Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stanton and Mahoney to DL

Featured Replies

Absolutely no way Stanton is gone for "15 days." I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone for months. Same goes for Hech.

Absolutely no way Stanton is gone for "15 days." I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone for months. Same goes for Hech.

 

 

Hech is already rehabbing and will be back this week

Absolutely no way Stanton is gone for "15 days." I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone for months. Same goes for Hech.

 

 

He's supposed to rejoin the team on Thursday in Philadelphia.

Absolutely no way Stanton is gone for "15 days." I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone for months. Same goes for Hech.

 

 

He's supposed to rejoin the team on Thursday in Philadelphia.

 

 

That's great, but I've heard a lot of players would be back by a certain time and suddenly they are on the 60-day DL or out much longer than anticipated. I just wouldn't be shocked if he had a setback or wasn't ready by Thursday is all. By all means though I do hope he's back by Thursday. I don't want anyone to be injured.

Absolutely no way Stanton is gone for "15 days." I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone for months. Same goes for Hech.

 

 

He's supposed to rejoin the team on Thursday in Philadelphia.

 

 

That's great, but I've heard a lot of players would be back by a certain time and suddenly they are on the 60-day DL or out much longer than anticipated. I just wouldn't be shocked if he had a setback or wasn't ready by Thursday is all. By all means though I do hope he's back by Thursday. I don't want anyone to be injured.

 

 

 

 

He played last night in Jupiter. If he has any setbacks at this point, it'll be as a result of playing...nothing you can do about that.

Absolutely no way Stanton is gone for "15 days." I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone for months. Same goes for Hech.

 

 

He's supposed to rejoin the team on Thursday in Philadelphia.

 

 

That's great, but I've heard a lot of players would be back by a certain time and suddenly they are on the 60-day DL or out much longer than anticipated. I just wouldn't be shocked if he had a setback or wasn't ready by Thursday is all. By all means though I do hope he's back by Thursday. I don't want anyone to be injured.

 

 

 

And Stanton is the prize possession baby of this team, anyhow. They'll wait til he's 100% to get him back.

It's pretty stupid that the Marlins are calling up Ozuna after 40 AB's in AA, to be honest. What's up with all the players being rushed to the big leagues for no reason?

 

 

 

Why not? Might as well throw him out there...

I don't know what you guys are bitching about, 10 games is MORE than enough to convince me that a guy has no reason to play any minor league games above single-A ball. why does AA even exist anyway?

 

NOW ANDREW HEANEY TO THE MAJORS

It's pretty stupid that the Marlins are calling up Ozuna after 40 AB's in AA, to be honest. What's up with all the players being rushed to the big leagues for no reason?

 

 

 

Why not? Might as well throw him out there...

 

 

This is the exact reason you don't call him up this early

speaking of which, 3rd outing in a row where Jose has struggled.

 

 

 

sucks that Mahoney is out, he is the type of player who should be getting a shot here. Wish we had some idea of Silverio's timetable.

 

 

Jose has no business being in mlb right now. The fish FO makes their decisions by spinning a wheel.

Stanton cant stay healthy anymore, should we be worried?

 

He doesn't want to be here so he probably doesn't stretch right in order to get hurt. Probably needlessly puts himself in harms way too.

 

 

I hope you are being sarcastic because that is a really dumb theory.

Stanton cant stay healthy anymore, should we be worried?

 

He doesn't want to be here so he probably doesn't stretch right in order to get hurt. Probably needlessly puts himself in harms way too.

 

 

I hope you are being sarcastic because that is a really dumb theory.

 

 

 

 

I heard he pounded his fist hard on the ground when he got injured. So yea, that's a dumb ass idea.

 

He's probably pissed he got injured because now he won't get traded!

Stanton is waiting for an opening in the angels OF and then he will play well so we trade him there because that's his dream. Until then he will hurt himself in minor ways and swing at every pitch.

 

 

I thought he was a Dodger fan growing up.

Stanton has a grade 2 strain. Looking like 3 weeks.

 

Now he can't pass second grade? Dude really doesn't want to be here.

 

 

Wow..that was a terrible joke!

I'm surprised no one has brought up the concept that Ozuna may have been called up because he is the most likely to assume RF duties in case of a Stanton trade. With all the speculation, I'm surprised so many of you are against seeing if the one player in the system with the best shot of taking over RF, can handle it. Maybe you prefer we trade Stanton with no plan in place ala Hanley and 3B? In that case, please DO call up Matt Diaz. Isn't Petey still in the system, too?

Horrible time to call him up. 40 days in the minors, Diaz tearing up AAA. Why is he here now? The correct move would have been to waive Chris Hatcher and call up Diaz.

Hey, whatever, it's fine with me.

If he produces, he'll take over in left for JP when Giancarlo returns.

 

Honestly, if we do sign Giancarlo long term, I say move him to first base. Forget about Morrison, he's honestly done nothing but be injured, even though I am an advocate of his when he is healthy [the numbers aren't terrible]. Either Giancarlo or Yelich to first base over Morrison, that way we can keep all three of Yelich, Ozuna, Marisnick. That'd be a pretty good line-up. Add in Dietrich to that mix, as well.

 

... this line-up will be scary next year, with or without Stanton, honestly. If it means Morrison is our first baseman, then so be it. Would love for him to stay, but the return could be amazing, especially if he returns this year and mashes and a contending team becomes willing to overpay for him at the deadline.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.