Getting some respect

We might become relevant again...until cheap bastard decides he doesnt want to play players again.

Interesting.

Looking at the roster and salaries and projected salaries, assuming Loria keeps the present team and fills with youngsters and cheap veterans, it seems that next year salaries will total in the low 30s and in 2015, the middle high 40s. After that, it gets expensive to keep all the useful players that the Marlins have developed.

Trade Ruggiano and Pierre. Please. You can get something for them, granted it wont be much, but its more than nothing.

Pierre is worthless, to anyone.

Ruggiano is productive and cheap. Why people want to trade him is a mystery.

If he was worth anything the trusted FO in Tampa wouldn't have let him go

Trade Ruggiano and Pierre. Please. You can get something for them, granted it wont be much, but its more than nothing.

Pierre is worthless, to anyone.

Ruggiano is productive and cheap. Why people want to trade him is a mystery.

If he was worth anything the trusted FO in Tampa wouldn't have let him go

I thought he was blocked from coming up and playing everyday? Due to their talented OF.

Ruggs is leading the team in HR's and RBI's by the way soooo....

Jon Heyman �@JonHeymanCBS

Tex SFG Col SD and NYY had scouts at nolasco's game last nite, via @DannyKnoblerCBS. but yanks not on nolasco, seek hitters

I assume they're scouting someone from the Marlins? What do they need? I know A-Rod is doing a 20 game rehab or something, do they have a need for a Rugs or anything? It said hitters so I assume it's not bullpen help either. Who knows.

Tex SFG Col SD and NYY had scouts at nolasco's game last nite, via @DannyKnoblerCBS. but yanks not on nolasco, seek hitters

I assume they're scouting someone from the Marlins? What do they need? I know A-Rod is doing a 20 game rehab or something, do they have a need for a Rugs or anything? It said hitters so I assume it's not bullpen help either. Who knows.

They could use Ruggiano.

Cause he's 31 and probably won't be as productive for too much longer. If Yelich and/or Marisnick is ready to be on the roster next season, I say trade em.

Yelich is hitting a buck fifty against lefties and Masrisnick is on a tear and up to 280 with no power.

Hanging the can't miss aura on AA players is a sure sign of delusion.

Check out Hermida's AA stats.

Ruggiano has three good years left with plus defense at all three OF positions and thirty HR power. Few NL teams have three players with better SLG or OPS.

Marlins made a great deal picking him out of Houston's organization. It would be beyond stupid to give him away for some Class C prospect.

Cause he's 31 and probably won't be as productive for too much longer. If Yelich and/or Marisnick is ready to be on the roster next season, I say trade em.

Yelich is hitting a buck fifty against lefties and Masrisnick is on a tear and up to 280 with no power.

Check out Hermida's AA stats.

Ruggiano has three good years left with plus defense at all three OF positions and thirty HR power. Few NL teams have three players with better SLG or OPS.

Marlins made a great deal picking him out of Houston's organization. It would be beyond stupid to give him away for some Class C prospect.

What are you saying? Marisnick has power... He's hit 10 HR's in 240 AB's, that's pretty good for over 20 HR's over a full year. His OPS is also 130 points higher than Ruggiano's at .860. He also plays very good defense. Marisnick is also not on a tear anymore. Using Hermida as an example is ridiculous. Sure, Marisnick or Yelich might not pan out but do you suppose a thrifty team should make those kinds of assumptions and keep more-expensive players with less upside just because it's a sure thing? Come on. We have 4 outfields considered to be part of the future and there are 3 outfield spots, we can trade Ruggiano.

Yelich has 60 ABs against LHP this season, don't write off a 21 year old top prospect based on a small sample size.

In 2012, Yelich had 180 ABs against LHP with 313 AVG, 367 OBP and 831 OPS.

In 2011, Yelich had 175 ABs against LHP with 256 AVG, 337 OBP and 728 OPS.

Part of the learning experience is making adjustments and adapting. No one is saying he should be up here right this moment, there's still time to let him develop more in AA. His season has also been interrupted by little niggling injuries, he hasn't gotten any serious momentum going. Give him time before writing him off as the next Hermida.

They could use Ruggiano.

Like I said a week ago. I can't believe he hasn't been more popular in trade rumors, we have no use for him and he's a great defender with 30/20 potential on the right team.

Anyway, Marisnick and Yelich aren't too far away... we should be able to get a B prospect for Ruggz, and if we can he needs to be dealt. He's just not a part of our future.

I actually agree with rgkeller.

I think Ruggiano still has a role on the team even if those guys pan out and I don't think he's worth much via trade. Some players are worth more to a team than they are on the trade market. It's usually the case with platoon players, which is pretty much what Ruggiano is. I pretty much felt the same way about Gaby Sanchez last year and we ended up getting nothing for him.

I'm not so sure about 30/20, if he were in there full-time for 150 games, pitchers would get him out pretty easily, I think, once the scouting reports get out there.

He's been around for a long time, I think the scouting reports are out there. He's not a 22 year old rookie, we're talking about a guy that's been in baseball for over a decade.

On the right team in the right ballpark, he is absolutely a 30/20 hitter right now. He's already going to be a 20/20 hitter on THIS team and he can't even hit a home run at home...

I don't think we get much of anything for Ruggiano in a trade. I agree with Erick that he provides more for us as a 4th outfielder than in any kind of trade. Marisnick has at least a year until he's ready and Yelich is on rehab assignment. I'm perfectly fine with the team starting next season with an OF of Ozuna in LF, Ruggiano in CF, and Stanton in RF while giving Marisnick and Yelich at least half a season to put up numbers.

In any kind of future trade, we probably need to grab a 3B, SS, and/or Catcher if we hope to be even a .500 team within the next few years. Hechavarria is really great defensively but is one of the worst offensive players in baseball, Brantly probably isn't a starting catcher (and Mathis is a waste offensively), and Moran is going to take at least a year to two years before he's ready for the majors.

I'm feeling strong that the Marlins either believe Cox will be the starting 3B to begin next season or they are going to go out and sign somebody to a cheap 1 year deal. Cox is frustrating because he's proven that he can get on base for a majority of his minor league career, but seriously lacks any power. I personally feel like Cox is capable of putting up an Ozuna style season next year if given the chance.

Ruggiano is at least a 20/20 guy if he's played full time (WTF THEY START JP OVER HIM)... Possibly a 25/20 guy. Like my colleague said, Ruggiano is figured out by now. If anything, we've now seen him adjust to pitching that adjusted to him and he's doing just fine especially with that top 5 defense in CF