3/21 Marlins - Astros

Jake 2-2 now with a double. I don't know for sure if Marisnick could play his way onto the team, but he's doing what he can. only 34 at-bats of course, but hitting over .400 with 3 walks & only 4 Ks.

Still need to get at-bats for both he and Ozuna though, not sure what they're going to do. At least Marisnick did get in most of a season at AA... Ozuna really didn't have any at all.

Jake 2-2 now with a double. I don't know for sure if Marisnick could play his way onto the team, but he's doing what he can.

Still need to get at-bats for both he and Ozuna though, not sure what they're going to do.

I don't know how they can send Marisnick to NO. He's hitting almost .400 after today, he's swiped 3 bags, and most impressive is he has only 4 K's all spring. All of this with top notch D in center... He's earned a job as much as anyone.

they certainly can send him to AAA or AA, I'm just saying if their plan was "well let's see how he does in the spring", then he might wind up on the roster. I don't know if that was their thinking or not. Maybe the plan is for New Orleans regardless.

Ozuna struggling certainly plays into this too. Neither one of them is exactly coming in with Yelich's tools at the plate. But again Ozuna had virtually no time in the minors above high A ball. I don't see how they can let that happen, I feel like ML pitching would really expose him. Marisnick at least had some success at AA Jax.

And then there's the possibility (as hard as it is for me to believe) that they'll send both of them down. I'd be all for that, just doesn't seem like the Marlins way.

they certainly can send him to AAA or AA, I'm just saying if their plan was "well let's see how he does in the spring", then he might wind up on the roster. I don't know if that was their thinking or not. Maybe the plan is for New Orleans regardless.

Ozuna struggling certainly plays into this too. Neither one of them is exactly coming in with Yelich's tools at the plate. But again Ozuna had virtually no time in the minors above high A ball. I don't see how they can let that happen, I feel like ML pitching would really expose him. Marisnick at least had some success at AA Jax.

And then there's the possibility (as hard as it is for me to believe) that they'll send both of them down. I'd be all for that, just doesn't seem like the Marlins way.

I wouldn't be surprised if they sent them both down, actually, and let them compete for the call up. However I did believe it would have taken a perfect storm of Ozuna failure and Marisnick success for Jake to earn the job, and that's exactly what's happened. He's done absolutely everything you could have asked him to. He's intrigued me enough to see what he can do in April...

The Houston commentators saying that the Marlins have had a weak offence Spring....uhhhhh, what the hell are they talking about?

A lot of the regulars have. Jones, Ozuna, Salty, McGehee, Furcal, Hech, and Yelich have all struggled at the plate. No bueno.