Marisnick, Solano, Rodriguez cut... roster down to 27

I mentioned a couple days ago this would likely be the case. They'd rather have three good lefties than two good lefties and a s***ty righty.

I guess it's either Bogus is placed on waivers or he splits with Johnson and Ozuna goes to Double-A?

Yeah when i saw Jennings made it I remembered what u said, totall didn't think the team would go ur way.

As for Bogusevic sounds like they're gonna try and explore a trade for him before Opening Day. Might as well.

Im very happy with the way this spring is going. I think we are going to contend for a wild card spot with all the pitching we have as well as Stanton finally staying healthy and getting more competent hitters around him.

I hope we can teach one of our outfielders to play first base down the line because I think all 4 have a spot in the starting lineup in the future. Maybe moving stanton to 1b down the line both helps our outfield defense as well as keeps him in the lineup.

Either way MArisnick to AAA is probably the right move. If Ozuna struggles send him down and make a platoon involving Reed Johnson and then bring Marisnick up after the super 2 deadline so we get him for another year.

Im very happy with the way this spring is going. I think we are going to contend for a wild card spot with all the pitching we have as well as Stanton finally staying healthy and getting more competent hitters around him.

I hope we can teach one of our outfielders to play first base down the line because I think all 4 have a spot in the starting lineup in the future. Maybe moving stanton to 1b down the line both helps our outfield defense as well as keeps him in the lineup.

Either way MArisnick to AAA is probably the right move. If Ozuna struggles send him down and make a platoon involving Reed Johnson and then bring Marisnick up after the super 2 deadline so we get him for another year.

I enjoy your optimism, but...no.

I dont think so, we will be alot better then last year, my prediction is that we end the season with just above a winning record, maybe 5-10 games above .500.... but wild card? No..... about 90% sure

Pissed about these injuries to Furcal and Lucas. And I said it from the second it happened that the Ruggiano trade would be a wash. It was a salary dump for 1.5 million.

I also do not understand both Slowey and Hand making the team. I get Hand was out of options but we sent down Caminero, Hatcher, and Capps for Slowey. Now we have three lefties. If one of Slowey or Hand is the long man I dont get what the other's role is.

Well lets pretend for a second we don't have a spot for bogusevic. I think he has more value to other teams. I think we could if done right get a double A guy or a few one or two low level single a guys. So how about Zeke Devoss, a miami kid, great eye, some power some speed.

None of the moves are shocking. We all started to suspect Ozuna would make the team over Marisnick. I would've personally chose Marisnick, but at this time they're both similar caliber prospects so it's kinda whatever. I think Marisnick has a bigger future given his production at a higher level in the minors and just that he seems like one of those toolsy guys that got called up too soon. I'm fine letting Marisnick take as much time in the minors as he wants.

I'm also on the boat hoping that Dietrich plays well to start the year and keeps the starting job away from Furcal. I, like a lot of us, would've rather just started the year with Dietrich rather than spending $3.5 million on Furcal anyway. While Dietrich might not be a future all star caliber 2B, I think his ceiling is higher than what most people here think. If he learns some plate discipline he becomes super valuable at the plate given his moderate power. His defense is meh but whatever.

The only intriguing OFer that would be moved to 1B is Kyle Jensen.

Supposedly that experiment starts this year.