Tom Koehler

Even though his sample size isn't really that much...what are your guys thoughts on Koehler so far? I always thought he had the stuff to be a decent/good third or fourth starter in a rotation. From the looks of it he has a plus fastball (93-96mph), 2 seamer (90-92mph), hard slider (87-90mph) and pretty nasty breaking ball. Despite that leadoff homerun against the DBacks the other night, Koehler pitched very well.

He's been underrated in our system for like four years. Can't believed he was overlooked so many times, especially after his 2010 season in Double-A, but he's got a chance to do something now. Like Rich and Tommy were saying during the broadcast, he's been a winner just about every stop along the way and has always figured out a way to post a "W" in the box score... Hopefully he can continue to perform this way.

He's been underrated in our system for like four years. Can't believed he was overlooked so many times, especially after his 2010 season in Double-A, but he's got a chance to do something now. Like Rich and Tommy were saying during the broadcast, he's been a winner just about every stop along the way and has always figured out a way to post a "W" in the box score... Hopefully he can continue to perform this way.

They say the same thing about Ricky Nolasco.

And Ricky is actually proving to be worth something right now... Not to say he's been very good for a long time, but he won enough games to get paid and stick around in the rotation every single year for eight freakin' years. If Tom Koehler has Ricky Nolasco's career I'll be cool with that.

It's very easy to fall into the trap of overhyping your team's prospects...see the Yankees and how much value they placed on Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances until recently.

Who is over hyping anyone? All I had said was he went under the radar in our organization for quite a long time and I hope he does well. But I also said if his career turns out like Ricky Nolasco's I'd be happy with that... so maybe I was hyping him up to be extremely average? lol.

And Ricky is actually proving to be worth something right now... Not to say he's been very good for a long time, but he won enough games to get paid and stick around in the rotation every single year for eight freakin' years. If Tom Koehler has Ricky Nolasco's career I'll be cool with that.

cant wait to see how the marlins fail in the nolsasco trade.

cant wait to see how the marlins fail in the nolsasco trade.

How can they fail? Are you expecting something of quality in return? Nolasco sucks. We're not getting much.

Nolasco's numbers right now would warrant a mid level prospect at worst if the Marlins pick up the entire deal.

They will fail at securing that kind of haul.

His numbers right now are good. We'll see what his numbers are in July. He can net us a good prospect if he continues to pitch well but odds are he'll have that game where he gives up 8 runs in 2 innings.

Nolasco's numbers right now would warrant a mid level prospect at worst if the Marlins pick up the entire deal.

They will fail at securing that kind of haul.

His numbers right now are good. We'll see what his numbers are in July. He can net us a good prospect if he continues to pitch well but odds are he'll have that game where he gives up 8 runs in 2 innings.

They just need to get him though mid/late June.