Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011-12 NFL Thread

Featured Replies

The Chiefs beat the Packers. 19-14

 

The '72 Dolphins survive another season. :dancehead :cheers

 

 

34-16 NE with 10:46 to go in the 4th quarter. No Tebow miracles today. :sheeprope

..posting that at 4:20 was a complete accident too. ha!

 

Huh? Is 420 police code for drugs or something?

http://en.wikipedia....abis_culture%29

Thanks. Why were all the smart asses acting like it was common knowledge? I think you were one of them, but at least you answered the question(eventually).

 

You could've Googled it. Or is that how aliens can track you?

..posting that at 4:20 was a complete accident too. ha!

 

Huh? Is 420 police code for drugs or something?

http://en.wikipedia....abis_culture%29

Thanks. Why were all the smart asses acting like it was common knowledge? I think you were one of them, but at least you answered the question(eventually).

 

You could've Googled it. Or is that how aliens can track you?

How? I didn't have the slightest clue what it meant. Goggling 420 wouldn't have done me any good. Although I was on the right track before and could've went from there.

http://en.wikipedia....abis_culture%29

Thanks. Why were all the smart asses acting like it was common knowledge? I think you were one of them, but at least you answered the question(eventually).

 

 

You could've Googled it. Or is that how aliens can track you?

How? I didn't have the slightest clue what it meant. Goggling 420 wouldn't have done me any good. Although I was on the right track before and could've went from there.

 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=420&l=1

  • Author

Yeah, 4:20 is the sequel to 3:10 [to Yuma].

 

Yea.. they were trying to make the 3:10 train but got way too stoned and were late.. had to take the 4:20 train.

 

I think you're getting mixed up with The Toking on Pelham 123.

How awesome would it be to keep the Jets out of the playoffs the last week of the season?

 

I wouldn't be mad at all if the Giants went ahead and did it though.

How awesome would it be to keep the Jets out of the playoffs the last week of the season?

 

I wouldn't be mad at all if the Giants went ahead and did it though.

 

It would be awesome that the Dolphins would finish off another pathetic 6-win season! Go team!

How awesome would it be to keep the Jets out of the playoffs the last week of the season?

 

I wouldn't be mad at all if the Giants went ahead and did it though.

 

It would be awesome that the Dolphins would finish off another pathetic 6-win season! Go team!

 

I'll take another pathetic 6 win season if it means the Jets don't luck their way into the post season again...

How awesome would it be to keep the Jets out of the playoffs the last week of the season?

 

I wouldn't be mad at all if the Giants went ahead and did it though.

 

It would be awesome that the Dolphins would finish off another pathetic 6-win season! Go team!

 

I'll take another pathetic 6 win season if it means the Jets don't luck their way into the post season again...

Luck their way to 2 straight AFC Championship games? Okay....

I'll take another pathetic 6 win season if it means watching the Jets get so close to the Super Bowl and fail.

How awesome would it be to keep the Jets out of the playoffs the last week of the season?

 

I wouldn't be mad at all if the Giants went ahead and did it though.

 

It would be awesome that the Dolphins would finish off another pathetic 6-win season! Go team!

 

I'll take another pathetic 6 win season if it means the Jets don't luck their way into the post season again...

 

Unfortunately, you'll have to take a pathetic season because you do not have a choice.

Glad to see you two aren't denying the fact that the Jets got lucky and accepting it.

 

 

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything/why it matters? They made the playoffs the past two season, I have accepted that.

 

I will say they have been lucky the past two weeks with the Titans and Raiders each losing twice.

Reggie Bush is going to be a 1,000 yard back this year :| :| :| :| :|

 

 

If not more yards, and he should score 8 to 10 touchdowns. Great signing, proved me wrong for sure.

For all the noise about the Jets since Rex became coach, they sure don't have alot to show.

 

Super Bowl? Nope.

Conference Championship? Nope.

Division Title? Nope.

