October 7, 201313 yr Reassigned to class-A manager according to JCR Managing at Jupiter. Article: http://goo.gl/fb/WrIko
October 7, 201313 yr They actually missed McKeon as one of the managers, but it looks like Espada worked for everyone but Lacheman
October 7, 201313 yr Is this a good or bad thing for Espada? Do they want him to get first hand manager experience or is this mostly a demotion
October 7, 201313 yr Is this a good or bad thing for Espada? Do they want him to get first hand manager experience or is this mostly a demotion Word is the former and they want him to get MLB managing experience. Word also is other teams have interest in him. I like Espada.
October 7, 201313 yr But when it did, he did. Being our 3b coach has to be one of the most boring jobs in mlb. I'd do the same if I were in his shoes!
October 8, 201313 yr Quite interesting solely because when he and Cornelius were the only coaches left over from Ozzie's regime (and being here with Edwin and whoever prior) that told me that he was doing something right... at least from an organizational standpoint... coughLoriacough... So hopefully this is considered a promotion and a step up despite obviously no longer being with the big league club.
October 8, 201313 yr If Espada winds up on a coaching staff with another MLB team, you can assume he didn't consider it a promotion. I think it'd be good for him to get the managerial experience though, he should take the Jupiter gig.
October 8, 201313 yr Author In the article it said the marlins are lookin to add an outfielder to the staff. Pierre? Does hill move over to 3rd base.
October 8, 201313 yr In the article it said the marlins are lookin to add an outfielder to the staff. Pierre? Does hill move over to 3rd base. Perry has always been 1B coach. Pierre would probably be an awesome 3B coach, who knows base running better? But I think he still has a year or two in the majors.
October 8, 201313 yr But when it did, he did. Being our 3b coach has to be one of the most boring jobs in mlb. I'd do the same if I were in his shoes! Excellent point, but when he did have the rare opportunity to send someone home, he usually made the right decision, or we would have been all over him.
October 8, 201313 yr But when it did, he did. Being our 3b coach has to be one of the most boring jobs in mlb. I'd do the same if I were in his shoes! Excellent point, but when he did have the rare opportunity to send someone home, he usually made the right decision, or we would have been all over him. I think Bo Porter had to be one of the most hated 3b coaches of all time . lol
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.