it's more I'd wish they wouldn't call him "great," or even "good" just yet.

 

 

I mean like Qbad saying earlier in this thread that he'd taking any quarterback in the NFL currently over Tebow, and Dr. Beinfest consistently calling him a terrible quarterback because he doesn't like the media saying God helps Tebow win. That's what I'm talking about with the "skewed" opinions.

It doesn't skew my opinion of him, it's more I'd wish they wouldn't call him "great," or even "good" just yet.

 

 

I mean like Qbad saying earlier in this thread that he'd taking any quarterback in the NFL currently over Tebow, and Dr. Beinfest consistently calling him a terrible quarterback because he doesn't like the media saying God helps Tebow win. That's what I'm talking about with the "skewed" opinions.

 

It's because he IS terrible. Are you not watching the same sport I'm watching? He misses wide open receivers by about 10 yards. Havent you ever noticed, everytime he makes a throw THEYRE ALWAYS OPENED! He cant read the defense If his life depended on it, his mechanics are non-existant... I don't know what you see in him.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.