How Good Can This Team Be?

Jagsfreak27

I read the article on the homepage that summarized the first third of the season and it made some interesting points. While our starting pitching has been fantastic and outside of JJ, lived up to and surpassed expectations, offensively we still haven't reached a ceiling. If we get Nunez back and Heath Bell continues to surge, I would dare to say that we could win the division and maybe even the eventual championship if all the cogs fall into place. My question is this, just how good do you guys think this team can be?

I'm not sure why you are so down on the offense. They've been scoring runs since the Colorado series. It seems like every night is at least four to five runs scored...or more. True, half of the lineup is pretty pathetic, but the runs have been there lately.

All I said is that we haven't reached our ceiling, which basically means there is room for improvement, which there is.

I think we need Cogs to fall into place.

Look at me, never thought I'd be posting internet banality. I'm just a sucker for the lazy eye. Or the more likely explanation-I've lost all cognitive function after pulling an all-nighter for a college paper. Just for you mystikol guy.

This homestand will be a huge factor in determining the rest of the season. We go 1-8 or 2-9 (which is possible) we could dig a hole we will have a very hard time climbing out of. However if we can go at least 5-4 we can hold our own. My thinking is if the timely offense is still there as it has been in May, we could go 6-3 and be either in 1st or 2nd and be poised to do great things later this year.

This months schedule is brutal, and I would guess the toughest in baseball. If we go .500 for this month, Ozzie should win manager of the year. The margin is very thin, and I hope the competitiveness of the players shines forth the next 3 ½ weeks.

i think we are a playoff team. great rotation, good bullpen when heath bell pitches like he has recently.

we need to acquire 1 guy via trade for the lineup however IMO. Not saying get him but a run produced like josh willing ham would be a kind of player this team needs. a bottom of the order run producer.

we simply can't have the bottom half of our order hitting .150

i think we are a playoff team. great rotation, good bullpen when heath bell pitches like he has recently.

we need to acquire 1 guy via trade for the lineup however IMO. Not saying get him but a run produced like josh willing ham would be a kind of player this team needs. a bottom of the order run producer.

we simply can't have the bottom half of our order hitting .150

Minnesota locked him up in a deal if i'm not mistaking.

I think we need Cogs to fall into place.

Look at me, never thought I'd be posting internet banality. I'm just a sucker for the lazy eye. Or the more likely explanation-I've lost all cognitive function after pulling an all-nighter for a college paper. Just for you mystikol guy.

Winky.

(My phone tried to correct that to "subjugation.")

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.