 

Oh wait, they have made the playoffs! Damn does that separate them from just about every team in the league. I see now why they are media darlings.

For all the noise about the Jets since Rex became coach, they sure don't have alot to show.

 

Super Bowl? Nope.

Conference Championship? Nope.

Division Title? Nope.

 

Oh wait, they have made the playoffs! Damn does that separate them from just about every team in the league. I see now why they are media darlings.

 

Are you serious with this crap?

 

First of all, they are a villain much more often than a darling; they get a lot of press because they have a lot of fans and a coach who makes a lot of noise.

 

And a Conference Championship appearance, let alone two, is a lot more impressive than a division title. And it's in the first two years for a new coach and a young QB.

 

If you really think your post makes sense, then you're an idiot.

You're a blind Jets fan. Inside the NFL between players, coaches on other teams the Jets are considered villians. They are beloved by the media. Rex Ryan can't scratch his ass without ESPN trying to do a story on it. They constantly stroke themselves to the thought of Mark Sanchez, LT, Bart Scott and his "can't wait!" comment, Revis(understanding), Cromartie.

 

The point of my post was that even though you Jets fans and the media make it seem like Rexy and crew are far superior to most teams, you still have no title before the New York Jets name, you guys havn't won s**t. I know, shocking!

 

No Super Bowl Champion New York Jets.

 

No AFC Champion New York Jets.

 

Not even AFC East Champion New York Jets, how about you go ask how important it is to the Patriots to win the division.

 

Walk tall NY.

Rex Ryan's a good coach. The Jets have been one of the most successful NFL teams since Ryan took over.

 

I'm a Fins fan and hate the Jets, but c'mon. Give credit where credit is due. The Jets went from Mangini basically wasting a year turning their team into the New York Favre's into Rex Ryan's tough, hard nose, 2000 Ravens style defense. Rex Ryan talks a huge game, but when it comes to the X's and O's, Ryan's one of the top ten, possibly five coaches in the NFL today.

 

I think it was a HUGE mistake that we passed on Ryan in 08 for Sparano (we also passed on Whisenhunt and Tomlin...Parcells FTW!)

You're a blind Jets fan. Inside the NFL between players, coaches on other teams the Jets are considered villians. They are beloved by the media. Rex Ryan can't scratch his ass without ESPN trying to do a story on it. They constantly stroke themselves to the thought of Mark Sanchez, LT, Bart Scott and his "can't wait!" comment, Revis(understanding), Cromartie.

 

The point of my post was that even though you Jets fans and the media make it seem like Rexy and crew are far superior to most teams, you still have no title before the New York Jets name, you guys havn't won s**t. I know, shocking!

 

No Super Bowl Champion New York Jets.

 

No AFC Champion New York Jets.

 

Not even AFC East Champion New York Jets, how about you go ask how important it is to the Patriots to win the division.

 

Walk tall NY.

 

Find me major media personalities who love the Jets, be my guest. They are ripped far more often.. Michelle Beadle is a fan but is critical more often than not; same with Mike Greenberg when I listen to him. As I said, they get attention, but Ryan's talking is ripped on frequently, especially this year; Sanchez is constantly ripped (and even if he deserves it, they're not loved like you're claiming).

 

Please find me anyone praising Cromartie. That has to be a joke. And Bart Scott is actually underrated, if anything, since he's not a big numbers kind of guy. So he had a great quote and is in a Sears commercial? And ESPN played it a lot when the Jets played and won in Gilette Stadium?

 

And you brought up the topic, not me, not jetsmania, you did. And please, go ahead and find either of us putting the team on a pedestal -- you'll fail. I can't speak for Jets fans in general, and I'm sure they're obnoxious, just like any other fan base,and maybe even more so with the NY attitude. But you're changing your argument.

 

I have no idea what you mean with the Patriots comment. Winning the division hasn't done them any good since Spygate, as far as winning championships goes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.