Game of Thrones

Hotcorner

Yeah I think when I saw him in the very first or second episode I knew he'd be my favorite character. Varys the eunich is turning out to be interesting too. You think you'll hate him early on but he finds a way to survive. Plus he has great lines (but then everyone does).

"He would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes."

It's an ongoing battle to resist reading ahead & spoiling everything but so far I'm holding out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't wait for this weekend's show, things have slowed down a bit but you know they'll want to end the season big. Next-to-last episode last season was Blackwater, will be tough to match that one.

My wife has stopped asking me what's going on in any particular episode because she knows the backstory will go on forever, lol.

I know Martin is not a happy endings guy but they'd better give me SOMETHING to hang onto in next week's season finale... I'm running out of people to root for in the show.

Also for anyone who's read the books, are Edmure and Blackfish alive? I didn't notice them so I'm guessing yes?

I know Martin is not a happy endings guy but they'd better give me SOMETHING to hang onto in next week's season finale... I'm running out of people to root for in the show.

Also for anyone who's read the books, are Edmure and Blackfish alive? I didn't notice them so I'm guessing yes?

Blackfish is apparently, he didn't make the trip in the book and in the show... they had him go take a piss so I'll assume it was to save him. As for Edmure... the only thing I read was that he's alive, but in chains. Maybe that was just a sex joke, who knows.

finale was a little underwhelming but everyone probably needed a breather before the break.

I figured that's who was holding Theon. Ouch NOT COOL. Loved the bit with Yara though.

Finally Arya gets to take out a little vengeance on someone, even if it wasn't anyone important. She's probably going to be a killing machine before this show is over. Love the Arya-Hound team, quite a pair.

Could've done without the Danerys crowd-surfing bit at the end. That whole thread is getting a little slow.

now comes the long winter before season 4...