Marisnick, Solano, Rodriguez cut... roster down to 27

SilverBullet

Marisnick sent to AAA, Ozuna is all but guaranteed the starting CF spot .

Solano to AAA, Ed Lucas seemingly takes the utility infielder spot.

Henry Rodriguez cut, seems like we all jumped to conclusions when Capps and Caminero went down. Barring waiver claims or any other nonsense Dan Jennings has made the team.

Also Juan Diaz, Austin Nola, Matt Angle, and Chris Hatcher were cut as well.

Someone must have ratted out Hatcher lol.

with Furcal likely DL to start the season, hopefully Dietrich starts off well and sticks around.

I agree but knowing this team there's the outside chance they usd Baker at second and option Dietrich. Why? Furcal is eligible to come off the DL April 5th and Bogusevic is out of options. Keeping Dietrich might mean losing Bogusevic on a waiver claim, and while we could care less, the FO might not see that being worth it for fourdays of Dietrich at second. I think it ultimately depends on how serious Furcals injury is and thus the length of his DL stint. The longer the better for Dietrich. Hope I'm wrong!

Furcal is 100% going on the DL now per the skipper

So there's only one cut left, seemingly Bogusevic but him being out of options makes that uncertain. There are valid arguments that could make both Dietrich and Ozuna at risk. This decision might go down to Sunday night or even Monday morning.

Also, Admin, I think I owe the site some $ if Deitrich starts at 2b this year, correct? Do you recall at all? I made a bet with Wild Card about it.

I believe so, yes. I think the bet was if he was starting at second or third on Opening Day.

EDIT: It was Dietrich starting over Solano opening day, as long as they were both healthy.

with Furcal likely DL to start the season, hopefully Dietrich starts off well and sticks around.

I agree 100%. The bat is there, if it shows up he could make a huge difference.

Henry Rodriguez cut, seems like we all jumped to conclusions when Capps and Caminero went down. Barring waiver claims or any other nonsense Dan Jennings has made the team..

I mentioned a couple days ago this would likely be the case. They'd rather have three good lefties than two good lefties and a shitty righty.

Bogusevic decision coming Sunday and Dietrich will make the team.

I guess it's either Bogus is placed on waivers or he splits with Johnson and Ozuna goes to Double-A?

There's no reason for them to rush Marisnick anyway. His ceiling is higher than Ozuna long term.

I am in no way making this statement to be argumentative, but is Marisnick's ceiling higher?

Other than Marisnick's spring being better his minor league line over 4 seasons is .280/.351/.446 (.797 OPS) while Ozuna who started playing at 17 years old in 6 seasons has a .274/.333/.820 with much more power. I'm not sure if Marisnick is actually better than Ozuna.

I am in no way making this statement to be argumentative, but is Marisnick's ceiling higher?

Other than Marisnick's spring being better his minor league line over 4 seasons is .280/.351/.446 (.797 OPS) while Ozuna who started playing at 17 years old in 6 seasons has a .274/.333/.820 with much more power. I'm not sure if Marisnick is actually better than Ozuna.

Marisnick's stats are skewed by a pretty terrible season in 2012, and it seems like he's generally a slow starter at every level he gets to. He's also got 5 tool potential.

But this is baseball. Don't you understand that even with the game being the most easily quantified in the world, perception matters more than anything else when it comes to prospects?

I'm still waiting on Cameron Maybin to become a superstar. He's gonna make that Miguel Cabrera trade look awesome.