4/23 Post Game Thread.

SongInTheAir

Red strikes again, leaving Dunn in to face Uggla with Ramos in the pen ready was just sheer stupidity. Once Gattis was up with a runner in scoring position and 2 men on, you're tempting fate.

This team hardly ever does the little things well that mean the difference in tight games against good teams. like the Braves or Nats. And that why this is a 90 loss team, in spite of the improvements.

It's really amazing the marlins continue to let Jones fail against LHP. If anything it probably f***s him up against RHP because he is so bad against LHP. Only this organization.

This sounds like a Mike Hill problem. He said something really idiotic when the Marlins signed Jones about him being a better player when he's in the line-up everyday. They can't be dumb enough to keep this up all season, so I expect it to stop at some point. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

4.70 BB/9, 5.90 FIP, I dunno, he's pretty bad. If anything last year was a fluke.

It's a small sample. He still hasn't lost the ability to miss bats and he's just given up some HR's early on. His career shows that he's a league average reliever. If you DFA him, you have to DFA the whole bullpen because he's no worse than anyone out there excluding Cishek.

I don't mind Redmond sticking with Dunn to face Uggla, but he's still terrible.

Ramos facing Uggla with 2 out and a runner on first, he'll go right at him and put him away. Dunn you're never so sure, more likely against a righty he'll fall behind in the count and have to come with something that Uggla could hit. The point was to avoid having a situation created where Freddie can pitch hit Gattis with 2 men on base, then no matter who you got on the mound all hell can break loose.