Congratulations Steve Cishek

Erick

28 saves in his last 28 save opportunities. That's a franchise record.

Nice to see one of our prospects get better and better. He wasn't really supposed to do this as a minor league prospect. Then there were the question marks against left-handed hitters. He seems to continue to make adjustments and get better which is a rarity in this organization.

Also, way to not be Heath Bell!

Now I'm certain they won't trade him. These stupid little things seem to matter a lot to the Marlins if the player is still cheap. I hope they trade him, though. We won't be good for at least next season and I think we can get some real value for Cishek. Like, contribute-everyday-at-a-good-level value.

Now I'm certain they won't trade him. These stupid little things seem to matter a lot to the Marlins if the player is still cheap. I hope they trade him, though. We won't be good for at least next season and I think we can get some real value for Cishek. Like, contribute-everyday-at-a-good-level value.

It would've been great to get Nick Castellanos to play third base for the next couple years...

Too bad that ship sailed.

We're not getting a top prospect for Cishek.

A real franchise would probably offer him a contract extension to be honest. He should be offered one.

I don't think we'll get a top prospect, but a good prospect none the less. I do hope we at least see what we can get for him. Doesn't have to be Nick Castellanos.

It would've been great to get Nick Castellanos to play third base for the next couple years...

It sailed...

out to Ci. Shek.

It sailed...

out to Ci. Shek.

This was so bad that I gave it a pity like. Also, I love stuff that is so bad that I want to give it a pity like. Which I guess makes it not really a pity like.

I don't know why we shouldn't get a top prospect in return for Cishek. Teams value closers highly, and on performance alone Cishek has been one of the best closers in the game this year. Not his fault he hasn't had many chances due to this team being awful.

I'm sure next July if Cishek keeps this up and there's a contending team with major bullpen problems, Cishek will net us a top 50 prospect.

A smart team would lock Cishek down because he's so young and it'll be difficult to find a closer as reliably good as he's been on the market, but again we are the Marlins.

I would imagine he has a lot of value, he has had 3 seasons with .9 war or more, which is very good for a relief pitcher. not too many injuries, and for the most part has been reliable. I would say it would be right to expect a top 10 organizational player, if not a top 5 organizational player for him. Personally I think we should give him a 3 year contract worth 8-10 million dollars, but that's me. Or how about a 12 million dollar offer with a 4 million dollar club option.

I don't know why we shouldn't get a top prospect in return for Cishek.

Agreed. We did give up former #1 overall pick Adrian Gonzalez for Ugueth Urbina. And imho Cishek is >>> Urbina.

And that happen at the trade deadline. Those types of moves don't happen in the offseason. If the Marlins felt like trading Cishek, the trade deadline this year would've made sense as there were a bunch of contending teams in need of relief help. That happens every year.

Knowing Loria though, he'll probably trade Cishek when his value is not at its highest.