February 10, 201214 yr Cespedes had lunch on Wednesday with Marlins officials as MLB cameras captured footage for Showtime's reality series about the ballclub that is scheduled to air this summer. http://miami.marlins...ws_mia&c_id=mia Am I the last to hear about this? Is next season's "The Franchise" focusing on the Marlins?
February 10, 201214 yr http://forums.marlinsbaseball.com/topic/95828-the-franchise/page__view__findpost__p__2102032
February 10, 201214 yr I was just about to make a post on this right after I read it. Beat me to it. Damn you.
February 11, 201214 yr In their defense, I never saw anything actually confirming that it was a done deal. Just speculation that it was close to a deal.
February 11, 201214 yr In their defense, I never saw anything actually confirming that it was a done deal. Just speculation that it was close to a deal. exactly. I havent heard that it was formally announced from the network
February 11, 201214 yr In their defense, I never saw anything actually confirming that it was a done deal. Just speculation that it was close to a deal. exactly. I havent heard that it was formally announced from the network I actually just read a few minutes ago on the Post blog that it could be announced this week, and several players that are already in camp are under the impression that it's a done deal.
February 11, 201214 yr According to an article on Cespedes, can remember which one it was, the writer mentions that Showtimes cameras were there as they showed Cespedes the Stadium.
February 11, 201214 yr In their defense, I never saw anything actually confirming that it was a done deal. Just speculation that it was close to a deal. exactly. I havent heard that it was formally announced from the network I would think Showtime would want to have some actual footage before the official announcement.
February 11, 201214 yr Cespedes had lunch on Wednesday with Marlins officials as MLB cameras captured footage for Showtime's reality series about the ballclub that is scheduled to air this summer. http://florida.marli...ws_mia&c_id=mia
February 13, 201214 yr Author And I just cancelled showtime and cinemax... crapola. I guess I'll have to find another way to watch the series. :pirate P.S. 15.99 a piece for showtime and cinemax after the honeymoon is over with Comcast, F***ers.
February 13, 201214 yr And I just cancelled showtime and cinemax... crapola. I guess I'll have to find another way to watch the series. :pirate P.S. 15.99 a piece for showtime and cinemax after the honeymoon is over with Comcast, F***ers. I watched last season of "The Franchise" online. Just gotta search around on google.
February 13, 201214 yr And I just cancelled showtime and cinemax... crapola. I guess I'll have to find another way to watch the series. :pirate P.S. 15.99 a piece for showtime and cinemax after the honeymoon is over with Comcast, F***ers. I am getting the promotion again for Comcast. Putting my wife as a new customer so I get the 6 months free Showtime as part of the promotion. But I also asked them what it would be afterwards and they said $9.99 Can't they give u that as well or how long have u said Showtime for?
February 13, 201214 yr It's official -- #Marlins will be featured on Showtime's The Franchise this year. Formal announcement coming shortly -Cappozi
February 13, 201214 yr Let the Ozzie show begin. The Miami Marlins will be featured in this season of Showtime's The Franchise, MLB and the network announced on Monday. Last year the Giants were featured in the six-episode show that followed the Giants from spring training through the season. The Marlins are the perfect choice for the series, with not only new manager Ozzie Guillen, but also a new ballpark, new uniforms and new stars in Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle and Heath Bell. Throw the ever-volatile Carlos Zambranointo the mix and you may have some television magic. The 2012 version of the series has already started filming. The Miami Herald reported last week that a camera crew from Major League Baseball filmed the team's meeting with free-agent Cuban outfielder Yoenis Cespedes last week in Miami, while Monday's release from MLB and Showtime noted the production has already begun. The Marlins seem ideal for the task, just looking at the players on the team, and their new manager. While Guillen will get plenty of face time to be sure, there's also several other entertaining players on the team. Outfielder Logan Morrison has made more of a name for himself with his antics on Twitter than his play on the field, while Bell is one of the game's great characters. Then there's real-life baseball reasons to follow -- how will Hanley Ramirez take to moving to third base? How aboutJosh Johnson's return from shoulder inflammation that cost him the majority of 2011. And then there's just the sheer baseball thrill of watching Mike Stanton, one of the best young players in the game. Add a new park, new expectations and the fact that the pay-cable channel won't bleep Guillen and the Marlins were easily the best choice for Showtime -- and the viewers. http://eye-on-baseba...297882/34821636
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.