Yu Darvish

Iowa

His posting fee would be insane, and his actual contract would be a risk, but this kid is friggin' awesome.

Personally his signing with the Marlins would mean a lot to me, but I'm thrilled he's potentially going to be in the MLB at all. It doesn't make sense financially for the Marlins though when you consider the posting fee.

Yu is an amazing pitcher, but I'm leary of how he will translate over to mlb.

5 straight years of an ERA under 2 is pretty phenominal no matter where you are.

Yu is an amazing pitcher, but I'm leary of how he will translate over to mlb.

5 straight years of an ERA under 2 is pretty phenominal no matter where you are.

I know, but this guys posting fee will probably approach dice-k levels, can we afford that?

Do you get the sealed bid back if it's not the highest?

You get the bid back if its not the highest.. and I'm pretty sure you get the money back if you can't reach an agreement with the player.

so how do teams play this game, why do they have to play this game? It's so wierd. It's like playing a high stakes poker game. ohw much would Miami hae to bid to get the rights to talk? Who gets the money from the bid? The team or the player?

Do you get the sealed bid back if it's not the highest?

You get the bid back if its not the highest.. and I'm pretty sure you get the money back if you can't reach an agreement with the player.

so how do teams play this game, why do they have to play this game? It's so wierd. It's like playing a high stakes poker game. ohw much would Miami hae to bid to get the rights to talk? Who gets the money from the bid? The team or the player?

Because he's under contract overseas.. this is their way of getting something in return for letting a player out of his contract. As far as how much, I have no idea... that's up to the teams bidding. I'm guessing all bids are private so the teams bidding have to make a pretty educated guess.