2013-2014 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

gizmo

George Richards �@GeorgeRichards 40s

Bettman: it's great for nhl to be in south florida...any questions on franchise moving now put to rest "forever" #FlaPanthers

Florida Panthers �@FlaPanthers 41s

"We intend to be here a long time and become an integral part of this community," -- Partner Doug Cifu #FlaPanthers

Harvey Fialkov �@hfialkov 27s

Tallon promised cifus son a 5th grader a Cup by time hes in high school #flapanthers

Harvey Fialkov �@hfialkov 6m

Bettman assures Violas resources will eventually bring Panthers the Cup. He didnt say when #flapanthers

Dale Tallon and Kevin Dineen at new ownership press conference pic.twitter.com/dKAmhWRtkH

New #FlaPanthers owner Vinnie Viola and NHL commisioner watch presentation of colors at press conference pic.twitter.com/P6rKDGEC8g

George Richards �@GeorgeRichards 25m

Gary Bettman on new #FlaPanthers owner: we open a new chapter; a new era of unprecedented commitment. Will have all resources to win

George Richards �@GeorgeRichards 23m

Bettman: it's great for nhl to be in south florida...any questions on franchise moving now put to rest "forever" #FlaPanthers

George Richards �@GeorgeRichards 14m

#FlaPanthers owner Vinnie Viola says he and wife committed to SoFla, will be moving here

New #FlaPanthers owner Vinnie Viola (far left) gets new jersey from Brian Campbell, Dale Tallon and Kevin Dineen pic.twitter.com/Cauurj1ftb

Panthers waived Robak and Crabb today. They just gave Crabb a two year deal so that is pretty weird.

But when that happened it was clear something was up and they signed D Ryan Whitney to a 1-year deal for $900,000.

I thought they might go after John Michael Liles or TJ Brennan who were both waived by Toronto.

I am pretty surprised they didnt just drop Gilroy and keep Robak.

And the rumors are swirling about a Panther firesale...

I don't think it's a firesale so much as they're about to flip a bunch of players on 1 yr contracts (and players who are going to be on 1 yr contracts).

Much like when Dale Tallon first got here. It isn't a surprise, this was the plan all along. That's why most of those guys like Versteeg and Fleischmann and so on all got contracts ending around the same time.

And the rumors are swirling about a Panther firesale...

I don't think it's a firesale so much as they're about to flip a bunch of players on 1 yr contracts (and players who are going to be on 1 yr contracts).

Much like when Dale Tallon first got here. It isn't a surprise, this was the plan all along. That's why most of those guys like Versteeg and Fleischmann and so on all got contracts ending around the same time.

i think the talk is way too premature. we are 9 games in and could easily have 2-3 more points.