2b

pollythewog

Where the fuck have I been? It's a good thing, would hate to deal with Beane anyway.

Well then, time to sign Lowrie. Wtf is taking so long? He's a perfect buy low candidate that will bring the improved offense we need even if he's not 2013 good.

I agree, I think Lowrie would be a good signing, although he's apparently looking for 3 years and a whole lot more money than we think.

I'd give him 3 years, but what kind of money is he looking for? I would imagine a Salty-type $21M would do it but I guess I'm wrong?

3/$21 would probably get it done, but that seems like too much for a 30 year old coming off a .249/.321/.355 season. He's projected to be worth less than two wins next season and presumably even less the next two. If he won't sign for less than three years, I'd offer him 3/15.

I don't want Dee Gordon, especially not for what the Doyers would probably want back. That "All-Star" on his resume is going to make some team drastically overpay. I hope it isn't us.

I imagine it will be, lol. I'm all in favor of Gordon, but like any deal, it has to be the right price. I hope they don't do something stupid like trade Heaney for him. I would consider Eovaldi, though.

I'd probably be willing to part with Conley and another top 20 prospect asset such as Justin Bohn for Gordon, but I don't think I'd be willing to give up the Nicolino/German/Urena's of the team for Gordon. Guys like Williams/Disco are probably important to hold onto to see if they work out (Williams as a #3/4 starter hopefully, Disco as a good set up reliever or #5 starter) rather than trade away for a player like Gordon.

But like I've said before, Gordon would be an interesting change of pace style bat to add to the lineup. Just a matter of how much they'd be asking for.

Buster Olney is reporting Andrew Heaney for Dee Gordon close to being done. No freaking way!! What a downer that would be.

Saying others could be involved as well.

"Others" could be Dan Haren. I think that makes it even worse.

Also, saw other teams could be involved which makes me hopeful that we aren't just giving Heaney away.