4/4 Post Game

gizmo

To be honest, I don't think we've beaten bad teams.

The Rockies have one of the best lineups in the National League and the Padres have improved.

With that said, this all means very little long-term because, well, it's been 5 games. I guess I'd rather be 4-1 than 1-4 though so there's that.

I look at it this way.

If we can play 500 ball or close to it on non-Jose starts and dominate on Jose pitched games (last yrs awful team was 18-10 on those games) contending for a wild card would not be unrealistic. I agree that how we do in our first series w/ Nats and Braves will be revealing.

Remember that season we started 11-1? yeah.

I'm not trying to get ahead of myself here, but in the years where the Marlins started hot, it was pretty obvious they were going to falter because their run differential was always terrible.

Career numbers suggest that, obviously, the offense will come back down to Earth. Today they face the best pitcher they have seen so far, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm not trying to get ahead of myself here, but in the years where the Marlins started hot, it was pretty obvious they were going to falter because their run differential was always terrible.

Career numbers suggest that, obviously, the offense will come back down to Earth. Today they face the best pitcher they have seen so far, so we'll see how that goes.

I can't remember the last time we've had a positive run differential over 15. The pen has been strong so far and so have the starters not named Alvarez and Turner. Too early to say anything about this team, so let's just look at this one series at a time.

To be honest, I don't think we've beaten bad teams.

The Rockies have one of the best lineups in the National League and the Padres have improved.

With that said, this all means very little long-term because, well, it's been 5 games. I guess I'd rather be 4-1 than 1-4 though so there's that.

Padres are really injured right now and don't have a lot of offensive depth. Maybin and Quienten both out to name a few. JJ and Luebke are also hurt on their staff.