Why are Beinfest and Hill still employed?

Last time we made the playoffs was 2003. We are in obvious rebuilding mode, and are no where near reaching the playoffs. Worst of all, we tried to spend money and still managed to suck. Why in gods name do any of these people have a job, much less have a job with us.

also, as an aside, do the marlins even have a saebermetric department, or even a single analyst?

beinfest has brought alot of great talent to this team since he has been here. i dont know why people forget so much about all of the great players we have had the chance to watch thanks to him and the rest of the front office.

Considering the talent given up in that same time frame, the players he has brought in has been quite poor. The return for Miguel Cabrera would have been awful even if Miller and Maybin hadnt fizzled out.

And lets not forget Beinfest's fascination with demanding terrible catchers who has no business playing professional baseball back in trades(i.e. Jeff Mathis, Mike Rabelo).

Beinfest has done fine, given the fact that he's always worked with a payroll in the bottom two in the league for over a decade, has an owner that micromanages every decision he makes, and the one time he does get some money to use, they use it on old, some injury prone players (with Loria pushing Beinfest's hand on some of those signings).

We can obviously go through some of the bad trades Beinfest has done, and how the Marlins as a whole have been selling players at the lowest points of their value in recent years, but he's still a mid caliber GM in baseball. He can build a playoff team if given the right tools to use.

But Loria's way always wins over. And as long as Loria is owner of this team, it's going to be incredibly hard for any GM to build a winning team when his owner hands him a budget of pennies so he can pocket the revenue sharing money.

We could fire Beinfest, and he probably should be fired at this point given some poor recent decisions and the lack of a real major league squad at the moment. But I doubt there's going to be any GM that can be productive here while Loria's around.

I don't mean any of that as a Loria bash. There's enough of that around. I know what Loria is and expect it. It's more of statement on reality than a complaint at this point. The Marlins becoming competitive would be in spite of everything Loria has done to tear this team down.

It's obvious that Loria wanted to build a winner last season. He just tried it in the worst way possible, grabbing old, whiny, injury prone players with a loud mouth manager and expecting everything to magically mesh. That team last season wasn't sustainable, and this team isn't going to be competitive until 2016 at the earliest.

I am not convinced that "Admin Beinfest" or "Michael Hill" even exist.

You know what Admin Beinfest is an anagram for? Friable Sentry. And Barflies Entry. And perhaps most shockingly, Rafters Byline. What does it all mean? I dont know.

I am not convinced that "Admin Beinfest" or "Michael Hill" even exist.

You know what Admin Beinfest is an anagram for? Friable Sentry. And Barflies Entry. And perhaps most shockingly, Rafters Byline. What does it all mean? I dont know.

Lol. I have met Michael Hill and I can tell you that he definitely exists lol. He's a real nice guy but I don't think he makes any of the decisions on this team it's all Beinfest. Good joke though bro.