October 12, 201114 yr I haven't tried Sir Pizza yet, but square slices and crumbled pepperoni sounds a lot like that the "pizza" (and I use that term loosely) they used to serve in the school cafeteria back in the day. The cheese was like plastic and I'm sure it was pumped full of presvatives and artificial flavoring, but damn they were delicious. Sicilian pizza has square slices. School pizza was delicious. But school Mexican pizza(aka tostada) was to die for. Does anyone know where you can get Mexican pizza that is like school Mexican pizza?
October 12, 201114 yr I haven't tried Sir Pizza yet, but square slices and crumbled pepperoni sounds a lot like that the "pizza" (and I use that term loosely) they used to serve in the school cafeteria back in the day. The cheese was like plastic and I'm sure it was pumped full of presvatives and artificial flavoring, but damn they were delicious. Frankie's Pizza, down on Bird & SW 92nd Ave also sells pizza by the square slice. http://www.frankiespizzaonline.com/ I love how Frankie's will give you a "plain cheese slice" to go on top of your pizza box. So you can eat that and not go into the box and get a slice before you get it home - the rest of the family always hates those that steal an extra slice :lol
October 12, 201114 yr Casola's or GTFO Haven't had those in years. Those things were almost as big as the hood of my car. Are you sure you guys don't mean Cozzoli's? Those are humongous too. At least they were the last time I had a slice. No, Cozzoli's is something else. There used to be one of those in Main Street in Miami Lakes. Don't think I ever ate there. I think Cozzoli's is a chain, it's nothing special. Casola's however is legendary. *actually legendary might be a little strong... actually I haven't been there in years. It was good huge late night pizza, which probably isn't saying much. What I'm saying is that it was great at college at 2 in the morning after a bunch of beer is what I'm saying. also amen for Big Cheese :thumbup
October 12, 201114 yr Frankie's Pizza is really close to where I live and I've never checked it out. I think I'll go this weekend.
October 13, 201114 yr Casola's or GTFO Haven't had those in years. Those things were almost as big as the hood of my car. Are you sure you guys don't mean Cozzoli's? Those are humongous too. At least they were the last time I had a slice. No, Cozzoli's is something else. There used to be one of those in Main Street in Miami Lakes. Don't think I ever ate there. I think Cozzoli's is a chain, it's nothing special. Casola's however is legendary. *actually legendary might be a little strong... actually I haven't been there in years. It was good huge late night pizza, which probably isn't saying much. What I'm saying is that it was great at college at 2 in the morning after a bunch of beer is what I'm saying. also amen for Big Cheese :thumbup I would always get the ham and cheese. The ham always looked like it was placed on top with a large shovel.
October 15, 201114 yr never heard of sir pizza... I have an intense love for the doughboy's pizza place up in lauderdale
October 15, 201114 yr Casola's or GTFO Haven't had those in years. Those things were almost as big as the hood of my car. Are you sure you guys don't mean Cozzoli's? Those are humongous too. At least they were the last time I had a slice. No, Cozzoli's is something else. There used to be one of those in Main Street in Miami Lakes. Don't think I ever ate there. I think Cozzoli's is a chain, it's nothing special. Casola's however is legendary. *actually legendary might be a little strong... actually I haven't been there in years. It was good huge late night pizza, which probably isn't saying much. What I'm saying is that it was great at college at 2 in the morning after a bunch of beer is what I'm saying. also amen for Big Cheese :thumbup Here is Casola's website menu.... http://www.casolas.com/ only been around since 1982. I would have thought a lot longer. Believe it or not, I've never eaten there. Will have to now......have to try out their lasagna, I always try everyone's lasagna ! You make good lasagna, then most everything else you make is pretty good.
October 15, 201114 yr Frankie's Pizza is really close to where I live and I've never checked it out. I think I'll go this weekend. Frankie's is very good. I like to get the half-bake and take it home and cook it and then eat it right out of the oven. Don't expect to sit down at Frankie's, its take out only with a high counter to lean on and smell the pizza's as they sizzle in the ovens.
October 15, 201114 yr I would always get the ham and cheese. The ham always looked like it was placed on top with a large shovel. At Casola's or Big Cheese ? It could be either one, especially the Big Cheese, they always do "family style portions".
October 15, 201114 yr Casola's = Amazing Now I really have to try this place out.......I'm getting hungry reading this thread !!!
October 16, 201114 yr Finally had some Casola's tonight for the first time in years. It's no longer the dive I remember, which is kinda disappointing since I like eating at dives, but the Pizza was still awesome.
October 16, 201114 yr Finally had some Casola's tonight for the first time in years. It's no longer the dive I remember, which is kinda disappointing since I like eating at dives, but the Pizza was still awesome. jesus christ i want pizza right now.
October 19, 201114 yr Sir pizza is alright but its FAR too expensive. A personal pizza is 10 bucks now at the restaurant. unless they rig up some different size for the park or a special volume price, I can't imagine how expensive it'll be at the stadium. Should've been Salvatore's next to flannigans in hialeah lol...hell, should've been flannigans
October 19, 201114 yr Finally had some Casola's tonight for the first time in years. It's no longer the dive I remember, which is kinda disappointing since I like eating at dives, but the Pizza was still awesome. Man it looks good !!!! Making me hungry again !
October 19, 201114 yr Sir pizza is alright but its FAR too expensive. A personal pizza is 10 bucks now at the restaurant. unless they rig up some different size for the park or a special volume price, I can't imagine how expensive it'll be at the stadium. Should've been Salvatore's next to flannigans in hialeah lol...hell, should've been flannigans I thought I was exaggerating when I guessed $10.00 a slice earlier in the thread. I actually underestimated? :o
October 19, 201114 yr Sir pizza is alright but its FAR too expensive. A personal pizza is 10 bucks now at the restaurant. unless they rig up some different size for the park or a special volume price, I can't imagine how expensive it'll be at the stadium. Should've been Salvatore's next to flannigans in hialeah lol...hell, should've been flannigans Yeah I was umimpressed by paying $ 19.60 for delivery of a 10" pizza. I can get The Big Cheese to deliver a 16" pizza for $ 22. I consumed the whole 10" in one sitting, and for $ 3 more I can have pizza for 2 meals.
October 20, 201114 yr Sir pizza is alright but its FAR too expensive. A personal pizza is 10 bucks now at the restaurant. unless they rig up some different size for the park or a special volume price, I can't imagine how expensive it'll be at the stadium. Should've been Salvatore's next to flannigans in hialeah lol...hell, should've been flannigans Yeah I was umimpressed by paying $ 19.60 for delivery of a 10" pizza. I can get The Big Cheese to deliver a 16" pizza for $ 22. I consumed the whole 10" in one sitting, and for $ 3 more I can have pizza for 2 meals. Sounds like 'Miami's best most-expensive Pizza'
October 20, 201114 yr I cant believe we have two pages of Sir Pizza talk and I havent made a single post. People worship Sir Pizza up here. We'd take some of my wife's old college friends from up north to the local Sir pizza and they thought it was the best thing ever. Of course considering there is not a whole lot of choices in the city for eating when im working(8 or 9 at most) Sir Pizza gets old every once and a while. Heres a link to my local one. http://www.heartofnorthcarolina.com/things-to-do/index.pl?id=233
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.